• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals: Los Angeles Lakers vs. Miami Heat

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not convinced of that.. Butler may have been taking a back seat in some ways for Drogic and Bam.. Once given the green light, I. Think the Heat was more effective led by Butler.. The Lakers destroyed the Heat with Bam and Drogic in the first game....The problem for the Heat is they dropped that first game before they tightened up their defense and that put them in a hole

Sample sizes, my friend. Series, especially the Finals are all about adjustments from game to game. Bam was injured about midway through the game. You can't honestly tell me that the Heat were better served with just Butler and no Dragic and Bam (who's an all star level player). That's about the same as the Lakers being down AD and saying now Lebron's going to get more touches which is a win. It certainly wouldn't.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really can't say definitively that Dragic and Bam wouldn't have made a difference simply because the Lakers blew the Heat out in the 2nd half of game 1 of this series. Now, if this had happened 3 games straight and in game 4 both got injured (similar to what the Heat experienced with the Bucks in regards to Giannis), then we can have a conversation.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not convinced of that.. Butler may have been taking a back seat in some ways for Drogic and Bam.. Once given the green light, I. Think the Heat was more effective led by Butler.. The Lakers destroyed the Heat with Bam and Drogic in the first game....The problem for the Heat is they dropped that first game before they tightened up their defense and that put them in a hole

True. However, game 1 was more about the Heat having to learn to adjust to the Lakers size. Dragic and Bam would have been part of those adjustments. So you can't just assume that the Lakers would continue to blow them out every game because they did it with Dragic and Bam.

Sure, you don't get the 40 point triple double from Butler in game 3, but that would be because they likely wouldn't need it with Dragic and Bam playing.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sample sizes, my friend. Series, especially the Finals are all about adjustments from game to game. Bam was injured about midway through the game. You can't honestly tell me that the Heat were better served with just Butler and no Dragic and Bam (who's an all star level player). That's about the same as the Lakers being down AD and saying now Lebron's going to get more touches which is a win. It certainly wouldn't.
In probabilities and statistics, the factors that affect the outcome will change everything. It would have been a completely different scenario.. Thats a scientific fact Jack... You dont know what those two would have done . Its possible that the Lakers matched up better with those two then without and what adjustments the Lakers would have made

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. However, game 1 was more about the Heat having to learn to adjust to the Lakers size. Dragic and Bam would have been part of those adjustments. So you can't just assume that the Lakers would continue to blow them out every game because they did it with Dragic and Bam.

Sure, you don't get the 40 point triple double from Butler in game 3, but that would be because they likely wouldn't need it with Dragic and Bam playing.
I will take it further and guarantee, every game would not be a blow out.... The Lakers, however did blow them out the first time and that was 25 percent needed and first blood needed.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lol 1 game isnt a series. The last 3 games been very competitive. Stop acting like if goran and bam were here for every game that all the games would play out as game 1 did

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In probabilities and statistics, the factors that affect the outcome will change everything. It would have been a completely different scenario.. Thats a scientific fact Jack... You dont know what those two would have done . Its possible that the Lakers matched up better with those two then without and what adjustments the Lakers would have made
I know that we wouldn't be anywhere close to the Finals if we didn't have Dragic and Bam. And you just mentioned probabilities and statistics - those are only accurate barometers when you have a good enough sample size and data points to derive from. Having a half of basketball doesn't account for that. You're really going to tell me that missing an all-star center and our starting PG makes the Heat better.

Someone brought it up earlier - Golden State blew out Cleveland in the 2016 Finals in game 2. I guess that's enough stats right there to show that Cleveland wasn't the better team that year and should've just packed it up.

Heat fans aren't saying we would've won this series if Bam and Dragic were healthy. We're just saying it would've been more interesting.

Not sure how these facts are hard to comprehend.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol 1 game isnt a series. The last 3 games been very competitive. Stop acting like if goran and bam were here for every game that all the games would play out as game 1 did

It's crazy that people can't grasp this concept.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying the heat win the series but based on the last 3 games, i think it would have been a lock for a 6 or 7 game series if bam and Dragic didn't miss any time

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will take it further and guarantee, every game would not be a blow out.... The Lakers, however did blow them out the first time and that was 25 percent needed and first blood needed.

This makes absolutely no sense in terms of an argument.

Guess what, there are teams that won the title where in certain games they got smashed in certain games of the series. The playoffs are about adjustments.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying the heat win the series but based on the last 3 games, i think it would have been a lock for a 6 or 7 game series if bam and Dragic didn't miss any time

And there still could be a game 6.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This makes absolutely no sense in terms of an argument.

Guess what, there are teams that won the title where in certain games they got smashed in certain games of the series. The playoffs are about adjustments.
That was not an argument - that was an acknowledgement that no team is going to blow out their opponent four straight games. I was in agreement with Trojanfan
on that the Lakers would not have blown out the Heat again.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was not an argument - that was an acknowledgement that no team is going to blow out their opponent four straight games. I was in agreement with Trojanfan
on that the Lakers would not have blown out the Heat again.

TLF you strike me as someone of low inteligencia....Am i right?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that we wouldn't be anywhere close to the Finals if we didn't have Dragic and Bam. And you just mentioned probabilities and statistics - those are only accurate barometers when you have a good enough sample size and data points to derive from. Having a half of basketball doesn't account for that. You're really going to tell me that missing an all-star center and our starting PG makes the Heat better.

Someone brought it up earlier - Golden State blew out Cleveland in the 2016 Finals in game 2. I guess that's enough stats right there to show that Cleveland wasn't the better team that year and should've just packed it up.

Heat fans aren't saying we would've won this series if Bam and Dragic were healthy. We're just saying it would've been more interesting.

Not sure how these facts are hard to comprehend.
I think it's fairly safe to say that the Heat wanted all of their players - It seems like to me that they Need or need Butler - Bam and Drogic to be together in how they played in the different games - The Heat has a great team - I think they lack only more experience - I guarantee you that next year, they will be better prepared for the first game if they make it that far - but In my opinion - I am hoping that the Laker don't pull a Clippers act and while I will be a little nervous until that last win is a done deal - I am also mindful - that the Lakers will not pull a Clippers Act

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gentleman sweep
That was no gentleman sweep - And it's not over yet. Up to this point, Both teams fought hard to win every game and both teams played like champions. The Lakers 3-1 record in this series is slightly misleading of just how close two of those games are. A gentleman sweep to me, means the Lakers were in complete control - They were not in complete control and in some cases - I think they made some lucky shots, but they all do that -

Last edited: