• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals: Los Angeles Lakers vs. Miami Heat

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what was he right about then? Amuse me.
In the list you gave with a, b, c, d, e when you pointed out his comments he was right about the following....

b. its not like anyone is signed to a "steal" contract like a Jae Crowder that another team would actually covet

c. most of the cap room in the NBA is drying up with the cap flattening out. Its going to be hard to find teams to take on substantial money

d. the Heat would have to move multiple guys to open up serious cap room unless it was a whiteside or dragic

e. tyler johnson is going to jump to 19M a year - thats atrocious

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you trying to compare what Lebron did with AD? None of it is possible with Lebron, plain and simple.

Co-MVP's??....you're a joke

I partially disagree.

It's like Shaq and Kobe.

At that time, Shaq was the better player and deserved MVP in all 3 title runs, but the Lakers don't win any of those titles without Kobe.

So based on numbers, there's a case to be made. But in both cases the right choice was made, imo.

Lebron was the best player and deserved the MVP, but the Lakers aren't champs without AD.

The question for AD, like it was with Kobe is, can he lead the team to titles once Lebron retires or finally can't be the lead dog anymore.

For Kobe after Shaq, the answer was yes. We'll see with AD.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're talking about his entire body of work, not just these playoffs. His biases and troll instincts compel him to make stupid takes.
No doubt...why I specifically pointed out the RECENT comments some rip him for not really fair as they were shared by money. Many of the others? rip away.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The criticism of Wiggy has absolutely nothing to do with his playoff predictions.

It is about the anti-Laker and Heat BS he spewed for YEARS.

And it is very well deserved.

He actually said LeBron leaving Cleveland was an indication that he was finished trying to compete for titles.

LOL.
no disagreement...but many are ripping on him for recent comments they might even have shared...never mind one poster ripped him for a number of comments he was actually right about.

b. its not like anyone is signed to a "steal" contract like a Jae Crowder that another team would actually covet

c. most of the cap room in the NBA is drying up with the cap flattening out. Its going to be hard to find teams to take on substantial money

d. the Heat would have to move multiple guys to open up serious cap room unless it was a whiteside or dragic

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL.

AD is an excellent ball handler for a 7 footer.

So is Giannis.

Giannis actually plays point for his team. AD does not.

AD is a great player and extremely talented. But that is homerific as hell to say he is a better ball handler and passer.

Giannis has been the primary ball handler for his team for years. AD will push on the break, but he isn’t a point forward like Giannis.
"LOL" does not enhance your point FYI.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the list you gave with a, b, c, d, e when you pointed out his comments he was right about the following....

Wiggy said that 3 years ago. Look at the date it was originally posted...

Nothing about that was right at the time. Wiggy was riding off the Cavs championship high and trash talking the Heat.

You need to stop defending his actions without knowing the full context.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggy said that 3 years ago. Look at the date it was originally posted...

Nothing about that was right at the time. Wiggy was riding off the Cavs championship high and trash talking the Heat.

You need to stop defending his actions without knowing the full context.
That's the card you are playing? Not right "at the time"? Gotta hand it to you...you will go to great lengths to not admit you were off base even if it means making an even dumber comment.

b- was true at time. Heat did not have any Crowder type contracts for little money and not many years left
c - the cap was and did flatten out
d- In fact, they did need to depart with Whiteside to make a deal work
e - T. Johnson at $19 mil/year is atrocious

was he wrong Miami would never compete again? Yep. That Butler an awful signing? sure was. No need to call him out for things he was right about.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Name a RECENT example then
title for your team I'm just going to assume has your irrational on high.

That's the point....his more recent comments were the same as most others. Lakers wont win a title (LAC will) and Heat wont get past Bucks. You actually called him out on comments he was right about. Think you might have an agenda as well.

Is he way off base on comments in past about Lebron, Heat, Butler? Yep.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the card you are playing? Not right "at the time"? Gotta hand it to you...you will go to great lengths to not admit you were off base even if it means making an even dumber comment.

b- was true at time. Heat did not have any Crowder type contracts for little money and not many years left
c - the cap was and did flatten out
d- In fact, they did need to depart with Whiteside to make a deal work
e - T. Johnson at $19 mil/year is atrocious

was he wrong Miami would never compete again? Yep. That Butler an awful signing? sure was. No need to call him out for things he was right about.

Defending him without context again.

Just as a random example, because I’m not going to get into it with you again, point e where he said $19m for Tyler a Johnson is atrocious is correct. However he meant it if the Heat gave him that kind of money, which they didn’t. That was a dig at Miami.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay I figured out how wiggy can get his revenge against that dastardly villian LeBron 'the traitor' James. He just became the first NBAer to play for and against the same team in the Finals. Which could mean somewhere in the near future the Lakers and Cavs will meet in the Finals. Anyone else buying this bullshit? Yeah me either. But it was worth a try.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I partially disagree.

It's like Shaq and Kobe.

At that time, Shaq was the better player and deserved MVP in all 3 title runs, but the Lakers don't win any of those titles without Kobe.

So based on numbers, there's a case to be made. But in both cases the right choice was made, imo.

Lebron was the best player and deserved the MVP, but the Lakers aren't champs without AD.

The question for AD, like it was with Kobe is, can he lead the team to titles once Lebron retires or finally can't be the lead dog anymore.

For Kobe after Shaq, the answer was yes. We'll see with AD.

It goes without saying that the Lakers weren’t winning without AD.

They may not win without Rondo, or KCP or Caruso either. Most championship teams have multiple guys they wouldn’t have won without.

I do think there is a large distinction between that and an MVP on most teams however.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It goes without saying that the Lakers weren’t winning without AD.

They may not win without Rondo, or KCP or Caruso either. Most championship teams have multiple guys they wouldn’t have won without.

I do think there is a large distinction between that and an MVP on most teams however.

The difference is that with the numbers AD put up, you can make a case for co-MVP's. You can't with anyone else's numbers.