• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: NBA FINALS!!! SA vs MIA

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed...but I think you have to drill down and find a reason (something tangible) MIA will change the course of this series...they're not playing badly, SA is just playing better. Aside from 1 game by Lewis...the reserve role players have been almost non-existent in this series.

Look at it how you want to all day long, but this series is over - Miami loses in the next two games

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be curious to see how many Heat fans turn into Lebron haters when he jumps ship this offseason to join a team he can continue to try and win more rings with.

I have a sinking feeling Lebron is going to be heading to one of the major market teams -- Lakers, Knicks or Bulls. Not that he needs to be in a major market to profit off his brand, but it definitely wouldn't hurt.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be curious to see how many Heat fans turn into Lebron haters when he jumps ship this offseason to join a team he can continue to try and win more rings with.

I have a sinking feeling Lebron is going to be heading to one of the major market teams -- Lakers, Knicks or Bulls. Not that he needs to be in a major market to profit off his brand, but it definitely wouldn't hurt.

There isn't one team in the NBA that can give Lebron the confidence of going to the finals 4 straight years and winning 2 of 4 championship titles. The only way he leaves is if Wade says he is finished and Bosh wants out - then it could explode, but I think there is 10% chance of that happening

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There isn't one team in the NBA that can give Lebron the confidence of going to the finals 4 straight years and winning 2 of 4 championship titles. The only way he leaves is if Wade says he is finished and Bosh wants out - then it could explode, but I think there is 10% chance of that happening

Wade's play is saying that already...unless these guys are all willing to opt out and resign at lower figures to allow another legit piece LBJ might see that as a sign to move on.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This series reminds of the Indiana Jones movie where the guy rips his heart out and shows it to him. Spurs smell blood.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost any Playoff team he joins in the East gives him a good shot at going to the Finals almost every year. If He goes to the Bulls They would be Favs in the East, Pacers Fav in the East, Knicks Fav in the east, Heat fav in the east. Dam n even if he went to Atlanta they would be Favs in the East.

West it gets tricky.

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LBJ stays in miami, he isnt leaving. They will get him what he needs around him.

@purg was it you or someone else here that stated back at the beginning of the series, that whomever wins game 5 wins the series? Whoever it was, i agree :) If Miami is able to win Game 5, I dont see them losing game 6 at home and then with momentum i see them winning game 7.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People saying its not LBJ fault, I agree to a point. He hasn't been himself. He Has 14pts in the 4th Q. That's in 4 games. So his avg is 3.5pts a game in the 4th Q. He is suppose to be the King. A true great does not fall apart in the 4th. These are sad numbers for LBJ. So yes he is also letting his team down just like the rest of the Heat players.

14pts in the 4th Q in 4 games. That is BAD.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People saying its not LBJ fault, I agree to a point. He hasn't been himself. He Has 14pts in the 4th Q. That's in 4 games. So his avg is 3.5pts a game in the 4th Q. He is suppose to be the King. A true great does not fall apart in the 4th. These are sad numbers for LBJ. So yes he is also letting his team down just like the rest of the Heat players.

Not exactly accurate/fair analysis though.

Game 1 he didn't play the 4th because of the cramps and yesterday the game was decided and he played a meaningless less than 5 minutes.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LBJ stays in miami, he isnt leaving. They will get him what he needs around him.

@purg was it you or someone else here that stated back at the beginning of the series, that whomever wins game 5 wins the series? Whoever it was, i agree :) If Miami is able to win Game 5, I dont see them losing game 6 at home and then with momentum i see them winning game 7.

It wasn't me. It makes sense but again to beat spurs 3 games in a row and it would make 3 straight loses at home for the Spurs. I just don't see it happening. I think Miami has a 5% chance of making this come back. Like LBJ said the tough thing about the Spurs u cant just shut 1 player down and hope to win. They spread the ball around and they have multiple players that can take over.

Game 1: TD, Parker and Manu had good game Win (late Blow out)
Game 2: TD, Parker, Manu good game: Lost a close one
Game 3: Leonard was a beast. Parker and Green had a good game: Win Blow out
Game 4: Leonard again played an all around great game, Parker and Mills had good games: Blow out win

They have many players that can help them win. Spurs know if they can contain the others and LBJ does his thing Miami cant win. LBj isn't scoring 60+ So spurs are playing great D on the other players. Most team pay a lot of attention to LBJ but spurs are taking others out of the game. Smart move.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not exactly accurate/fair analysis though.

Game 1 he didn't play the 4th because of the cramps and yesterday the game was decided and he played a meaningless less than 5 minutes.

Fair opinion but still 14pts in the 4th is not going to help your team win. He needs to avg at least 10 per 4th Q. He needs to take over the game.

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Rob that actually made me laugh

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just dont count them out yet. Miami will be holding onto the trophy when this is all said and done. History is going to be made.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't me. It makes sense but again to beat spurs 3 games in a row and it would make 3 straight loses at home for the Spurs. I just don't see it happening. I think Miami has a 5% chance of making this come back. Like LBJ said the tough thing about the Spurs u cant just shut 1 player down and hope to win. They spread the ball around and they have multiple players that can take over.

Game 1: TD, Parker and Manu had good game Win (late Blow out)
Game 2: TD, Parker, Manu good game: Lost a close one
Game 3: Leonard was a beast. Parker and Green had a good game: Win Blow out
Game 4: Leonard again played an all around great game, Parker and Mills had good games: Blow out win

They have many players that can help them win. Spurs know if they can contain the others and LBJ does his thing Miami cant win. LBj isn't scoring 60+ So spurs are playing great D on the other players. Most team pay a lot of attention to LBJ but spurs are taking others out of the game. Smart move.

Also, while he doesn't shut him down (no one can), Leonard is quick enough and strong enough that he makes Lebron work for everything he gets. This tires him out a bit and may explain some of the apparent lack of energy from him.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is bad, but watching the games...especially the last two, they were behind early and it was him or nothing...point being he's having to work extra hard just to get them back into the game...not much left in the 4Q...you hate to point at one player, but imo LBJ is not the one to point at.

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 straight finals, 5 finals in 9 years. At least 3 championships in 9 years, a 27 game winning streak, and the most entertaining brand of basketball since the show time lakers in an area of social media and constant scrutiny. Gotta love these haters, clowns and so called Heat fans. This has been a helluva run. And one that has been great to watch as a fan. And you know what, it may not be over. So for all you Lakers, Bulls, Celtics and Mavericks fans spewing hate and criticism, kiss the arse of the 3 time NBA champions!!

6081114162_eae14ba471_o.gif

Sportsman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 straight appearances in the Finals has finally caught up with the Heat. Only 2 teams in the legit basketball era have gone to four straight finals. I'm surprised this team even made the finals this year, it is actually a huge accomplishment in itself. The Heat need a legit inside presence if they want to continue to make finals appearances or else they will continue to wear down year after year.