• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: NBA FINALS!!! SA vs MIA

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow, you cats oughta read the stuff on the Heat board from that paolo dude for their game thread...

Yeah, I've heard this guy gives a new meaning to Debbie Downer. Heat could win the next 3 and be up 20 with 4 minutes left in Game 5 and he'd still be bitching about how they were about to blow it.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyway, not saying he should play...
But Beasley should be active over Oden.

Beasley being available could be meaningful if foul trouble or James' cramps flare up again.

Oden isn't ever going to be needed or called upon for any important minutes this series.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Beasley being available could be meaningful if foul trouble or James' cramps flare up again.

Oden isn't ever going to be needed or called upon for any important minutes this series.

for once we agree. if Oden gets minutes at any time in this series it means the Heat are in a bad way...

Last edited by a moderator:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've not understood why he hasn't seen more minutes. When the Heat signed him, it seemed like they had plans for him, but nothing ever materialized. If memory serves, he played fairly well in the few minutes he got.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. There's a reason that making 4 straight finals doesn't happen much. It just catches up to players.

I think the Heat considered that while plodding along during the regular season.

We're at the NBA Finals now.
If the Heat lose it will just be because the Spurs were the better team.

Only way I will back off the better team statement would be if the Heat lose in 7 and then down the road it is proven that foul play was involved with the very suspicious AC failure.

The fact that the Spurs had cooling fans in their locker room doesn't raise any eyebrows around here?

Cooling fans are always brought to outdoor events when hot temperatures are expected.
For what reason would they be kept in the locker room of an indoor A/C controlled venue?

On top of that, in sports, things do happen, but when they do....the playing field is always kept even.
If one teams head sets stop working, the other team has to turn them off, etc...

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You also take into consideration, he's been in Miami 4 seasons but has played the equivalent of 5. I'm pretty sure they have played at least 82 post season games over these 4 seasons. That's the equivalent of an entire extra season.

Last edited by a moderator:

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should Udonis Haslem be in Miami Heat mix in Game 2 of NBA Finals? - Sun Sentinel

This question in the latest Ask Ira seems like a joke. Should UD be in the mix for Game 2? Um, yeah. If they want to win and have a chance in this series , they need to remove the useless scrub battier from the rotation and insert UD, JJ and Beas.

Starting tonight and for the rest of the series(if the Heat want to win) - The inactive list should feature Justin Hamilton and Scrub Battier - its no knock on JH, but for the Heat to have a chance they need to have the 13 guys available to them that best give them a chance to win the game and activating G.O. and Beas would give the Heat 13 quality players that can offer them something unlike scrub battier who is a liability.

as much as i dislike the Heat i'd never say this about Battier. don't like his flop routine, but the guy's basketball savvy's pretty much unquestionable...

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've not understood why he hasn't seen more minutes. When the Heat signed him, it seemed like they had plans for him, but nothing ever materialized. If memory serves, he played fairly well in the few minutes he got.

I'm the biggest Beasley homer in probably the world, so I go out of my way to stay objective.

That being said, Beasley wasn't perfect, but he was productive most of the time he was on the court this season.
He still struggles on D, and that has to be the Heats biggest focus vs The Spurs, so he shouldn't be playing. I get it.

All that being said, he should be active because he potentially brings way more than Oden in this series.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm the biggest Beasley homer in probably the world, so I go out of my way to stay objective.

That being said, Beasley wasn't perfect, but he was productive most of the time he was on the court this season.
He still struggles on D, and that has to be the Heats biggest focus vs The Spurs, so he shouldn't be playing. I get it.

All that being said, he should be active because he potentially brings way more than Oden in this series.

Yeah, I agree that he should be active. He may be a defensive liability, but he can provide points off the bench which is something all teams need. Seems like they could have him active, put him in and if he's on.....great. If not, then take him back out. Seems like that would be better than Beasley inactive and Oden active, but not playing at all.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I agree that he should be active. He may be a defensive liability, but he can provide points off the bench which is something all teams need. Seems like they could have him active, put him in and if he's on.....great. If not, then take him back out. Seems like that would be better than Beasley inactive and Oden active, but not playing at all.

Exactly.
In this situation, all of your potential best options need to be available.
Oden will never be that.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly.
In this situation, all of your potential best options need to be available.
Oden will never be that.

:agree: After Lebron went out, the Heat needed someone who could score to try and answer the run that the Spurs went on. Considering how the game went and how gassed some of the players on both teams were, Beasley coming in fresh may have helped. At that point, he certainly wouldn't have hurt.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Heat considered that while plodding along during the regular season.

We're at the NBA Finals now.
If the Heat lose it will just be because the Spurs were the better team.

Only way I will back off the better team statement would be if the Heat lose in 7 and then down the road it is proven that foul play was involved with the very suspicious AC failure.

The fact that the Spurs had cooling fans in their locker room doesn't raise any eyebrows around here?

Cooling fans are always brought to outdoor events when hot temperatures are expected.
For what reason would they be kept in the locker room of an indoor A/C controlled venue?

On top of that, in sports, things do happen, but when they do....the playing field is always kept even.
If one teams head sets stop working, the other team has to turn them off, etc...

Maybe Spo should have asked if cooling fans were available? You can't get when you don't ask.

AFA even playing field, the visitor's locker rooms are almost always crappier than the home team's, in every sport and level.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Spo should have asked if cooling fans were available? You can't get when you don't ask.

AFA even playing field, the visitor's locker rooms are almost always crappier than the home team's, in every sport and level.

yep. it's the way I'VE always seen it...

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting that Lebrons number stayed the same when he was clearly headed for more than that before the cramps hit. Maybe they figure the Heat will try to lighten his load a little in this game? Charles Barkley has been saying all along that his biggest concern re: the Heat is how much Lebron has to do for the Heat to win.

This is my major concern and why i do not love the bet but i decided to side with him being in get it done mode and i will surely be against the public.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
putting the house on Miami tonight. Miami will win the by double digits.