• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: NBA FINALS!!! SA vs MIA

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Spo should have asked if cooling fans were available? You can't get when you don't ask.

AFA even playing field, the visitor's locker rooms are almost always crappier than the home team's, in every sport and level.

That's my point.
Why/ who would think that cooling fans would/ should be available at an indoor arena?
Has anyone ever heard of or seen them anywhere, ever at an indoor arena?
Even at arena football games?
I've been in the Heat locker room/ training room a few times and no cooling fans to be seen.

And I truly am asking, not whining, or accusing...because maybe facilities do have them....

I know sometimes baseball teams will cut their infield grass to play into the strengths of their team, but I would say, if ever proven, it is a totally different type of situation here.

And of course home teams have much more spectacular locker rooms...that wasn't my potential accusation.

Bottom line, if the fans are always there, then yes, The Spurs did the right thing by making them available to their team.

If they aren't the norm to be there, then they flat out cheated IMO.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's my point.
Why/ who would think that cooling fans would/ should be available at an indoor arena?
Has anyone ever heard of or seen them anywhere, ever at an indoor arena?
Even at arena football games?
I've been in the Heat locker room/ training room a few times and no cooling fans to be seen.

And I truly am asking, not whining, or accusing...because maybe facilities do have them....

I know sometimes baseball teams will cut their infield grass to play into the strengths of their team, but I would say, if ever proven, it is a totally different type of situation here.

And of course home teams have much more spectacular locker rooms...that wasn't my potential accusation.

Bottom line, if the fans are always there, then yes, The Spurs did the right thing by making them available to their team.

If they aren't the norm to be there, then they flat out cheated IMO.

I don't know if teams do this or not, but it would seem to make sense that teams would have at least a couple in their arena as a precaution. Probably in some storage space somewhere. If they didn't have them already, my guess would be that the Heat will have learned from this and will probably have some available by game 3.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
since we got time to kill...

LeBron James couldn't get too specific about his body's recovery on Saturday, but the Miami Heat superstar did say that he has significantly improved since cramping up late in Thursday's 110-95 series-opening loss in the NBA Finals against the San Antonio Spurs.

"I'm going to get some work done today, but there's no way I can test my body for what I went through," James said. "The conditions, the extreme conditions is nowhere near what it is. Unless I decide to run from here to the hotel, that's the only way I'll be able to test my body out. But I'm doing well. I'm doing a lot better. The soreness is starting to get out. So I'm feeling better than I did yesterday and, with another day, I should feel much better tomorrow."

James has said he'll be fine to play in Game 2. He has been getting treatment, icing, stretching and taking fluids, plus running and using an exercise bike for cardio. This is a taxing time, but "there are two weeks in the season, and then we all can go rest," James said, reiterating that in Game 1 he pushed his body as far as it could go.

"I went until the tank was empty and used the reserve tank until my body just couldn't go anymore" James said. "I'm going to try to do the same thing on [Sunday] — obviously I don't want to go too far with running my tank out, I want to be able to finish the game — but you gotta have that mindset [where] there's no tomorrow."

Sunday's game starts at 8 p.m. ET. The Heat haven't lost consecutive playoff games since the 2012 Eastern Conference finals against the Boston Celtics.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'sides, i just saw you're outta Vcash...:lol:

yea.. I had 6000. put it all on Miami tonight.. So it's gone till after the game. If Spurs win, it's gone. Yea, 90 days. Loser leaves town WWE match.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea.. I had 6000. put it all on Miami tonight.. So it's gone till after the game. If Spurs win, it's gone. Yea, 90 days. Loser leaves town WWE match.

:lol:we ain't gotta throw down in the hexagon or anything, do we...?

i warn you, i DO know karate...:lol:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if teams do this or not, but it would seem to make sense that teams would have at least a couple in their arena as a precaution. Probably in some storage space somewhere. If they didn't have them already, my guess would be that the Heat will have learned from this and will probably have some available by game 3.

Maybe so, but if you are going to have spare fans for the players in case of a possible AC failure then you should have spare generators stored somewhere also.
If for nothing else, the 20,000 paying customers.
The AC issue started pre game.
Reality is, if not for the financial implications involved, the game should have been postponed until Friday.
They still had 2 days off.
Fact is, viewership is much higher on Thursday nights than Friday nights.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe so, but if you are going to have spare fans for the players in case of a possible AC failure then you should have spare generators stored somewhere also.
If for nothing else, the 20,000 paying customers.
The AC issue started pre game.
Reality is, if not for the financial implications involved, the game should have been postponed until Friday.
They still had 2 days off.
Fact is, viewership is much higher on Thursday nights than Friday nights.

Yeah, from what the Spurs said, the AC folks didn't fix it right then because they didn't know how it would effect the rest of the power to the arena.

Honestly, I think too much is being made of the AC thing. Back in the 80's the old Boston Garden was ridiculous. It used to get up to 98 on the court during some of those games in the finals.

I remember Kareem taking oxygen on the Lakers bench because of the heat, humidity and smoke inside that place. Hearing some of those Showtime Lakers talk about it today is pretty funny. They actually sound like they miss all of that.:lol:

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
waitaminnit, how'd you get 6000...?

no throwing down in the hexagon. I got 6000 betting on Miami. Usually the whole thing at one time. I bet money 4 times in last years finals.. won them all. I bet Miami to win after a loss. Their record following losses is impressive. The Spurs are the only team in the NBA that I think could drop Miami twice in a row in the playoffs.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had 10,000 until the First round of the playoffs. I finally gave up after not getting winners of the Spurs-Mavs series.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if this were really money.. I would have pull 3gs out gone on a nice Hawaii vacation with the family.. that way no matter what happens from this point on... I finished ahead. but it's not really money.. SO ALL OF IT ON MIAMI!!!

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I've not understood why he hasn't seen more minutes. When the Heat signed him, it seemed like they had plans for him, but nothing ever materialized. If memory serves, he played fairly well in the few minutes he got.
He is still a huge liability on defense and his offensive efficiency does not make up for it.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
since we got time to kill...

LeBron James couldn't get too specific about his body's recovery on Saturday, but the Miami Heat superstar did say that he has significantly improved since cramping up late in Thursday's 110-95 series-opening loss in the NBA Finals against the San Antonio Spurs.

"I'm going to get some work done today, but there's no way I can test my body for what I went through," James said. "The conditions, the extreme conditions is nowhere near what it is. Unless I decide to run from here to the hotel, that's the only way I'll be able to test my body out. But I'm doing well. I'm doing a lot better. The soreness is starting to get out. So I'm feeling better than I did yesterday and, with another day, I should feel much better tomorrow."

James has said he'll be fine to play in Game 2. He has been getting treatment, icing, stretching and taking fluids, plus running and using an exercise bike for cardio. This is a taxing time, but "there are two weeks in the season, and then we all can go rest," James said, reiterating that in Game 1 he pushed his body as far as it could go.

"I went until the tank was empty and used the reserve tank until my body just couldn't go anymore" James said. "I'm going to try to do the same thing on [Sunday] — obviously I don't want to go too far with running my tank out, I want to be able to finish the game — but you gotta have that mindset [where] there's no tomorrow."

Sunday's game starts at 8 p.m. ET. The Heat haven't lost consecutive playoff games since the 2012 Eastern Conference finals against the Boston Celtics.

I think LBJ's latest issue with cramps proves he couldn't make it in the NFL.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the series where we will miss a Mike Miller. He was someone that could rotate on defense, rebound well and hit those crucial threes

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,069.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron needs to step up and have a big game. After the disappointment of coming out with a cramp and his team losing LeBron needs to step up and lead his team to a win and get back in the series

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rashard Lewis is the black Mike Miller!!!