• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals. Cleveland vs. Golden State...

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if Ball just becomes an avg. shooter instead of the worst shooter in the league that would help immensely....he may get there--- itll take time---- Kidd eventually got a jump shot after a few years.....I saw Andy Varejao go from a terrible shooter to a solid shooter about half way through his career----- LeBron went from an awful shooter to a pretty darn good shooter a few years in.....definitely a lot of examples of guys that dramatically improved their shots but it usually took a few years......maybe 4-5 years from now when Lonzo is just about entering his prime he will have gotten a decent shot--- that seems a reasonable time line. He can do a lot this year from just going from simply awful to bad----- if he gets his % about 40% that would at least be improvement and get him more in line with what bad guards shoot instead of being the very bottom of the league. If he shot 40% from the field this year and 32% from 3 those would be major major improvements.
I normally do not make long term assessments based on one year - Some players can be seen as potentially great right from the beginning, but after one season riddled with Lonzo Ball being a rather weak and injured player, who knows. I think we have to wait and see.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Aka ‘Ive been out super teamed’

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,440.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These bad ass little rugrats need to go home.

Eating all my damn snacks.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland was never a superteam

On paper they have 3 all stars, one of which is/was Lebron. That's a super team. Just like the Heat were considered a super team. Golden St. just updated the term when they added Durant.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On paper they have 3 all stars, one of which is/was Lebron. That's a super team. Just like the Heat were considered a super team. Golden St. just updated the term when they added Durant.

Heat were a super team because Bosh was so much better than Love IMO.

I also don't like judging superteams by # of all stars.

A few years ago the 60+ win Hawks team had 3 or 4 all stars if I remember correctly.

Were they a superteam?

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All i remember was bashing Bosh for his refusal to go near the basket as a Heat player

Just hanging by that 3 point line

I dunno, i just saw Bosh much like i see Love today, good, but not great

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A few years ago the 60+ win Hawks team had 3 or 4 all stars if I remember correctly.

Were they a superteam?

You Betcha!

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You Betcha!

My definition of a superteam is 2 top 10 players and another player who is top 20-25.

IMO, Kyrie was never a top 10 player in Cleveland.

Wade was a top 10 player IMO in the first 2 years of the big 3 in Miami.

I don't think they were a superteam in year 3 or 4.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Were they a superteam?

They had a good year, but I consider the level of all stars they're working with. Most of the guys on that Atlanta squad are fringe all star players. Kevin Love has been an all star for the majority of their careers. Again, of the 3 all stars that Cleveland had at one point, one of them was Lebron; on paper that's a super team.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My definition of a superteam is 2 top 10 players and another player who is top 20-25.

IMO, Kyrie was never a top 10 player in Cleveland.

Wade was a top 10 player IMO in the first 2 years of the big 3 in Miami.

I don't think they were a superteam in year 3 or 4.

It could just be me, I just never saw the Bosh and Love versions that played with Lebron as great players, I think they mostly starred and put up a lot of empty stats on teams that werent very good.....I look at Klay Thompson, the 3rd wheel on that team, I look at role guys like Iggy and Livingston, i look at what Draymond brings, I just dont think those Heat teams compared

MikeMed

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,090.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It could just be me, I just never saw the Bosh and Love versions that played with Lebron as great players, I think they mostly starred and put up a lot of empty stats on teams that werent very good.....I look at Klay Thompson, the 3rd wheel on that team, I look at role guys like Iggy and Livingston, i look at what Draymond brings, I just dont think those Heat teams compared

I agree those heat teams were not as good as GS or this seasons Rockets.......I have heard a lot of people call this Warriors dynasty lucky the last few days..............I think they are the best team since the 90's Bulls.........And GS is not done yet - they have more titles coming thats for sure.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree those heat teams were not as good as GS or this seasons Rockets.......I have heard a lot of people call this Warriors dynasty lucky the last few days..............I think they are the best team since the 90's Bulls.........And GS is not done yet - they have more titles coming thats for sure.

I agree, I think GS will start to hit some rough times, not by losing the core stars, but when their depth starts getting hit...Like when some team offers big money to an Iggy or a Livingston, and guys like that, usually the dynasties start to crumble when the really good depth gets thinner

But agree, thats not for a few years