• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals. Cleveland vs. Golden State...

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your predictions after the fact are pretty hilarious.
I direct you to post #4024 of this very thread. I'll stand by. This is too easy.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently, the Cavs never fully recovered from the refs butcher jobs and J.R. Smith's blunder. The Cavs never really got back into the series after Game 1 if they were even in it to begin with.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently, the Cavs never fully recovered from the refs butcher jobs and J.R. Smith's blunder. The Cavs never really got back into the series after Game 1 if they were even in it to begin with.
A lot of that is a credit to the warriors, although I also think LeBron could've done a much better motivating/inspiring outside the lines.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same. But Chris Paul's injury derailed that prediction.

So the Rockets with Chris Paul are better than this Warriors team, you sticking with that? Why did you say 'see you back here next year' then, referring to the Ws? Won't the better Rockets beat them this time?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe LeBron has reached his career nadir and has entered into that twilight window that every player, no matter the level of their greatness, enters eventually. If I were Magic and/or other GM's that have this unending siffy for the LeBron, I'd take a step-back and take a second look.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe LeBron has reached his career nadir and has entered into that twilight window that every player, no matter the level of their greatness, enters eventually. If I were Magic and/or other GM's that have this unending siffy for the LeBron, I'd take a step-back and take a second look.

It's hilarious how people keep waiting for his skills to decline. He's still the best all around player in the game & had a great regular season. And his skills won't greatly diminish next year if healthy.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't watch the finals very much, I could see what was going to happen. A third ring for Golden State.
Kind of lopsided to start with made for the most boring Finals in a long time.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of that is a credit to the warriors, although I also think LeBron could've done a much better motivating/inspiring outside the lines.

Yeah, the Warriors have got to be one of the most frustrating/disheartening teams to play against in history.

You think you're playing well, you've built up a lead and then all of the sudden, you look at the scoreboard and you're trailing.

Last night in the first half was a perfect example. I thought the Cavs played pretty well for most of the first half. They overcame some leads to tie or take the lead themselves a few times...

only to find themselves down by 9 at halftime.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hilarious how people keep waiting for his skills to decline. He's still the best all around player in the game & had a great regular season. And his skills won't greatly diminish next year if healthy.

And so was the case with Kareem, Michael, and others. Father Time wins every time. Granted he is the best player but I was making a suggestive observation that GM's should re-evaluate their stances that perhaps they have a better scenario already in place that would favor the long-term for their team and what they want to accomplish.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Rockets with Chris Paul are better than this Warriors team, you sticking with that? Why did you say 'see you back here next year' then, referring to the Ws? Won't the better Rockets beat them this time?

He meant next year when he's a Rockets fan.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And so was the case with Kareem, Michael, and others. Father Time wins every time. Granted he is the best player but I was making a suggestive observation that GM's should re-evaluate their stances that perhaps they have a better scenario already in place that would favor the long-term for their team and what they want to accomplish.

It's a given Father Time always wins. But I think you're hoping for something that probably won't happen next year. I think he still has a couple more years left before he starts slowing down. He's a freak of nature.