• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: NBA FINALS!!! SA vs MIA

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
" If a player says "Will do it this time", his throwing shot's at the other team " - Jim Doors Logic

:L

Last edited by a moderator:

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
" If a player says "Will do it this time", his throwing shot's at the other team " - Jim Doors Logic

We'll do it this time. "We'll" meaning the team.

That's a guarantee, which means "shots fired"

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Despite me being a fake Knicks & Bandwagon Lebron Boner fan with mental issues, I'm still smarted than everyone in here" - Jim Doors

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coach Pop - "I saw all the air conditioning people on my way out, and i sent them home".

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coach Pop - "I saw all the air conditioning people on my way out, and i sent them home".

Wow...how dare you post an actual quote or anything in relation to the Finals in this Heat Hater thread!!!!

:tj:

Mods, ban him immediately for his derailment of this otherwise topic oriented thread.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, as I said before, can't bust on Lebron over the cramps. Those were extreme and unexpected conditions. He said he did his usual hydration, so he was taking care of his body as he should. By the time he got to the arena and realized what the conditions were. It was already too late.

There are no known direct, predictable causes for skeletal muscle cramps. There are however quite a few factors that contribute to the increased susceptibility to get paralyzing cramps. There are certain individuals who are susceptible to getting a mortis quality of cramps and Lebron is one of them. He stated he's had this happen in high school, college, and the pros and on at least four occassions when they were of mortis quality (meaning paralyzing as in rigor mortis).

I think there is a genetic factor that predisposes the sarcoplasmic reticulum (SR) of some people's skeletal muscles to coagulate the proteins that comprise the SR as thereby leaking calcium uncontrollably when exertion in heat is experienced. I also think the re-sequstering enzymes that capture calcium and return it to the SR also get damaged. When Calcium leaks out of the SR and is not regulated, contraction of the sarcomere can be almost spontaneous and the muscle remains contracted in a nearly mortis quality state because calcium is not re-squestered fast enough by defective enzymes.

Lebron stated he received several IV's and was hydrating and receiving ice. I didn't see much stretching but the camera wasn't on him all the time. SO it appears Mr Lebron is one of those muscled guys who gets mortis quality cramps when he over-exerts in heat and there is little he can do when he gets them except to cease the activity and continue with fluids, electrolytes, ice, and stretching to cool is core temps down and relieve that kind of severe pain.

It is sort of pointless from a medical perspective to berate the guy for something he can't necessarily control. He is doing everything he needs to do but unfortunately the situation is beyond his control when he gets those types of cramps. Again I can't prove any of my theory unless I get a research grant. Others are working on the problem but little has been discovered. I guess Lebron is just going to have live with that reality and the rest of sort of need to get use to it as well or to each his own.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
since SMAN vanished... I will help out his cause just once.

HGH use leads to more cramps. There.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:fify: It's the Los Angeles Lakers. Thank you!

It is, as far as the team name, but the word Laker is used several times on there own official website.
Just depends on the usage.

Why are they called Laker girls and not Lakers girls?:scratch:

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are no known direct, predictable causes for skeletal muscle cramps. There are however quite a few factors that contribute to the increased susceptibility to get paralyzing cramps. There are certain individuals who are susceptible to getting a mortis quality of cramps and Lebron is one of them. He stated he's had this happen in high school, college, and the pros and on at least four occassions when they were of mortis quality (meaning paralyzing as in rigor mortis).

I think there is a genetic factor that predisposes the sarcoplasmic reticulum (SR) of some people's skeletal muscles to coagulate the proteins that comprise the SR as thereby leaking calcium uncontrollably when exertion in heat is experienced. I also think the re-sequstering enzymes that capture calcium and return it to the SR also get damaged. When Calcium leaks out of the SR and is not regulated, contraction of the sarcomere can be almost spontaneous and the muscle remains contracted in a nearly mortis quality state because calcium is not re-squestered fast enough by defective enzymes.

Lebron stated he received several IV's and was hydrating and receiving ice. I didn't see much stretching but the camera wasn't on him all the time. SO it appears Mr Lebron is one of those muscled guys who gets mortis quality cramps when he over-exerts in heat and there is little he can do when he gets them except to cease the activity and continue with fluids, electrolytes, ice, and stretching to cool is core temps down and relieve that kind of severe pain.

It is sort of pointless from a medical perspective to berate the guy for something he can't necessarily control. He is doing everything he needs to do but unfortunately the situation is beyond his control when he gets those types of cramps. Again I can't prove any of my theory unless I get a research grant. Others are working on the problem but little has been discovered. I guess Lebron is just going to have live with that reality and the rest of sort of need to get use to it as well or to each his own.

I'll bet than LBJ doesn't get massages. When he was cramping, I never saw a member of the training staff helping him to stretch or massaging him. It's quite possible that he does not like to be touched in that manner.

Has anyone ever seen him stretch or get a massage while on TV?
He had been using a machine massager.
LeBron James, Kevin Durant Help Spearhead NBA Popularity of Legs Recovery System | Bleacher Report
I used to fence and would occasionally get massive cramps on my right forearm, even when I was hydrated. The coach of the kid(I had worked with him in the past and he was a friend) I was fencing once saw me in pain during a fence, walked over during a break, worked my forearm hard(hurt like hell) and the cramp went away. Massaging and stretching relaxes muscles and that's what you have to do in some cases.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

seems it's YOU being stupid. i didn't say LeClown couldn't take care of his own body, just shared some life experience....

now DO man up, take your own advice, and TRY not to keep making shit up...

You 100% implied in your post that James doesn't take care or know how to take care of his body.

Perhaps go back and read your own words.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll bet than LBJ doesn't get massages. When he was cramping, I never saw a member of the training staff helping him to stretch or massaging him. It's quite possible that he does not like to be touched in that manner.

Has anyone ever seen him stretch or get a massage while on TV?
He had been using a machine massager.
LeBron James, Kevin Durant Help Spearhead NBA Popularity of Legs Recovery System | Bleacher Report
I used to fence and would occasionally get massive cramps on my right forearm, even when I was hydrated. The coach of the kid(I had worked with him in the past and he was a friend) I was fencing once saw me in pain during a fence, walked over during a break, worked my forearm hard(hurt like hell) and the cramp went away. Massaging and stretching relaxes muscles and that's what you have to do in some cases.

Yea, sometimes that works as well and like you stated it hurts like hell. I didn't see LBJ doing much stretching or getting massaged but the camera wasn't on LBJ the whole time either. This lends support to my original assertion way earlier in this thread that the Heat medical staff dropped the ball here.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you get so butt hurt when I state my opinion?
Am I not entitled?
No need to keep responding or explaining, right?

And, you must not have been paying attention the several times when I said I don't even particularly care for James.
When did I ever say I liked him? Let alone care if you or anyone else does?

I've been around him at Heat events all 4 years he's been here and he's been a dick each and every time.
The only thing thing I'll say pro James( off the court) is that he has always been very aware and helpful to raise tons of dollars for whichever charity the Heat were representing.

More of your typical bullshit. You have been on here and cbs trying to defend Lebron and telling everyone else "why they really don't like Lebron or the Heat" as well as "the only acceptable reasons to dislike Lebron and the Heat" ever since the 3 amigos got together.

Your posting history shows that you care very much about why people dislike Lebron and the Heat. So answer the question: Why do you care so much about what others think of Lebron and the Heat? Or stfu.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More of your typical bullshit. You have been on here and cbs trying to defend Lebron and telling everyone else "why they really don't like Lebron or the Heat" as well as "the only acceptable reasons to dislike Lebron and the Heat" ever since the 3 amigos got together.

Your posting history shows that you care very much about why people dislike Lebron and the Heat. So answer the question: Why do you care so much about what others think of Lebron and the Heat? Or stfu.

Simply not true.
What I have repeatedly said ( aka my opinion) / " defending" is:

1. James or any FA owes their previous team nothing. Owner / player loyalty is often zero.
It works both ways. If the Cavs FO was that dense and couldn't see he most likely was gone, that's on them.

2. People have every right to not like how 'The Decision', played out ( James included) but at the end of the day much more good came out of it than bad because of all the money that went and continues to go to the kids.
As far as the bad, the only person who was hurt by it was James.

3. The uproar over the fan celebration was comical. Yesterday someone here called it a "championship celebration". A little perspective is really needed. It was a fun, fan event planned by the promotion department for obvious reasons.

I challenge you or anyone else to find any post, ever, where I said anyone should like the Heat or James.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simply not true.
What I have repeatedly said ( aka my opinion) / " defending" is:

1. James or any FA owes their previous team nothing. Owner / player loyalty is often zero.
It works both ways. If the Cavs FO was that dense and couldn't see he most likely was gone, that's on them.

2. People have every right to not like how 'The Decision', played out ( James included) but at the end of the day much more good came out of it than bad because of all the money that went and continues to go to the kids.
As far as the bad, the only person who was hurt by it was James.

3. The uproar over the fan celebration was comical. Yesterday someone here called it a "championship celebration". A little perspective is really needed. It was a fun, fan event planned by the promotion department for obvious reasons.

I challenge you or anyone else to find any post, ever, where I said anyone should like the Heat or James.

As I said, answer the question about why you care so much about why people don't like Lebron and the Heat or stfu.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spurs have mental makeup to handle adversity - Houston Chronicle

SAN ANTONIO - When the air conditioning went out in San Antonio, many of the Spurs felt right at home - their native homelands.
They are a roster loaded with foreign players, accustomed to playing in places where air conditioning not only isn't optional, it's not available.

"It gets crazy sometimes," forward Boris Diaw of France said Friday. "It goes to 95, 96."
It wasn't quite that bad inside the AT&T Center during Game 1 of the NBA Finals, where the temperature hovered around 90 degrees and the thermometer got as much attention as the scoreboard in the Spurs' 110-95 victory.
The Spurs weren't immune to the steamy arena; they just handled it better.
Foreign legion
They have nine players born outside of the United States, representing an NBA-record seven countries, and even Danny Green, one of their few Americans, played internationally early in his career when he couldn't stick in the NBA.
And while Diaw said it was the hottest NBA game he could remember, all the Spurs said they had faced worse.
They probably won't have to endure it again, at least not in this series.
The teams were scheduled to work out Friday and Saturday at the Spurs' training facility, and Spurs officials announced just before practice began that the air conditioning was "fully operational."
Commissioner Adam Silver said a breaker about the size of a car battery failed and workers couldn't replace it because they didn't know what effect that would have on the rest of the power to the arena. Silver said workers from the facility and league, along with an outside expert, checked it out and are confident everything is repaired and will be fine for Game 2 on Sunday night.
And even if it isn't, the Spurs probably would handle it.
They have developed a mental toughness, the kind it will take to bounce back from last year's gut-wrenching NBA Finals loss to the Heat and get it done this year.
"Being a champion is not easy," Green said. "It's not going to come easy."
'Great poise'
So no, the Spurs won't be rattled by something like the conditions. The two-time defending champion Heat will have to do that themselves.
"Anybody can be rattled, but this team is more difficult to rattle than others," Heat forward Chris Bosh said. "They have great poise; they're always a step ahead a little bit."
They were way ahead down the stretch, particularly after the demoralized Heat realized LeBron James - sidelined with cramps - had been lost for good with about four minutes remaining.
And, as is often the case for the Spurs, this game was won just as much with their minds.
"I feel part of our downfall in that game was mental and physical fatigue down the stretch," Heat guard Dwyane Wade said. "You know, rotations and things that we normally do wasn't done last night.
"It wasn't from not having the will or the want to do it."
The Spurs never lose that. Even after their unforgettable Game 6 defeat last season, when they blew a five-point lead in the final half-minute of regulation with a chance to win the title, they came back two nights later and pushed the Heat into the final minutes of Game 7.
And rather than change things up after that loss, even with Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobili on the wrong side of 35, the Spurs brought back all five starters and 12 players overall, rather than try to make fixes some thought might be needed to stay atop the Western Conference.
Coach Gregg Popovich doesn't know what causes his players to have their mental fortitude, but it's clear they do.
Pop's take
"It's difficult to judge or paint things with too big a brush," he said. "I think individual players have their own individual qualities and traits. I think some players are softer than others, some are tougher than others.
"But that doesn't change; it's just who they are."
The Heat have it as well. Five times they have lost Game 1 of a series since 2011, including last year to the Spurs, and each time bounced back to win Game 2 and eventually the series. They were disappointed by the finish to Thursday's game but not shaken, especially since James said he expects to be 100 percent by Sunday night.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said, answer the question about why you care so much about why people don't like Lebron and the Heat or stfu.

Your a dog chasing your tail on this one. You won't catch it because you can't.

I personally couldn't care any less if you or anyone else likes James/ The Heat.
How can I make it any clearer?

As usual, I'll let you get your last words of wisdom in on the topic.
It's boring.
I'm done with it.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your a dog chasing your tail on this one. You won't catch it because you can't.

I personally couldn't care any less if you or anyone else likes James/ The Heat.
How can I make it any clearer?

As usual, I'll let you get your last words of wisdom in on the topic.
It's boring.
I'm done with it.

Yep, there you go again. Not answering the question. Many posters have explained very clearly to you their reasons for not liking Lebron and the Heat. Yet, there is post after post with you telling people "the real reason they don't like Lebron and the Heat" and telling them what the "acceptable reasons" are. This indicates that you care very much why people don't like Lebron and the Heat.

It appears that you have chosen to stfu which is probably a wise decision on your part.