• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals: Los Angeles Lakers vs. Miami Heat

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,003.31
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just what I thought ! Tell me something, how much time does one need to spend on here, how many posts does it take to get accepted into your douchbag club ?
We accept opinions from people that actually have a sports IQ.....

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far, Spoelstra has thoroughly kicked Vogel’s ass from a tactical standpoint. Pressure will be on the Lakers to close out tonight, because I doubt they want to see a winner take all game 7 after losing 2 straight.

Here are a few adjustments Vogel should make, IMO:

1: Stop playing Dwight Howard. He clogs the offense and doesn’t really have a great matchup defensively because the Heat Hunt him out in pick and roll. In a series where the Lakers team is +22, Dwight is -12.

2: Get KCP and Danny Green matched up correctly. Specifically, KCP is a talented on ball defender. But he lacks discipline off the ball. He does well on Herro. He cannot and should not ever defend Duncan Robinson.

3: Be more creative on offense. They need to post LeBron a few times a half and let him put pressure on Butler to guard him in close without fouling. They also need to get him touches off ball reversals before setting the ball screen. That way it will be a lot more difficult for the Heat to Wall off his dribble drive.

Lastly, they need to get both Davis and LeBron touches at the elbow area. It is really difficult to double effectively at that spot.

Their stagnant offense from last game allows Miami to put the game in the hands of the Laker role players. Vogel needs to take control back by scheming creative ways to get the ball to his stars in areas they can attack.

If he can’t do this, we could be headed toward game 7.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said that the Knicks during season were contenders, they had the personnel to get to PS. They didn’t have the coach that was good enough to hold his players accountable.

You're more full of shit than a clogged toilet. You said multiple times Fizdale was the problem. Once he was fired you started blathering on and on about how the Brickabockers were a lock for a playoff spot.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game, MLB, and the SNF game all around the dame time......I need 3 fucking TV's!!!!!
could also be why ratings are down for some of these sports....going head to head with the others when not usually the case (especially NBA having to worry about NFL)

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Late add, but got the game up on bookie: 10/11 NBA LA Lakers @ Miami 7:30 pm EST

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far, Spoelstra has thoroughly kicked Vogel’s ass from a tactical standpoint. Pressure will be on the Lakers to close out tonight, because I doubt they want to see a winner take all game 7 after losing 2 straight.

Here are a few adjustments Vogel should make, IMO:

1: Stop playing Dwight Howard. He clogs the offense and doesn’t really have a great matchup defensively because the Heat Hunt him out in pick and roll. In a series where the Lakers team is +22, Dwight is -12.

2: Get KCP and Danny Green matched up correctly. Specifically, KCP is a talented on ball defender. But he lacks discipline off the ball. He does well on Herro. He cannot and should not ever defend Duncan Robinson.

3: Be more creative on offense. They need to post LeBron a few times a half and let him put pressure on Butler to guard him in close without fouling. They also need to get him touches off ball reversals before setting the ball screen. That way it will be a lot more difficult for the Heat to Wall off his dribble drive.

Lastly, they need to get both Davis and LeBron touches at the elbow area. It is really difficult to double effectively at that spot.

Their stagnant offense from last game allows Miami to put the game in the hands of the Laker role players. Vogel needs to take control back by scheming creative ways to get the ball to his stars in areas they can attack.

If he can’t do this, we could be headed toward game 7.
1. now you shut your mouth....did an extra fanduel lineup where I took a shot to maybe win and not split with a ton.....had Howard )and Leonard) in it as only way to use Davis, Lebron AND Butler in a lineup.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. now you shut your mouth....did an extra fanduel lineup where I took a shot to maybe win and not split with a ton.....had Howard )and Leonard) in it as only way to use Davis, Lebron AND Butler in a lineup.

Might be worth it, but be prepared to get 2 0s.

Or at least 1 0 and a near 0.

Leonard almost definitely does n out play tonight. Olynck didn’t even play in game 5.