• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals: Los Angeles Lakers vs. Miami Heat

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cousins was hurt.

They actually took off after he went down.

The difference was having Rondo there, IMO.

Healthy or not, Cousins has rarely been the type of player to impact a teams' win/loss record, despite his talent. Was hoping to see something different with him playing a lesser role in LA, but that chance faded with his most recent injury.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then why wasn’t AD asked to facilitate more in NO?

He only played with Rondo for 1 year. Jrue Holliday has publicly stated he is not a point guard.

Who on that roster was stopping AD from taking that role if he is so capable of being that guy?

Why are you so sure that having Giannis facilitate for the Bucks is a good thing?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, i heard he was gonna go with the Bills, Chiefs, or Dolphins. now hopefully he won't turn into a headache in the locker room...

Don't know why he was considering the Bills or Chiefs if he wants a big role. They have their starting guys locked in already. He should've stayed in Jersey and switched uniforms.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ranking doesn't have a lot of value when the players involved play in different eras. Athleticism and rules have continuously changed the NBA.

Agree. No issue with ranking best players of an era. But the game, training techniques, medicine, etc. have changed too much over time.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know why he was considering the Bills or Chiefs if he wants a big role. They have their starting guys locked in already. He should've stayed in Jersey and switched uniforms.
If he believes in himself and figures he struggled because it was the Jets I can certainly see why he might want to be a RB for Andy Reid.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are you so sure that having Giannis facilitate for the Bucks is a good thing?

Not sure what you are trying to do here.

I never said that it was. I never said Cousins impacted winning.

All I said was that if Davis was such a good facilitator (he has gotten better the last 2 years) he would be used that way.

Giannis is.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Because he wants to play on a good team.

Leaving 1 dumpster fire for another isn’t going to help his career.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he believes in himself and figures he struggled because it was the Jets I can certainly see why he might want to be a RB for Andy Reid.

Considering the rookie in place that's excelling, that's fooling yourself more than believing yourself IMO. At best, he's this year's McCoy for Reid, a part time role.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what you are trying to do here.

I never said that it was. I never said Cousins impacted winning.

All I said was that if Davis was such a good facilitator (he has gotten better the last 2 years) he would be used that way.

Giannis is.

That's a falsehood though, as Lebron is the facilitator for the Lakers. You don't lean heavy on your other positions to distribute if you already have players in that role.

Using Giannis in that role has resulted in early playoff exits two years in a row after being the regular season favorite. Maybe a change in concept is needed.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because he wants to play on a good team.

Leaving 1 dumpster fire for another isn’t going to help his career.

CEH is not going to lose touches. Bell is going to get maybe 2 series per game just to give CEH a break, or maybe garbage time.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not sure how their play time is gonna be divied quite honestly. Maybe Bell'll be in a "3rd down back" role...

Pretty sure Andy Reid will figure something out. Bell has been in the NFL for 7 years, that's starting to get up there in age for a running back. So he may no longer be looking to be an "every down" type of back.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a falsehood though, as Lebron is the facilitator for the Lakers. You don't lean heavy on your other positions to distribute if you already have players in that role.

Using Giannis in that role has resulted in early playoff exits two years in a row after being the regular season favorite. Maybe a change in concept is needed.

Literally none of that is relevant to the conversation we were having.

It was pretty simple. 2 Laker fans thought AD was a better passer and ball handler than Giannis.

Unless you are making that claim too, there is nothing gained by dredging up semantics of that argument. Which is what you are doing.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CEH is not going to lose touches. Bell is going to get maybe 2 series per game just to give CEH a break, or maybe garbage time.

I think the concern is more from a fantasy football standpoint.

If Bell gets goal line and 3rd downs, which is a role that makes sense for him, CEH loses a lot of value.

Real life though?

I agree that CEH gets most of the carries between the 20s and Bell probably makes the Chiefs offense that much better.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure Andy Reid will figure something out. Bell has been in the NFL for 7 years, that's starting to get up there in age for a running back. So he may no longer be looking to be an "every down" type of back.
Reid's gotta be like a kid at Christmas right now. Whole lotta offensive toys to play with...

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering the rookie in place that's excelling, that's fooling yourself more than believing yourself IMO. At best, he's this year's McCoy for Reid, a part time role.
the rookie has had, what, a couple good games out of 6? Not hard to imagine Bell might think he can do better?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he's the Bell we saw last 2 seasons I'm sure you are right...but if being on the Jets is why we saw that Bell and he can be the guy in Pittsburgh I would expect he'd earn more touches.

Q I answered was why he'd go to KC...my answer is he believes he's still that guy. Guess we'll find out and nothing to lose for KC.