• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals. Cleveland vs. Golden State...

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Best" and "important" are not always the same thing. He might be 5th best...but his importance is greater than that.

Saying something multiple times doesn't necessarily make it correct or true.
So, you believe that Golden State would be better off if they were missing Klay, Draymond, KD, or Steph rather than Iggy. Is that actually true?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMFAO, Or you'll what, jackass...?

You can kindly fuck off any time you like...

like it's MY fault you continue to lose arguments... :dhd:
How is my pointing out your horrible misquote of a beloved TV character count as "losing an argument"?

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is my pointing out your horrible misquote of a beloved TV character count as "losing an argument"?

Yiiiikes, OK now you're simply wasting my time...

You were WRONG on Iggy...

you were WRONG about Durant being the first player to ring chase...

seriously, man. Try sex. That should alleviate SOME of that pent up stress you seem to be suffering from...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, you believe that Golden State would be better off if they were missing Klay, Draymond, KD, or Steph rather than Iggy. Is that actually true?

KD, Klay and Steph? Of course not.

Draymond? Maybe.

What you're not taking into account is that some players are "that guy you have to have in addition to your stars" to win a title. Clearly, they aren't as important as the actual stars, but they make enough of a difference that teams are less likely to win the title without them.

A good example is Derek Fisher with the Shaq/Kobe Lakers and the Kobe/Pau Lakers. He would be lucky to even be their 5th best player talent wise (especially the Shaq/Kobe Lakers).

But he was extremely important and they likely don't win as many titles without him. In fact, he was an important part of pretty much all 5 of those teams.

As much as some of us like to give Wiggy a bad time about him, Tristan Thompson, at least at times, has been that type of player for your Cavs. At least they seem to play better when he plays well.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yiiiikes, OK now you're simply wasting my time...

seriously, man. Try sex. That should alleviate SOME of that pent up stress you seem to be suffering from...
No I wasn't. His presence in Game 3 meant absolutely nothing without Durant going off. Without the effort from Durant, Cleveland wins by double digits regardless of Iggy's performance.

No I wasn't. There's never been a player of his caliber that has joined a team of Golden State's caliber as a FA. If you want to get into semantics about the 73 win season and how nobody had done that before, be my guest, but you're just trying to sidestep the truth that I was right. Durant's a true coward, and what he did was unprecedented.

I'm engaged, so the sex thing is just fine. I'm just bored with my job because I put my notice in and until I start my new job, I don't have a lot to do at this point.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot about you crazy west coasters and your time difference, my apologies

lol Works the opposite for me. I have some very good friends in North Carolina and a daughter in Florida.

Sometimes I'll send a text at 7 or 8 at night and wonder why they aren't answering.

Then I remember the time difference. :L

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KD, Klay and Steph? Of course not.

Draymond? Maybe.

What you're not taking into account is that some players are "that guy you have to have in addition to your stars" to win a title. Clearly, they aren't as important as the actual stars, but they make enough of a difference that teams are less likely to win the title without them.

A good example is Derek Fisher with the Shaq/Kobe Lakers and the Kobe/Pau Lakers. He would be lucky to even be their 5th best player talent wise (especially the Shaq/Kobe Lakers).

But he was extremely important and they likely don't win as many titles without him. In fact, he was an important part of pretty much all 5 of those teams.

As much as some of us like to give Wiggy a bad time about him, Tristan Thompson, at least at times, has been that type of player for your Cavs. At least they seem to play better when he plays well.
Draymond, the reigning DPOY and 3-time All-NBA defensive team player who can also shoot and rebound. You've got to be kidding.

Fisher was the QB of that team. He was the starting PG and the dude who orchestrated the stars. His role was much bigger than Iggy's role as a complimentary defensive role player. Iggy is much more Bruce Bowen at this point than anything else, but when you have (and I'll refrain from the bold/caps lock this time) 4 All-Stars in your starting lineup, using Iggy's absence as an excuse for losing is a steaming pile of bullshit.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I wasn't. His presence in Game 3 meant absolutely nothing without Durant going off. Without the effort from Durant, Cleveland wins by double digits regardless of Iggy's performance.

No I wasn't. There's never been a player of his caliber that has joined a team of Golden State's caliber as a FA. If you want to get into semantics about the 73 win season and how nobody had done that before, be my guest, but you're just trying to sidestep the truth that I was right. Durant's a true coward, and what he did was unprecedented.

I'm engaged, so the sex thing is just fine. I'm just bored with my job because I put my notice in and until I start my new job, I don't have a lot to do at this point.

lol, no helping this one apparently...:tsk:

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol Works the opposite for me. I have some very good friends in North Carolina and a daughter in Florida.

Sometimes I'll send a text at 7 or 8 at night and wonder why they aren't answering.

Then I remember the time difference. :L
Yeah, I work with my company reps all over the US, so I've had plenty of midnight calls from the west coast sales managers. Thank god I'm almost done with those. That said, I'm looking forward to coming back out to visit next year. My fiancee and I are going to go out to Long Beach and Sonoma for a week next February so I can (maybe, if I'm lucky) try some Pliny the Younger.