• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals: Los Angeles Lakers vs. Miami Heat

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Giannis got a hell of a lot closer and was able to lead a legit title contender 2 straight years. They just fell short.

He got 1 round closer and it was in the East. If they were legit, they'd have gotten out of the East.

AD had to try to get through the Warriors.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This shirt. A masterpiece

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He got 1 round closer and it was in the East. If they were legit, they'd have gotten out of the East.

Not trying to knock AD. He's a great player. But you can't put his playoff failures on the Warriors like that. He was in N.O. for 7 years. Only went to the playoffs twice. Had one playoff series win. And only 2 winning seasons.

What's happened to AD in N.O. is a perfect example of why in todays NBA a lone superstar isn't achieving that ultimate goal by himself. And of course the Pels should have gotten him some better help.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not trying to knock AD. He's a great player. But you can't put his playoff failures on the Warriors like that. He was in N.O. for 7 years. Only went to the playoffs twice. Had one playoff series win. And only 2 winning seasons.

Much of the time, he didn't have a playoff caliber team with him. And sure I can, we don't know how far he could have gone if the Warriors weren't in their dynasty.

What's happened to AD in N.O. is a perfect example of why in todays NBA a lone superstar isn't achieving that ultimate goal by himself. And of course the Pels should have gotten him some better help.

Exactly. Even with the same rosters, I'd bet that in the East, he'd have been to the playoffs more and had more success. He wasn't getting past Lebron and the Cavs, but he likely has more series wins and more trips.

Last edited:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Giannis got a hell of a lot closer and was able to lead a legit title contender 2 straight years. They just fell short.

I also think Jrue and Cousins (before his injuries) are better than anyone Giannis played with. What did AD lead those pelicans to? A 6th seed i think

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So you only legit if you make the finals? That's ridiculous.

You dont win 60+ games and not be legit. They would have done it this year as well had it not been for covid

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bucks are basically Giannis who is a superstar followed by a top 30 player in Middleton then a bunch of role players

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bucks are basically Giannis who is a superstar followed by a top 30 player in Middleton then a bunch of role players

This is why I think he'll leave. Middleton is a fringe all-star player. And you haven't really seen Milwaukee bring in anyone else legitimate, maybe Bledsoe.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some are acting like AD and Lebron are close to having the same impact on the floor. While AD puts up big numbers...Lebron elevates players and can win with anyone. Lets put it this way...

You take Lebron off this roster. And we have the Pelicans 2.0 without COUSINS and HOLIDAY and you replace a younger Rondo with an older Rondo. Would be surprised if they sniffed the playoffs.

You take AD off this roster and we know Lebron can lead this team to the playoffs even at 35 years old.

Giannis and AD are both great players but AD is not the distributor that Giannis is and that makes all the difference in the world.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you only legit if you make the finals? That's ridiculous.

You dont win 60+ games and not be legit. They would have done it this year as well had it not been for covid

lol

They didn't even make it out of the 2nd round. Not legit.

Proof is in the results.

Everyone thought the Bucks were legit and the Heat weren't.

Turned out, it was the other way around.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We saw Butler play at such a high level bc he became an elite distributor for Miami, in the Finals

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

They didn't even make it out of the 2nd round. Not legit.

Yea i have to agree

I am starting to think Giannis is overrated. It wasn't like his team was that bad either and it was in the East.

He is like a taller stat padder version of Harden. His style doesn't work well in this NBA because he can't shoot from the outside

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some are acting like AD and Lebron are close to having the same impact on the floor. While AD puts up big numbers...Lebron elevates players and can win with anyone. Lets put it this way...

You take Lebron off this roster. And we have the Pelicans 2.0 without COUSINS and HOLIDAY and you replace a younger Rondo with an older Rondo. Would be surprised if they sniffed the playoffs.

You take AD off this roster and we know Lebron can lead this team to the playoffs even at 35 years old.

Giannis and AD are both great players but AD is not the distributor that Giannis is and that makes all the difference in the world.
I was with you until this. Different roster last year, but Lebron missed the playoffs.

Lebron's a great player, but let's not act like you give him any roster and he'll go to the Finals.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was with you until this. Different roster last year, but Lebron missed the playoffs.

Lebron's a great player, but let's not act like you give him any roster and he'll go to the Finals.

Lebron was hurt. They were a top 4 seed when he wasn't injured. He wouldn't have missed the playoffs.

Wait, what? Yes you can give him a decent roster and he will still win. LOL Did you see some of the rosters he took to the playoffs, got #1 seed, carried to the Finals...yes he is older now but could make the playoffs with this roster without a doubt.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much of the time, he didn't have a playoff caliber team with him. And sure I can, we don't know how far he could have gone if the Warriors weren't in their dynasty.

Exactly. Even with the same rosters, I'd bet that in the East, he'd have been to the playoffs more and had more success. He wasn't getting past Lebron and the Cavs, but he likely has more series wins and more trips.

Trying to put him the east changes little for me. I realize the west is tougher. But only two winning seasons in seven? And that's why it comes down to the help he had, it wasn't enough. That's not a knock on him. He couldn't control something like that. His upcoming contract. What kind of offer do you expect from the Lakers? And do the Lakers keep the leagues most expensive cheerleader, I mean JR Smith?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So you're just going to pretend that AD is needed to distribute with Lebron on the team.

I'd be willing to bet that if Giannis was on the floor with Lebron or Rondo (and often times both). he wouldn't be distributing nearly as much.

Your teammates make all the difference in the world.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not getting that injured Lakers squad to the playoffs last year was the defining moment of his career.