• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals: Los Angeles Lakers vs. Miami Heat

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This season was the first with coaches’ challenges right? Or was it last?

Been such a long season I can’t remember.

I feel like they introduced it as a trial. Since it has been successful, my guess is they will talk about expanding it a bit next season.

This season been the first

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My first post in this thread was not my own idea about this series. Many say LA is playing down to a team inferior to them with injury. And the fact that ratings are down, what’s anyone’s problem with that?

Ratings in most sports are down. So why do you insist on pretending viewership's only down for the NBA?

Last edited:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said that the Knicks during season were contenders, they had the personnel to get to PS. They didn’t have the coach that was good enough to hold his players accountable.

No, they did not. They have not had a playoff caliber roster in a long time. Even in the East where the 8 seed is pretty mediocre.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, they did not. They have not had a playoff caliber roster in a long time. Even in the East where the 8 seed is pretty mediocre.

Maybe this will shut him up? Doubt it though.

-the Brickabockers haven't had a winning season since '12-'13
-they haven't won a playoff series since '12-'13 (their only series win this century)
-7 straight losing seasons
-16 losing seasons this century
-14 different coaches this century

The only constant has been the idiot owner Dolan.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt they want bad refs.
There is risk to challenges.
Of course they don't...but a bad call does not mean a bad ref. a lot of athletic guys gonna result in some missed calls. You want them to stop play for any missed foul call?

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perfect example of one yesterday vs LeBron. Duncan was conceding the layup, raised his hands to avoid a foul and it was still called.
The stupid fouls in the same position vs Crowder have been correct. He reaches in to try to swat at the ball when he has no chance.

Yeah, the Heat arguably lost Game 4 because of stupid fouls by Crowder. Bam also had a bad loose ball foul with 2 seconds left in a quarter that gave AD two FT's.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they'll worry about his rest. I recall Lebron always said once he gets himself ready for a game amount of minutes doesn't matter for him. I mean, 45 over 32 might matter. But not 45-48 as opposed to 42. all the TV TOs in the Finals is the same as rest.

agree Heat have proven they belong.

Yeah, and there are possessions when star players get some energy back by having someone else bring up the ball and just walking to a spot on the perimeter and standing there for a moment.

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yahoo main page had a thing about AD hitting Crowder in the face in the 3rd that went unnoticed. They were making a case for why he should be suspended next game. I didn't see the hit but I seriously doubt the league suspends him for Game 6.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yahoo main page had a thing about AD hitting Crowder in the face in the 3rd that went unnoticed. They were making a case for why he should be suspended next game. I didn't see the hit but I seriously doubt the league suspends him for Game 6.

The league already made an announcement that there was nothing to that play and that there would be no discipline.

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh didn't see that. Thanks

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This season was the first with coaches’ challenges right? Or was it last?

Been such a long season I can’t remember.

I feel like they introduced it as a trial. Since it has been successful, my guess is they will talk about expanding it a bit next season.

If it sticks around, there needs to be a seminar for the coaches on when to actually use one. There's soooooo many coaches that challenge dumb shit in like 1st or 2nd quarter, completely wasting it. Since you only get one, you really should only use it A)On a critical call late in the game or B)On a questionable foul call that may get a key player in foul trouble. A random block/charge (which are almost never overturned) or out of bounds play with 10 minutes left in the 2nd quarter is not important

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it sticks around, there needs to be a seminar for the coaches on when to actually use one. There's soooooo many coaches that challenge dumb shit in like 1st or 2nd quarter, completely wasting it. Since you only get one, you really should only use it A)On a critical call late in the game or B)On a questionable foul call that may get a key player in foul trouble. A random block/charge (which are almost never overturned) or out of bounds play with 10 minutes left in the 2nd quarter is not important

That is why the system needs to get tweaked and more challenges added.

Maybe you get 1, but it gets replenished each time the challenge is successful.

Because while late game challenges are more important, that call in the 2nd quarter can sometimes impact the game just as much.

And besides, you can wait for that late game situation that never arises.

I do think coaches should use challenges early, but only if the expected value of the overturn is worth more than 2 points.