• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: NBA FINALS!!! SA vs MIA

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missed the game.

What quarter did Lebron get sand in his vagina?

86342551.jpg

38 - 7 - 5 - 3

541499_268950346575532_392328559_n.jpg

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The illuminati broke the AC just like they turned the lights out in the Super Bowl! Their reach is never ending!!!

Triplexxx23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those things were already brought up on this board... But its too bad you had to miss the game cause of your pap smear appointment.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone who ever played sports before know that playing with a flu is easier to play with than a muscle cramp where you can't bend your knee. God you people are stupid

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm convinced most of you never played sports in your life. When you have a muscle cramp you cannot bend your knee at all. Let's stop acting like doctors

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do love how LeBron gets a cramp and he needs to be carried off the floor of game 1 in the NBA Finals.

I really dislike Kobe Bryant, but I can guarantee you that Kobe would NEVER get carried off like a Vietnam soldier in game 1 of the finals, or any playoff game for that matter.

Maybe I don't blame LeBron, look LeBron is a damn good bball player and he is a monster, there is no denying....But I think this comes from the era of athletes LeBron comes from. There is no more toughness

Well said. Lets give Tim Duncan props last night. That old dude handled the heat just fine, and he keeps on ticking. He is amazing

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm convinced most of you never played sports in your life. When you have a muscle cramp you cannot bend your knee at all. Let's stop acting like doctors

Cramps ain't no joke! I damn near been paralyzed in pain just from a cramp in my fucking toe before.

That being said, this is not the first time LeBron has befallen due to cramps. Dude might want to look at his diet or stretching regimen or something because this shit should not keep happening to him.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"It was so hot." - Lebron

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,229.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gotta give LeBron a break. if it was anyone else on either team we wouldnt be making such a big deal about it

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,229.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we gotta give James a break. cramps happen.

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heat blew their best chance to win in SA in my opinion.

Doesn't mean they can't or wont. But up 7 in the 4th quarter with momentum and they let it slip away.

too bad. tough to see. sad that the talking points and focus will no be on the basketball but rather the AC. Sad that even was a factor.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remeber all the heat "fans" claimly that the heat was going to be well rested after winning GM 6.
And things happen man. The power went out at the Super Bowl, the Olympic Ring Mishap (unfortunately someone lost their life because of it). I bet they're working on the AC right now (sarcasm).

What does the Heat being well rested have anything to do with the Spurs playing in a janky venue, or saying that San Antonio was a hell hole to visit?

I said the Spurs won fair and square. Both teams played in the same conditions.

It just sucked that the conditions they played in weren't what they were accustomed to or ever had to play in an NBA game in before.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

People wake up with a Charlie horse and can't get out of bed.
When you are cramped up, you simply cannot move.

I know the James/Kobe stupidity will be flaring up all day, but fact is, it is much easier to limp off with a torn ACL, or even a broken leg, than dealing with severe cramps.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cramps ain't no joke! I damn near been paralyzed in pain just from a cramp in my fucking toe before.

That being said, this is not the first time LeBron has befallen due to cramps. Dude might want to look at his diet or stretching regimen or something because this shit should not keep happening to him.

yep. more hydration, more stretching, more potassium. those used to do the trick for me...

some folks may want to overcomplicate it, but it ain't that hard...

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron walked/limped on his own from the far baseline and was like 5 feet from the bench when the ref told Spo, "Get him off the floor now or we're charging you a timeout" (Heat only had one left). So Spo tells those guys to get him off the floor, and they carry him the last 5 feet.

Now its all "Lebron got carried off the floor", "So-and-So would never get carried off the floor".

Absurdity at its finest, folks.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for the game, I thought both teams played well. The Heat deserve a lot of credit for those 23 turnovers by the Spurs. Many of them that would be classified as "unforced" came under great defensive rotation and pressure from the Heat, IMO.

Considering the location of the game, where the Spurs have been world beaters in a tough western conference, I think things look good for the Heat. People are saying the Heat wasted a game where they brought their A game, but I don't see it that way. The Heat weren't hitting shots they normally wouldn't or playing above themselves in anyway. I just think they looked like they know what the Spurs do and how to play against them.

Also Spo messed up with the timeout situation. Here we are in the final minutes, your star is trying to ice cramps, the Spurs are making a run, the crowd is going crazy, and you can't call a TO cause you used them all. Pop was very smart to not use any of his many available timeouts down the stretch.

Whoever you want to blame for LeBron's absence... it sucks that the best player in the game wasn't on the court for the final 7 minutes. I think we could've seen an epic last second finish had he been out there.

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its 1 loss. Who cares.. Miami wins this in 6. When Miami does exactly what it wanted to do, and thats win one of the first two games, no one will be talking about this crap. Lebron cramped up, its unfortunate but it happens. I played football all throughout highschool and in various adult leagues. i have torn my ACL/MCL twice in games and was able to walk off by myself. I have also cramped up because of dehydration and could barely move. The body just shuts down and the legs go stiff as boards. Plus, LBJ walked off, he was only carried off because they didnt want to waste a time out at the end.

Miami wins Game 2 and then goes home and goes up in the series 2-1.

My issues arent with LBj, they are with Spo (why would you keep putting Chalmers back in? He was awful all night, He hurt us on every single possesion he had the ball) and with Wade (How could you disappear at the end of the game when it was your time to rise). Lewis was terrible on defense and yeah he hit a couple shots, but I much rather have James Jones in who will hit those shots and not play defense. Bosh was getting abused by Duncan, I still have to question whether its time to let Oden play some against a big like Duncan. Yea he probably will get abused as well, but he could give Duncan a few fits, plus it clogs the paint and lets Bosh get into his comfort zone.

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not suggesting the Spurs did the AC thing on purpose, they had to play in it as well. But I have been hearing reports that the Spurs practiced outside all week in the heat. Is that true? Any SA fan able to confirm that? If that is true, it does give them a slight adavntage and makes you wonder about the power failure.