• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: NBA FINALS!!! SA vs MIA

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Spurs are making the two-time defending champs look like amateurs.

And I honestly think that says more about the Spurs right now than it does the Heat. The Heat will always be the story, and I understand why, but the Spurs deserve all the credit in the world for putting two ruthless beat-downs on Miami in Miami. This, with the best player in the world actually playing well, even spectacular at times.

Only 1 of two things can happen from here...
1) The Spurs finish their year long quest of revenge successfully.
2) The Spurs have two of the most epic collapses in NBA Finals history in back to back years.

The optimist side of me says "Hey, the Spurs just won back to back, all the Heat have to do is answer with back to back wins and they'll earn themselves an anything-can-happen Game 7".

I'd rather not divulge at this time what the realist side of me says.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In response to BK, in theory I agree with everything you said about the adjustments and I'd start UD over Lewis as well, but man I don't know how much it can work when the Spurs are passing the ball 7-8 times every possession. I've been trying to think of adjustments, and I all I literally have is this...Miami probably has to go 2007 Phoenix Suns. They've tried to do everything on defense and it just doesn't work, so I say they play the up and down style game with San antonio and try to beat them 120-117. I know that sounds ludicrous, but what else can they do?

Turnup basically said the same thing. I'm not sure what defensive adjustments can be made. They'll just keep passing the ball and getting good looks. You can't just chase San Antonio off the 3-pt line because they have players that get to the hole too. It's time to go all in on offense and Lebron needs to drop a big number.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how anyone can blame Lebron for the Heat's showing in the last two games. I'll listen to you the 'heart of a champion' type arguments for a little while, and beyond the fact that the rest of the team is doing nothing offensively, at the end of the day, it's not Lebron's fault the rest of his team can't play an ounce of defense.

No team who has no point guard or center isn't going to be beating this Spurs team, regardless of whether Lebron is on the court.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turnup basically said the same thing. I'm not sure what defensive adjustments can be made. They'll just keep passing the ball and getting good looks. You can't just chase San Antonio off the 3-pt line because they have players that get to the hole too. It's time to go all in on offense and Lebron needs to drop a big number.
Agreed

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And I honestly think that says more about the Spurs right now than it does the Heat. The Heat will always be the story, and I understand why, but the Spurs deserve all the credit in the world for putting two ruthless beat-downs on Miami in Miami. This, with the best player in the world actually playing well, even spectacular at times.

Only 1 of two things can happen from here...
1) The Spurs finish their year long quest of revenge successfully.
2) The Spurs have two of the most epic collapses in NBA Finals history in back to back years.

The optimist side of me says "Hey, the Spurs just won back to back, all the Heat have to do is answer with back to back wins and they'll earn themselves an anything-can-happen Game 7".

It's just like when the Pistons beat the Lakers when the Lakers had the "4 Hall of Famers" lineup. The story was about what's wrong with the Lakers instead of what's right about the Pistons.

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is nuts...

Last edited by a moderator:

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Series is not over yet.
This premature celebrating is killing me....
That being said:

What the heck is wrong with MIAMI arena fans????

Lebron gave you guys 3 MVPS, 4 finals appearances, 2 rings, and possibly a 3rd ring if the HEAT rally. They should be building a statue of him in front of the arena.

He is a free agent with a difficult decision.
And HEAT fans are boooooooooing in his (possible) last game ever in a Miami uniform????

That is not the way to convince Lebron to stay in Miami.
I would hope they correct this error this if by some way Miami can force a game 6.

They need to win game 5, so Lebron's last memory before a free agent decision 2.0 will not be loud booing.

I would've boooed the rest of the team. Lebron's the only reason Miami still has some semblance of a chance. The sad thing for Lebron is - he'll take a majority of the blame if/when the Heat loses this series.

Spoelstra hasn't done anything to show he's an elite coach yet. He sticks with the same lineups that get constantly destroyed. He plays UD sparingly when we're getting killed on the boards, where Birdman seems like he's the only one who's actually trying out there. As mentioned earlier, Beasley's not a great defender. At this point, you need to offense to go against offense.

One thing is for sure, this roster's going to have a new look one way or another next season.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spo is so clueless he will start Chalmers again and if he does the Heat lose.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notes...Wade saved himself all season for this? Father time waits for no man so I can't come down too hard on him, but it looks like he stayed 1 yr too long.

Bosh...I'm not sure why I heard the Heat was a bad matchup for SA now...Bosh is too small to handle Duncan inside and on OFC he's a perimeter player...he's either on or he's off.

With the exception of game 1, LBJ has done his part...the supporting case has largely failed him.

Not trying to be a dick, but where did you hear Miami was a bad matchup for the Spurs? If anything it's been the exact opposite.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how anyone can blame Lebron for the Heat's showing in the last two games. I'll listen to you the 'heart of a champion' type arguments for a little while, and beyond the fact that the rest of the team is doing nothing offensively, at the end of the day, it's not Lebron's fault the rest of his team can't play an ounce of defense.

No team who has no point guard or center isn't going to be beating this Spurs team, regardless of whether Lebron is on the court.

No LBJ didn't do much in game 3. he had more fouls and turnover in the 2nd half then he had pts in the 2nd half. Yesterday was not his fault even though I think he needs to come out in the 1st a be aggressive. He needs to get himself going first because he is trying to get his teammates going first and they are falling behind.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No LBJ didn't do much in game 3. he had more fouls and turnover in the 2nd half then he had pts in the 2nd half. Yesterday was not his fault even though I think he needs to come out in the 1st a be aggressive. He needs to get himself going first because he is trying to get his teammates going first and they are falling behind.

I agree with what Trojan said

Game 3 LeBron came out and strong and then tried to get his teammates involved
Game 4 LeBron tried to get teammates involved early, then took over himself

He tried both ways.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with what Trojan said

Game 3 LeBron came out and strong and then tried to get his teammates involved
Game 4 LeBron tried to get teammates involved early, then took over himself

He tried both ways.

Yes he came out strong in game 3 then faded.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4Q more specifically...agreed, but could be 2-2?...they still gave up 25 in the qtr and lost by a bunch. LBJ is not why the Heat are down 1-3.
This is true, it is not his fault they are down 1-3.

My post was a reply to the poster I quoted, to point out that James did in fact have a sub par game in Game 3.

My reasoning for the 2-2 comment was due to the fact that the Heat had pulled within 7 points late in the 3rd quarter.

Now if James had a 'best player on the planet' type 2nd half instead the half he had, the Heat could have very well pulled even or even took a lead.

That would have messed with the minds of the Spurs players considering the huge 1st quarter and 1st half they had.

Instead, LBJ has one of his poorer Finals 2nd halfs and Spurs end up eventually pushing the lead back up by games end.

Last edited by a moderator:

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ridiculous stat from the game Manu was 2-4 FG 1-2 3Pt 2-3 FT 1 RB 2 AST and 4 TO, but had the best +/- +27.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question for heat Fans: What about a trade with Boston for Rondo.

Miami Gets a true PG in Rondo
Boston gets Cole, 1st rd Pick, 2nd rd pick, Bosh and maybe Beasley or Hamilton.

Something like that. I think a true PG would really help Miami. Just an Idea

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Heat were billed as the Big 3...4 consecutive finals...back to back wins, etc...the big 3 made the wheel turn...last two games imo has really exposed D Wade as being finished as a big 3 component. No slight to him, the end comes for every player and I think we saw the end of D Wade...as a difference maker.

As a fan you never give up I guess...from the outset, I thought SA was the deeper team, but picked MIA in 7 thinking Wade had another series in him...he didn't. Can he turn it on one more time?...I think he'll give it his best, but if they can't keep SA under 100 it's going to be tough to win down there.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just like when the Pistons beat the Lakers when the Lakers had the "4 Hall of Famers" lineup. The story was about what's wrong with the Lakers instead of what's right about the Pistons.

The LAL were old then though...DET kept banging on BOS and finally broke thru, and Magic was done...they actually had their way with LA...that hurt.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The LAL were old then though...DET kept banging on BOS and finally broke thru, and Magic was done...they actually had their way with LA...that hurt.

I think they are referring to 2004 when the Lakers had Shaq, Kobe, Karl Malone and Gary Payton.