• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: NBA FINALS!!! SA vs MIA

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe the players association is going to make a stink about the playing conditions. Give me a frickin break

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep. more hydration, more stretching, more potassium. those used to do the trick for me...

some folks may want to overcomplicate it, but it ain't that hard...

CL: "I'm qualified to comment on the subject because I have the same body type, DNA, and play with the same or more energy than LeBron James". "I'm also way smarter than the Heat training staff".

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for the game, I thought both teams played well. The Heat deserve a lot of credit for those 23 turnovers by the Spurs. Many of them that would be classified as "unforced" came under great defensive rotation and pressure from the Heat, IMO.

Considering the location of the game, where the Spurs have been world beaters in a tough western conference, I think things look good for the Heat. People are saying the Heat wasted a game where they brought their A game, but I don't see it that way. The Heat weren't hitting shots they normally wouldn't or playing above themselves in anyway. I just think they looked like they know what the Spurs do and how to play against them.

Also Spo messed up with the timeout situation. Here we are in the final minutes, your star is trying to ice cramps, the Spurs are making a run, the crowd is going crazy, and you can't call a TO cause you used them all. Pop was very smart to not use any of his many available timeouts down the stretch.

Whoever you want to blame for LeBron's absence... it sucks that the best player in the game wasn't on the court for the final 7 minutes. I think we could've seen an epic last second finish had he been out there.

It was a pretty well played game overall...some interesting notes early...Spo clearly wants to keep Bosh somewhat fresh on OFC as he's doubling Duncan off the 1st bounce to take some of the load off...it worked pretty well as Bosh delivered on the OFC end...the bad is Tim still got his, and was able to initiate OFC with the 1st pass out of the dbl team.

Wasted...idk about wasted, but getting 5 guys in dbl figures on the road, you'd think MA would win that game probably 80% of the time...Bad break for MIA that LBJ couldn't finish...killed their chances down the stretch.

Timeouts...agree it might've helped to have a TO or 2...Bottom line...too many guys factored for SA in this game...you can't give up 110 and win on the road...looking forward to Sunday.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami has to do better on defense. You can't allow the Spurs to go 60% from the field. You just can't. Lebron also needs to hydrate more.

He'd better be careful. This is part 2 of the Spurs master plan. Now Lebron will overhydrate and be water logged in game 2!!:lol:

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The SPURS are probably going to be pissed now.
If you think a half-ass Tim Duncan guarantee was going to motivate Miami.

The Spurs players have to hear for 3 straight days how they only won because Lebron cramped up.
They are likely going to get real sick and tired of hearing that the next 3 days.

Traditionally, SA is horrible in game 2s, as they usually come out flat when up 1-0.
But, I suspect this whole "cramp" thing might bring them to a razor sharp focus.

Miami can still win. But, they are not likely to catch San Antonio napping like game 2 always does.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its 1 loss. Who cares.. Miami wins this in 6. When Miami does exactly what it wanted to do, and thats win one of the first two games, no one will be talking about this crap. Lebron cramped up, its unfortunate but it happens. I played football all throughout highschool and in various adult leagues. i have torn my ACL/MCL twice in games and was able to walk off by myself. I have also cramped up because of dehydration and could barely move. The body just shuts down and the legs go stiff as boards. Plus, LBJ walked off, he was only carried off because they didnt want to waste a time out at the end.

Miami wins Game 2 and then goes home and goes up in the series 2-1.

My issues arent with LBj, they are with Spo (why would you keep putting Chalmers back in? He was awful all night, He hurt us on every single possesion he had the ball) and with Wade (How could you disappear at the end of the game when it was your time to rise). Lewis was terrible on defense and yeah he hit a couple shots, but I much rather have James Jones in who will hit those shots and not play defense. Bosh was getting abused by Duncan, I still have to question whether its time to let Oden play some against a big like Duncan. Yea he probably will get abused as well, but he could give Duncan a few fits, plus it clogs the paint and lets Bosh get into his comfort zone.

Agree 100%. Played football in high school and college and basketball in high school and adult leagues. Played on sprained ankles, played sick, etc. Never played through cramps. You can't play through cramps and once they start, it's already too late.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that Lebron cramping up hurt the Heat and makes for the point differential. However, if I'm a Heat fan, I'm wondering what happened to D-Wade, Bosh and Ray-Ray down the stretch.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron vs Duncan trilogy

Part 1 (2007 Finals Cavs vs Spurs) - Batman Begins

Tim-Duncan-Lebron-James-2007-NBA-Finals-postgame.jpg

Part 2 (2013 Finals Heat vs Spurs) - The Dark Knight

541blebron-james-trophies-nba-finals-2013.jpg

Part 3 (2014 Finals Heat vs Spurs) - The Dark Knight Rises

LeBron-James-Dark-Knight-Rises_zps87b4a42d.jpg

This trilogy all makes sense now

You guys remember The Dark Knight Rises right? When Bruce Wayne is older and withered, then gets pummeled and injured...but when it seems like defeat was at hand he rises and overcomes everything

Lebron looked down and out with his cramps...but believe me...Bron will be back with a vengeance

Sportsman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its 1 loss. Who cares.. Miami wins this in 6. When Miami does exactly what it wanted to do, and thats win one of the first two games, no one will be talking about this crap. Lebron cramped up, its unfortunate but it happens. I played football all throughout highschool and in various adult leagues. i have torn my ACL/MCL twice in games and was able to walk off by myself. I have also cramped up because of dehydration and could barely move. The body just shuts down and the legs go stiff as boards. Plus, LBJ walked off, he was only carried off because they didnt want to waste a time out at the end.

Miami wins Game 2 and then goes home and goes up in the series 2-1.

My issues arent with LBj, they are with Spo (why would you keep putting Chalmers back in? He was awful all night, He hurt us on every single possesion he had the ball) and with Wade (How could you disappear at the end of the game when it was your time to rise). Lewis was terrible on defense and yeah he hit a couple shots, but I much rather have James Jones in who will hit those shots and not play defense. Bosh was getting abused by Duncan, I still have to question whether its time to let Oden play some against a big like Duncan. Yea he probably will get abused as well, but he could give Duncan a few fits, plus it clogs the paint and lets Bosh get into his comfort zone.

Brilliant post….:agree: You were spot on with all your points. Many times this team wins in spite of bad decisions by Spo. Thru the season Oden should have been getting more playing time and he should have gotten some time during last nights game. I prefer James Jones to Lewis when Lewis isn't playing defense as well. Wade was a bum for not stepping up.

Sportsman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that Lebron cramping up hurt the Heat and makes for the point differential. However, if I'm a Heat fan, I'm wondering what happened to D-Wade, Bosh and Ray-Ray down the stretch.

These supposed superstars, didn't step up at all, but instead curled up into a fetal position and hoped everything would work out. Most overrated supporting cast in the history of the league.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hall of Famer Isiah Thomas didn't begrudge James for not returning.

"There is no athlete on the planet who could've played through those cramps," Thomas told Yahoo! Sports. "Michael Jordan absolutely couldn't have played through those cramps. I absolutely couldn't have played through those cramps. As an athlete, there's nothing you could do."

Outside of GP, Isiah Thomas was one of my favorite point guards to watch. Remember his game in 88 when he played through that sprain ankle in the finals. This bad boy was tough. But playing through an injury and playing through a cramp is different. Injuries unless it is extremely severe are all about pain threshold. But a cramp when your muscles lock up you're done. Doesn't matter who you are.

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any SA fan know anything about the reports that SA practiced outside all week? im just curious if thats true or not.

Sportsman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And just as I said, ice is a treatment not a prevention.

From my experience most people are deficient in minerals, some of which are electrolytes the body needs for proper muscle functioning. Most of these doctors and trainers believe we all have enough of these nutrients but we actually do not, especially Potassium. It is surpassing that these athletes aren't strongly encouraged to eat high potassium foods constantly to keep their potassium levels high since they would be very susceptible to insufficient intake of this mineral along with calcium, magnesium, etc.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is no dig towards anyone or anyteam...But I find this interesting..

LeBron James, the most athletic guy in the league, gets taken out by the AC Heat.....Yet, Spurs old dudes, somehow are not harmed whatsoever from a hot gym.

Interesting. You'd think if the elements were going to affect anyone it would be one or more of the Spurs players. Or from Miami maybe D-Wade.

Sportsman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outside of GP, Isiah Thomas was one of my favorite point guards to watch. Remember his game in 88 when he played through that sprain ankle in the finals. This bad boy was tough. But playing through an injury and playing through a cramp is different. Injuries unless it is extremely severe are all about pain threshold. But a cramp when your muscles lock up you're done. Doesn't matter who you are.

People die while swimming because they get cramps and their muscles lock and they can't swim anymore. If cramps are so bad that you can't swim to save your life then cramps can obviously be very debilitating.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From my experience most people are deficient in minerals, some of which are electrolytes the body needs for proper muscle functioning. Most of these doctors and trainers believe we all have enough of these nutrients but we actually do not, especially Potassium. It is surpassing that these athletes aren't strongly encouraged to eat high potassium foods constantly to keep their potassium levels high since they would be very susceptible to insufficient intake of this mineral along with calcium, magnesium, etc.

This.

I have started having problems with muscle cramps so I have done some research on cramps the last few months. Ultimately I changed my diet to increase potassium and it has helped immensely. Avocados and bananas all day and a very liberal use of salt.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sportsman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is no dig towards anyone or anyteam...But I find this interesting..

LeBron James, the most athletic guy in the league, gets taken out by the AC Heat.....Yet, Spurs old dudes, somehow are not harmed whatsoever from a hot gym.

Interesting. You'd think if the elements were going to affect anyone it would be one or more of the Spurs players. Or from Miami maybe D-Wade.

Dude just needs to drink more coconut juice and eat more yams, salmon, and bananas.

Sportsman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This.

I have started having problems with muscle cramps so I have done some research on cramps the last few months. Ultimately I changed my diet to increase potassium and it has helped immensely. Avocados and bananas all day.

Same here. I've got cramps in my calfs easier and like you I increased potassium rich foods and the cramps decrease by 75% in a short amount of time.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These supposed superstars, didn't step up at all, but instead curled up into a fetal position and hoped everything would work out. Most overrated supporting cast in the history of the league.

This is when you see the term superstar become an overused word...D Wade WAS as a superstar and has long since conceded The Man title to LBJ...Bosh could score more points on another team but imo...he's a good role player on this team. Same with Ray Allen, Lewis, etc....when LBJ is not in the game D Wade has to produce.

MIA has one superstar now. MIA has to play better on DEF in SA to win a game there...too many guys factored for SA last night.