• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals: Los Angeles Lakers vs. Miami Heat

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My suggested starting lineup for Miami if Bam play is the following:

G- Butler
G- Robinson
F- Crowder
F- Bam
C- Leonard
wish they listened to you....another close call in Fanduel. Real close. Less than 5 away from top spot (which paid $48k to those who tied for top).

If they played Leonard and he just gets 5 total points, I might have taken it down with few with me (only used by 2.8%). what did I end up winning instead of potentially 150K? $80

I hate everyone

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is, maybe if they take him the Bears ruin him and we never see how good he is. It's a team game, part of Mahomes' success comes from his coach and weapons on his team.
Hear this a lot about Browns drafted QBs, and not sure I buy this narrative. In Browns case, I think only one they might have ruined was Couch who was just beaten up physically behind an awful line. The rest from among Weeden, Quinn, Manziel just were not very good.

Mahomes? I do think Reid helps him, but he looks like he could at least be a stud in most places. If a guy can actually be ruined just from bad coaching and maybe a little poor play he didn't have it to begin with IMO.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really haven’t had anything negative to say about LeBron in as long as I can remember, but I’m ok losing without him and continuing to build this team vs winning with him.
Completely understand.....Even though so long ago I would much rather the cavs of the late 80s won a title than the one that did.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, no.

Part of his success comes from coaching. Sure.

He is too good to “ruin“ unless he just gets beat to hell.

Chicago has never had the weapons KC has for sure. But they aren’t talent starved. Mahomes would be a top 5 QB playing there too. Just maybe not the universal #1
Always thought any guy who could be ruined by poor coaching or poor play never would have made it anyway.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not know about everyone else here, I watch sports to have fun and too kind of forget about the rest of the world and root for my team for a couple hours.

I dont care if the league is propagandizing a point of view i agree with, dont agree with, care about, dont care about - whatever.....the place for that is not on the court . Not on the field. Not on the diamond.

I am certainly not saying that Colin Kaepernick or LeBron or whoever else should "shut up and dribble"- What i am saying is that do it on your own time. Can you imagine how ridiculous it would be to walk into your office and take a knee? lol. Sports is entertainment. The last thing anyone wants is to be preached to.

2nd- i dont even know why they play the national anthem at sporting events. Rather pointless if y ou ask me.

but if you want to preach and jam your opinions down my throat--- please do it on your own time so i can avoid it--- or a lot of people are just going to avoid watching the game at all- i dont care if its right or left or i agree or disagreee--- just do it on your own time. No one likes being preached to- especially by individuals who have very questionable resumes to be doing the preaching. Its certainly one of the reasons why ratings are in the toilet and its the worst rated NBA finals in NBA history TV wise.
Cannot say any of it would get me to stop watching a sport I would have watched otherwise.....but agree given the choice I'd prefer they stick to the sport itself.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely understand.....Even though so long ago I would much rather the cavs of the late 80s won a title than the one that did.

Those Cavs teams of the late 80's/early 90's were exciting to watch. Don't think many realize that. Price, Ehlo, Nance, Williams and Daugherty were a damn good starting five. Ron Harper pre-injury. He was a high flyer. And Price was the second NBAer (after Bird) to go 50/40/90 for a season.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always thought any guy who could be ruined by poor coaching or poor play never would have made it anyway.

You know what poor coaching lead to? A 3-36-1 record. Thanks Hue!

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A typical NBA Finals game has only competition from NHL playoffs potentially in a standard year. Baseball playoffs are a bigger draw as competition (NHL is usually on some random cable channel that nobody can find). Plus, too many racists don't feel equal treatment from the police is a worthy cause and can't wrap their heads around the protests.
Don't recall the schedule, but imagine they are also going against some NFL night games which always draw a ton of viewers.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I don't know"

Many have figured that out a while ago.

You said an awful lotta blah-blah-blah just to say you have an issue with sports right now. There's an easy solution. Don't watch. Then your problems would be solved. But knowing you you'd just find something else to bitch about.

You have an issue with things involving sports. Fuck you. I have an issue with innocent black people getting murdered. It's called bringing awareness to a problem in the country that's been going on for far too long. And over the past four years everything has gotten worse.

If you'd take a moment. Step back. And look at everything that's happening right now instead of focusing on how things only make you feel maybe you'd have a clue as to what's really going on. Things needs to change. And I applaud all sports leagues that have taken the steps to show it matters to them as well.
There's also a middle ground. will continue to watch the sports I've always watched, but would prefer politics be kept out of them. But agree, not so intrusive to get to upset over it.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those Cavs teams of the late 80's/early 90's were exciting to watch. Don't think many realize that. Price, Ehlo, Nance, Williams and Daugherty were a damn good starting five. Ron Harper pre-injury. He was a high flyer. And Price was the second NBAer (after Bird) to go 50/40/90 for a season.
Loved watching that team. So unselfish, all willing passers. guy like Nance (my all time favorite cav) expands his game and becomes a solid shooter, which all of them were (even Hot Rod could hit the 15 foot baseline jumper with regularity.

also likable guys.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what poor coaching lead to? A 3-36-1 record. Thanks Hue!
well, yeah, but think year 2 was more on his OC sabotaging the season. Not a Hue fan, but I don't see Belichick winning many with Kizer as his starter for nearly every game (but, no, he wouldn't go 0-16).

If our kicker does his job and we beat steelers and NO do they fire Hue? I don't think they do. and if Dorsey doesn't shit the bed and hire Freddie he probably keeps his job.

all that said I'm glad it played out exactly as it did and led us to Stefanski as coach and Berry as GM.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loved watching that team. So unselfish, all willing passers. guy like Nance (my all time favorite cav) expands his game and becomes a solid shooter, which all of them were (even Hot Rod could hit the 15 foot baseline jumper with regularity.

also likable guys.

My favorite player from that team was Daugherty. Saw him play live at N. Carolina when he was a junior. The Tar Heels were still playing in old Carmichael Arena at the time. DeanDome didn't open until '86.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, yeah, but think year 2 was more on his OC sabotaging the season. Not a Hue fan, but I don't see Belichick winning many with Kizer as his starter for nearly every game (but, no, he wouldn't go 0-16).

If our kicker does his job and we beat steelers and NO do they fire Hue? I don't think they do. and if Dorsey doesn't shit the bed and hire Freddie he probably keeps his job.

all that said I'm glad it played out exactly as it did and led us to Stefanski as coach and Berry as GM.

All we can do is hope that Stefanski and Berry are the right combo to turn things around. And while it's nice they have gotten off to a 3-1 start it means nothing because the W's were against bad teams. We'll see over the next two weeks when they play the Colts & Steelers where this team really is.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. However, game 1 was more about the Heat having to learn to adjust to the Lakers size. Dragic and Bam would have been part of those adjustments. So you can't just assume that the Lakers would continue to blow them out every game because they did it with Dragic and Bam.

Sure, you don't get the 40 point triple double from Butler in game 3, but that would be because they likely wouldn't need it with Dragic and Bam playing.

eh.

I think game 1 was more about the Lakers being torrid from 3 and the Heat playing poorly.

Games 2-4 would have all played out much differently had Dragic and Bam been active.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost like one of those situations everyone does it so they do so as not to be second guessed.

Reminds me of where baseball is now with closers. For the most part a team only pitches their best reliever in the 9th with a 0-3 run lead. Occasionally, he might go a little longer.

Totally agree.

Like when Belicek was mocked for failing on 4th and 2 on his own 28 or whatever it was against the Colts at the end of the game.

Well guess what? If he makes 2 yards, his team wins. If he fails to make 2 yards, his team loses. If he punts to Peyton Manning with a 2 point lead and 2 minutes on the clock, his team most likely loses.

Much more likely to gain 2 yards than it is to stop Peyton Manning.

That is how all coaches should think. What provides the best odds of winning instead of just breaking with tradition.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All we can do is hope that Stefanski and Berry are the right combo to turn things around. And while it's nice they have gotten off to a 3-1 start it means nothing because the W's were against bad teams. We'll see over the next two weeks when they play the Colts & Steelers where this team really is.
It's funny because many of our own fans (not saying you as I cannot recall you saying this) said before last game let's see what they can do against a good team on the road. Now we win and all of a sudden Dallas not a good team (which their D certainly is not). I have a feeling same will happen if they beat Indy.

I am extremely confident Stefanski is the right guy (confident but a little less sure about Berry). He plays to the strengths of the team. dumb penalties greatly reduced. Far more organized and get to the line quicker. Also great having a guy with a brain in charge of clock management.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, agree. The "super teams" that were materialized were losing steam and that's when MJ and Bulls went on their historic title run. Magic retired and the Lakers were all but done. The Celtics were getting older and Bird retired a year later. The Pistons dominated MJ in their prime but they ultimately couldn't keep up the same core and MJ + Pippen were just too much. The Knicks with Ewing didn't have enough but they gave a hell of an effort. The Bulls were a vastly superior team.

It is funny...

Been thinking all playoffs that the Heat remind me of a random West team that Jordan faced in the Finals.

2 second tier stars with nice complimentary pieces. No superstars. Very tough and play well together so the sum of the parts is greater than the whole.

But there was never a moment were most people believed they were going to win this series.