• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals: Los Angeles Lakers vs. Miami Heat

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,756.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I'll be back there when they finally have it.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is fine DJ, and this is the last I will say.

literally all you have to back your theory is:

1) AD played point in high school
2) coaches chose to use other options as facilitators over Davis and that wasn’t his fault

Ok, but plenty of NBA point guards who aren’t great facilitators, let alone guys who used to play point in high school. And if AD were on Giannis’ level as a facilitator, he wouldn’t be taking a back seat to guys like Elfrid Peyton and Tim Frazier.

Because even bad coaches like winning and they tend to run the offense through their best playmakers.

AD is at his best as a score first option. Giannis is both a primary scorer and creator.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,756.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is fine DJ, and this is the last I will say.

literally all you have to back your theory is:

1) AD played point in high school
2) coaches chose to use other options as facilitators over Davis and that wasn’t his fault

Ok, but plenty of NBA point guards who aren’t great facilitators, let alone guys who used to play point in high school. And if AD were on Giannis’ level as a facilitator, he wouldn’t be taking a back seat to guys like Elfrid Peyton and Tim Frazier.

Because even bad coaches like winning and they tend to run the offense through their best playmakers.

AD is at his best as a score first option. Giannis is both a primary scorer and creator.
Rondo was and is a better PG than AD.....

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably need to ask or blame the coach since they weren't running the offense through AD?

Probably bc he wasn't a distributor, they didn't have another good one and they realized that after 6 years...they got Rondo

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still have yet to hear any legit reasons why y'all think he is a very good distributor and a better one than Giannis...probably bc it is clear as day, he isn't. That is just a fact, we have seen it firsthand. Lakers fans taking offense to it is even more mind-boggling...it doesn't take away anything from AD as a player

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still have yet to hear any legit reasons why y'all think he is a very good distributor and a better one than Giannis...probably bc it is clear as day, he isn't. That is just a fact, we have seen it firsthand. Lakers fans taking offense to it is even more mind-boggling...it doesn't take away anything from AD as a player

I mean he's a good passer and all. But that aspect I never actually looked to compare AD to Giannis with.

Points, rebounds, blocks, defensive and offensive prowess. But not passing really. 3.2 assists vs 5.6 assists per game in Giannis' favor.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Right.

Not his game.

And part of why he fits so perfectly with LeBron. Because he isn’t a facilitator and doesn’t need the ball in his hands all the time to make plays.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really think AD can handle point...cmon man. You are playing with pennies at this point.

Why are you trying to move the goalposts? I never said he could play point. I said he handles the ball better and facilitates better than Giannis. I even said that it's because AD has ben playing longer and that Giannis will eventually catch and pass him, but right now, AD is better.

I also said that he likely wasn't asked to facilitate much in NO because it wasn't what the coach wanted.

I think I've shown on here that I'm one of the more objective posters with my team and player analysis. But apparently, disagreeing with tlance some how means I'm not. lol

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's all been posted. And you can stop with the Lakers fans taking offense bullshit. The only one taking offense is @tlance because he can't handle someone disagreeing with him.