• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals: Los Angeles Lakers vs. Miami Heat

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Heat just don't have enough offense. Herro can't get it going like he did in the earlier rounds. Credit the Lakers defense.

I felt that Crowder cost the Heat some points by taking a couple fouls in the 4th he didn't need to take. Adebayo had some silly mistakes, too, but overall, those guys did a good job.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know anything. I don't quit on my team

Yeah, definitely. It feels like 3-1 comebacks have happened a lot more in recent years than earlier in NBA history. The Heat do need to figure out how to get more offense.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Came across this on Twitter because Perkins replies to this tweet and i think it is hilarious. The disrespect for Giannis is wild.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No disprespect to the Heat. But LeBron & AD ain't losing three in a row. They aren't the Warriors. :heh:

You are right.

They aren’t as good.

Given that games 2 and 3 were played without Bam and Dragic, I think it is a mistake to rule out the Heat.

If both teams were fully healthy, this series could have gone either way.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are right.

They aren’t as good.

Given that games 2 and 3 were played without Bam and Dragic, I think it is a mistake to rule out the Heat.

If both teams were fully healthy, this series could have gone either way.

In game 2 and 4 where the offense couldn't get anything going in the 4th, they really missed the dragon

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's thinking up excuses right now.

excuse # 1- this won't be a real title because of the bubble
excuse # 2- the Heat were injured
excuse # 3- the league deosn't want Miami to win
I think watching Wiggy make his pointless ramblings and excuses for why the Heat lost the Finals would be more painful than actually see my team lose in the Finals.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most likely the GOAT when all is said and done.

Nope. People place longevity and stats as a reason for saying someone's the GOAT. I look at dominance. Lebron will always come in 2nd, at least in my opinion.

The best analogy I can come up with in terms of this debate is when people talk about best RB - Emmitt Smith or Barry Sanders. People always talk about Smith being the rushing yards leader. Anyone with any knowledge would tell you that Barry Sanders was better. He didn't have the rushing yards because he left in his prime and didn't play as long as Smith did.

Jordan retired from basketball for nearly 2 years. And left when he was still without a doubt the best player in the league. Imagine if he had 3 more years under his belt of basketball what his stats may look like.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 28,955.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. People place longevity and stats as a reason for saying someone's the GOAT. I look at dominance. Lebron will always come in 2nd, at least in my opinion.

The best analogy I can come up with in terms of this debate is when people talk about best RB - Emmitt Smith or Barry Sanders. People always talk about Smith being the rushing yards leader. Anyone with any knowledge would tell you that Barry Sanders was better. He didn't have the rushing yards because he left in his prime and didn't play as long as Smith did.

Jordan retired from basketball for nearly 2 years. And left when he was still without a doubt the best player in the league. Imagine if he had 3 more years under his belt of basketball what his stats may look like.
You bring up some good points.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You cant compare the 2. They are different players...if LBJ plays for another 4 years I think 1a 1b is legit and most will agree but there will always be those people that loved 90’s bball and will never back down...MJ was declared GOAT after 3 titles for some and they cant appreciate how the game has changed. MJ had the best prime but there is a reason we have never witnessed a player dominate for this long.

MJ couldnt last 3 more years, why do you think he retired for a year. Kareem is the only player could have the same dominant, long prime like Lebron and he was a big man.

Neither Smith or Sanders are the GOAT RB so lol