• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: NBA FINALS!!! SA vs MIA

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Heat fans that series isn't over, but I have a question.

What have the Heat shown that indicates that they have any chance at taking 3 straight vs. San Antonio?

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got a little over 2 days until I'm banned. Fuck you CL. Sorry.. I don't mean that..okay maybe a little.

Look, I don't mind the Heat losing to the Spurs. The Spurs are a really good team, very well coached, and a class act all the way around. What I mind, is how we are losing to them. The Spurs are moving on offense.. we are not. As much as Mark Cuban would make me look foolish for saying this.. it just looks like the Spurs want this more. Miami is getting manhandled, and seem not to care a whole bunch. I don't get it. It pisses me off. Maybe I should accept that the DWade I love is gone... replaced with this guy. I kind of knew it already, but loved the occasional flashes of the old DWade. They seem to be getting further and further in between.

I hope Lebron doesn't leave. And again, fuck you CL.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I do think the reply still is valid about them being old. Didn't Payton and Malone retire after that year?

Malone did. Payton actually ended up getting a ring with the 2008 Celtics.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also Spurs are good.. but they aren't 20+ points a game better than Miami.. yet here we are.

Fiero425

JayCium
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they are referring to 2004 when the Lakers had Shaq, Kobe, Karl Malone and Gary Payton.

You can say the same thing about this Heat team; old and can't get up! James' been carrying Wade who's only had flashes of his old self! It's all falling on poor LeBron; :doh: :L :bawling: They're toast; esp. if they're looking for a selfish player like Anthony to help them get back to another final! :omg: :wtf2: Go Spurs! :yahoo::clap:

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What have the Heat shown that indicates that they have any chance at taking 3 straight vs. San Antonio?

I will say if anyone can do it, it would be Miami. You don't go to four straight Finals without overcoming some adverse situations.

That being said ....

there are two factors here that they have not faced ever in this four-year run.

They have never faced a 3-1 series deficit. 1-0. 2-1. 3-2. They have faced and overcome. This is their first 3-1 deficit this entire four-year stretch.

And they have not, in this entire stretch, had a team come into their building and beat them by 20 (okay, 19 and 21 ... same thing) in back-to-back games.

They have been the most unshakeable team in the NBA these past four years but that has to mess with even their confidence.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Miami. If anyone can beat the Spurs 3 times in a row with a title on the line, it is Miami.. heck we did it two times last year (albeit both in Miami). The problem is, I don't think anyone can give the Spurs 3 shots at a title and not expect them to come back with it.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The fat lady is all tune up and humming the 1st bar...no dog in the fight for me, but I don't see anything to suggest they can...one reason...The Heat cannot guard or have chosen not to guard Duncan 1 on 1 and SA has too many guys playing with confidence and looking to attack when the ball is swung to them.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Malone did. Payton actually ended up getting a ring with the 2008 Celtics.

Malone missed like a handful of games his entire career with Utah. He had a major knee injury with the Lakers. Very unfortunate. He was a shell of himself in those finals. Payton was healthy but hated the triangle offense and stewed about it. He got one with Miami though.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Miami. If anyone can beat the Spurs 3 times in a row with a title on the line, it is Miami.. heck we did it two times last year (albeit both in Miami). The problem is, I don't think anyone can give the Spurs 3 shots at a title and not expect them to come back with it.

Not going to happen - there is just no way in hell that Miami is going to beat the Spurs three games straight with the Spurs as good as they are.

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question for heat Fans: What about a trade with Boston for Rondo.

Miami Gets a true PG in Rondo
Boston gets Cole, 1st rd Pick, 2nd rd pick, Bosh and maybe Beasley or Hamilton.

Something like that. I think a true PG would really help Miami. Just an Idea

that would be awful for miami.

wade and rondo in the backcourt means literally NO spacing whatsoever. who is gonna be the big man? Who is going to spread the floor?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that would be awful for miami.

wade and rondo in the backcourt means literally NO spacing whatsoever. who is gonna be the big man? Who is going to spread the floor?

Well u guys complain about PG play so why now make a trade for one. Biggest weakness is PG play and Big in the middle. This at least takes care of the PG problem.

It was a just an Idea. Cole and Rio are not starters.

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one would have thought SA would beat Miami 3 straight with 2 on their home turf. But they did. Miami cant look at it as 3 games. Its 1 game. Win on the road Sunday and then you have another shot to play on your own court. If u do that its 1 more game where everything is lefton the court. Just take 1 game at a time. I have faith Miami wins game 5 and when they do, itll come down to game 7 and at that point miami will have momentum.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami is not out of this. I agree they win game 5 in SA then things start to fall in Miami's lap. No way Miami would lose 3 at home and then going to game 7 they would have the confidence knowing they already beat SA at SA 2 times already.

But again I don't see SA losing 3 games in a row and 3 games at home overall in this series.

Lets just see if Miami can win 1 game first.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami isnt out of this but old Wade needs to come back. Leonard just took the ball away from him in the 2nd half. Total embarrassment

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
avalon2423;5056992[B said:
]No one would have thought SA would beat Miami 3 straight with 2 on their home turf. But they did. Miami cant look at it as 3 games. Its 1 game. [/B]Win on the road Sunday and then you have another shot to play on your own court. If u do that its 1 more game where everything is lefton the court. Just take 1 game at a time. I have faith Miami wins game 5 and when they do, itll come down to game 7 and at that point miami will have momentum.

Agreed...but I think you have to drill down and find a reason (something tangible) MIA will change the course of this series...they're not playing badly, SA is just playing better. Aside from 1 game by Lewis...the reserve role players have been almost non-existent in this series.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami is not out of this. I agree they win game 5 in SA then things start to fall in Miami's lap. No way Miami would lose 3 at home and then going to game 7 they would have the confidence knowing they already beat SA at SA 2 times already.

But again I don't see SA losing 3 games in a row and 3 games at home overall in this series.

Lets just see if Miami can win 1 game first.

But Miami only has 1 game left in Miami and they just lost two straight at home. I don't think Miami could possibly beat the Spurs 3 games straight the way the Spurs are playing