• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals. Cleveland vs. Golden State...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draymond, the reigning DPOY and 3-time All-NBA defensive team player who can also shoot and rebound. You've got to be kidding.

Not at all. Iggy provides a lot of the same things that Draymond does without giving it back with some of his antics.

Remember, in the Warriors first title, Iggy was the MVP.

He doesn't do the things that Draymond does at the same level. But he does provide them at fairly close to that level. That's part of why, when Iggy went down in the Houston series, the Warriors ball movement on offense almost came to a stop and they ran far more iso than they normally do.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draymond, the reigning DPOY and 3-time All-NBA defensive team player who can also shoot and rebound. You've got to be kidding.

Fisher was the QB of that team. He was the starting PG and the dude who orchestrated the stars. His role was much bigger than Iggy's role as a complimentary defensive role player. Iggy is much more Bruce Bowen at this point than anything else, but when you have (and I'll refrain from the bold/caps lock this time) 4 All-Stars in your starting lineup, using Iggy's absence as an excuse for losing is a steaming pile of bullshit.
They lost by one single bucket in both game 4 and 5 vs the Rockets. They would have won one or both with him.

But keep crying, our rings shine that much brighter when you do.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not at all. Iggy provides a lot of the same things that Draymond does without giving it back with some of his antics.

Remember, in the Warriors first title, Iggy was the MVP.

He doesn't do the things that Draymond does at the same level. But he does provide them at fairly close to that level. That's part of why, when Iggy went down in the Houston series, the Warriors ball movement on offense almost came to a stop and they ran far more iso than they normally do.
His PER was absolutely dwarfed by Draymond's this year, and he didn't do anything in Game 3 that was any better than the other guys in games 1-2 against Lebron really. In fact, Lebron had fewer TOs in game 3 than in games 1 and 2. I just don't see it, except for the antics part. You're spot on there, though it seems like Draymond has been relatively calm these first 3 games.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did that earlier...

As I said, you're clearly wasting my time...
No, no you really didn't. The fact that you're still responding proves that. If you had, you'd have stopped long ago, right?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They lost by one single bucket in both game 4 and 5 vs the Rockets. They would have won one or both with him.

But keep crying, our rings shine that much brighter when you do.
So, you're telling me that their 4 all-stars aren't enough to beat Houston with 2. Is that what you're saying?

Also, you know your trash talk is totally hollow with me, right? If anything, the Cavs title in 2016 is much shinier than yours considering you'd set the wins record during the regular season. Can't take that away, can you?

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, you're telling me that their 4 all-stars aren't enough to beat Houston with 2. Is that what you're saying?

Also, you know your trash talk is totally hollow with me, right? If anything, the Cavs title in 2016 is much shinier than yours considering you'd set the wins record during the regular season. Can't take that away, can you?

You know they play 5 on 5 right? Not 4 on 5, which is what the Warriors were doing most nights without a reliable 5th.

No one's saying Iguodala is the key to winning. But he's a piece that puts them over the top. Without him, the whole picture gets weird.

Iguodala's role on the team cannot be replicated by any other member of the team. His skill set is unique. He acts as an additional PG and facilitator off the bench. He's also the best individual wing defender the Warriors have. What did the Warriors struggle with in the games they lost? Turnovers and Isolation ball. Two huge components of Iguodala's game. Also the Rockets scored a ton with their smaller lineup. Having the best wing defender the team has out there wouldn't have helped?

Also because the Warriors rely so heavily on Iguodala, when he was out, it threw the whole rotation off. There's a huge difference in trying to get a stop using Quinn Cook or Nick Young out there versus Iguodala.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't care what's hollow about you. I'm a Warriors fan and we win all the time, and piss off fans like you. I couldn't be happier or more smug about it. Enjoy your lucky ring (you guys got so freaking lucky with that) and your Indians title drought and Browns shittiness.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His PER was absolutely dwarfed by Draymond's this year, and he didn't do anything in Game 3 that was any better than the other guys in games 1-2 against Lebron really. In fact, Lebron had fewer TOs in game 3 than in games 1 and 2. I just don't see it, except for the antics part. You're spot on there, though it seems like Draymond has been relatively calm these first 3 games.

Of course his PER would be dwarfed, he didn't play as much as Draymond and a lot of what he does, like in my Derek Fisher, Tristan Thompson examples...can't always be measured in stats.

Example, a big part of why KD went off like he did in game 3 is because of the way the Warriors attacked the Cavs defense.

The Cavs got physical with Steph and Klay and put Lebron on KD. So, the Warriors started running KD off of picks (many set by Iggy) and moving the ball around (also often facilitated by Iggy) to force a KD/Love matchup which favored KD and the Warriors.

Basically, they'd run a pick that would switch Lebron off of KD and put Tristan on him, then they'd run a 2nd pick that forced Tristan off of KD and left Love on him. Iggy was a big part of why they were able to do that.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMFAO last word's that important to you, Huh...?

how PATHETIC is that...?

Heatles was right about you...
Heatles is much smarter than you, that much is for sure. He at least had some solid information.

Insulting me for having the last word, yet here you are coming back and replying. You'll keep replying to me because you're someone who is easy to puppet.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course his PER would be dwarfed, he didn't play as much as Draymond and a lot of what he does, like in my Derek Fisher, Tristan Thompson examples...can't always be measured in stats.

Example, a big part of why KD went off like he did in game 3 is because of the way the Warriors attacked the Cavs defense.

The Cavs got physical with Steph and Klay and put Lebron on KD. So, the Warriors started running KD off of picks (many set by Iggy) and moving the ball around (also often facilitated by Iggy) to force a KD/Love matchup which favored KD and the Warriors.

Basically, they'd run a pick that would switch Lebron off of KD and put Tristan on him, then they'd run a 2nd pick that forced Tristan off of KD and left Love on him. Iggy was a big part of why they were able to do that.
Why can't they run those picks with anyone else? The pick and roll is middle school level basketball 101.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care what's hollow about you. I'm a Warriors fan and we win all the time, and piss off fans like you. I couldn't be happier or more smug about it. Enjoy your lucky ring (you guys got so freaking lucky with that) and your Indians title drought and Browns shittiness.
:pound::pound: Tell me - does your Kobe jersey still fit?

Also, WE were lucky?? Holy shit, now that's some next level saltiness. We were better than you in 2015 (luckily for you, just not healthy) and we were better than you in 2016. Without KD's cowardly decision, the Cavs are talking about a 3-peat this year. And you know what? I still would rather watch the Indians or Browns.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why can't they run those picks with anyone else? The pick and roll is middle school level basketball 101.

Because it's not as simple as setting the pick. Hell, you and I could do that. He also has to be able to facilitate ball movement and part of the "pick and roll" offense is the "pick and pop" where instead of rolling to the basket, the player pops outside for a mid-range jumper. Iggy is better than most on the Warriors roster at doing both the pick and roll and the pick and pop as well as facilitating ball movement.

Example, the Warriors had a good deal of success running the pick and roll with Javale McGee, but he's pretty much useless in a pick and pop scenario or in facilitating ball movement..

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pound::pound: Tell me - does your Kobe jersey still fit?

Also, WE were lucky?? Holy shit, now that's some next level saltiness. We were better than you in 2015 (luckily for you, just not healthy) and we were better than you in 2016. Without KD's cowardly decision, the Cavs are talking about a 3-peat this year. And you know what? I still would rather watch the Indians or Browns.
Kobe jersey WTF?

And yes you do seem like someone who would enjoy Browns football.

Again, enjoy that lucky Cavs ring, as you'll never win another. We're in the middle of winning 4 in 5 years so we don't really have time for you lesser teams.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe jersey WTF?

And yes you do seem like someone who would enjoy Browns football.

Again, enjoy that lucky Cavs ring, as you'll never win another. We're in the middle of winning 4 in 5 years so we don't really have time for you lesser teams.

but LeClown isn't a coward when he ditched Cleveland...

You can't buy entertainment like this...

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because it's not as simple as setting the pick. Hell, you and I could do that. He also has to be able to facilitate ball movement and part of the "pick and roll" offense is the "pick and pop" where instead of rolling to the basket, the player pops outside for a mid-range jumper. Iggy is better than most on the Warriors roster at doing both the pick and roll and the pick and pop as well as facilitating ball movement.

Example, the Warriors had a good deal of success running the pick and roll with Javale McGee, but he's pretty much useless in a pick and pop scenario or in facilitating ball movement..

It's also not the just the offense of the pick and roll its the defense of it. Javale and others have done as well as can be expected, but they're not build to defend it in space. That's why Houston was able to get a lot of what they wanted as soon as Iguodala was out. With Iguodala out there, it allows the Warriors to be able to switch everything confidently. You don't have to have a second defender hedge on him because you know he'll handle his shit defensively. If it's Bell or Looney or McGee out there, you need to have a back side defender there to help on drives and that's what facilitates a lot of Houston's 3 point attempts.