• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals: Los Angeles Lakers vs. Miami Heat

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference is that with the numbers AD put up, you can make a case for co-MVP's. You can't with anyone else's numbers.

But we all watched the games.

It was pretty obvious that LeBron stood alone on an even higher level.

AD was spectacular defensively and had a few good offensive games too. LeBron was steering the ship though.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 28,766.11
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can he be wrong? We haven't seen it. Stop making yourself look stupid, DJ. AD can't handle the ball like Giannis...we haven't seen him lead a team past the 1st round
He used to be a guard before he had a growth spurt.....

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But we all watched the games.

It was pretty obvious that LeBron stood alone on an even higher level.

AD was spectacular defensively and had a few good offensive games too. LeBron was steering the ship though.

I agree. That's what I've ben saying all along. Lebron was definitely the driving force, but if you look at just pure numbers, you can make a case for co-MVP's.

Not saying that there should have been co-MVP's, that's certainly not how I would have voted if I had one. Just semi-agreeing with @DJ that a case can be made for it that isn't crazy.

Like you said, they probably don't win without Rondo and/or KCP (heck, Caruso and Kuzma for that matter). But you can't make a case for any of those guys for co-MVP's.

Last edited:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can he be wrong? We haven't seen it. Stop making yourself look stupid, DJ. AD can't handle the ball like Giannis...we haven't seen him lead a team past the 1st round

lol;

First off, not seeing it done, doesn't mean it can't be. It may simply mean, he hasn't had to.

AD has gotten out of the first round. In '17-'18 his team swept the Blazers in the 1st round. Then got gentlemen's swept by the Warriors (who I hear were decent) in the 2nd round.

You say AD can't handle the ball like Giannis and use him getting past the 1st round as your proof like one has something to do with the other.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw an article on cbs that I'm going to read when I get a chance later today. It's a Lebron vs. MJ article, but looks like one with a little different approach.

The tagline says: "Michael Jordan is defined by his vanquished foes, Lebron by teammates he has lifted to new heights.
".

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 28,766.11
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. That's what I've ben saying all along. Lebron was definitely the driving force, but if you look at just pure numbers, you can make a case for co-MVP's.

Not saying that there should have been co-MVP's, that's certainly not how I would have voted if I had one. Just semi-agreeing with @DJ that a case can be made for it that isn't crazy.

Like you said, they probably don't win without Rondo and/or KCP (heck, Caruso and Kuzma for that matter). But you can't make a case for any of those guys for co-MVP's.
Yep.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defending him without context again.

Just as a random example, because I’m not going to get into it with you again, point e where he said $19m for Tyler a Johnson is atrocious is correct. However he meant it if the Heat gave him that kind of money, which they didn’t. That was a dig at Miami
last comment....He was correct on all 4.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta watch the desserts and sugary drinks......fuck this getting older shit.
Have been limiting - but not cutting out - sweets for a long time..at least a decade. "Dessert nights" for me are Wed., Fri., Sun. No desserts other nights and very regimented. And do not cheat myself even a little on nights I have them. Been working. But no sugary drinks so would be rough if I was hooked on them.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 28,766.11
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have been limiting - but not cutting out - sweets for a long time..at least a decade. "Dessert nights" for me are Wed., Fri., Sun. No desserts other nights and very regimented. And do not cheat myself even a little on nights I have them. Been working. But no sugary drinks so would be rough if I was hooked on them.
I don't drink a lot of sugary drinks.....but I like lemonade and sugar in my coffee.....mainly the desserts for me. Fuck.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't drink a lot of sugary drinks.....but I like lemonade and sugar in my coffee.....mainly the desserts for me. Fuck.
I do have sugar in coffee every day. at my heaviest I did have dessert every night. Just cutting this down to 3 nights made a huge difference with no other changes to diet/exercise. I usually have an early dinner (5-5:30pm with dessert around 8) on the dessert nights and later when no dessert (around 8pm.....so I do not get hungry later).

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 28,766.11
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do have sugar in coffee every day. at my heaviest I did have dessert every night. Just cutting this down to 3 nights made a huge difference with no other changes to diet/exercise. I usually have an early dinner (5-5:30pm with dessert around 8) on the dessert nights and later when no dessert (around 8pm.....so I do not get hungry later).
I have been eating dessert 5-6 times a week since I moved here.....gonna start out cutting it down to 3 days a week and go from there.....

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw an article on cbs that I'm going to read when I get a chance later today. It's a Lebron vs. MJ article, but looks like one with a little different approach.

The tagline says: "Michael Jordan is defined by his vanquished foes, Lebron by teammates he has lifted to new heights.
".

I just read it.

Interesting read.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's like some folks think he forgot how to handle the ball or stopped working on it. lol

Literally nobody thinks that.

It is obvious that AD is a good ball handler.

I just take issue with a Laker fan claiming he is better at pretty much every basketball skill than Giannis when there is almost zero evidence of that.

It is definitively clear that AD is a better shooter. Defense is a toss up. They are probably the 2 best defenders in the NBA.

The rest though?

Nah.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read it.

Interesting read.

Haven't read it yet, but I thought it looked interesting. From the tagline, it seems like the approach is along the lines of what we've always said on here...Lebron's game favors Magic more than Michael.