• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals. Cleveland vs. Golden State...

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did I say Iggy and Durant were the same player? Are you fucking stupid? Of course Durant's game kept the Warriors in the game and ultimately won. But Iggy's the best defender that Golden St. has and his defense on Lebron kept him from going off for another epic performance. That's the argument. The original argument was that Golden St. is so lucky and that Cleveland has nowhere near the luck that GS does around the time that CP3 got injured. Let's discuss the good luck/bad luck scenarios for both teams in the playoffs:

Cleveland
=======
Good luck:
- Remained injury free sans Kevin Love for 1 game
- Faced Boston without 2 of their All Stars
- Faced Golden St. without Iguodala for 2 games in this series.

Bad Luck:
- Their roster sucks outside of Lebron James

Golden St.
=======
Good luck:
- Faced San Antonio without Kawhi
- Faced NO without Cousins
- CP3 getting injured games 6 and 7

Bad luck:
- Had to go the 1st round without Steph
- No Iguodala for 6 games in the playoffs starting in the WCF

Seems like Golden St. has had more to deal with than Cleveland in the playoffs. And only dipshits call people retards when they clearly are wrong in an argument/debate.
First off, basically every game Lebron has is epic. He just does it so often that it seems like it's the norm. Nobody does what Lebron does, and nobody ever has.

Secondly, look at that run for Golden State. Facing San Antonio without Kawhi might as well mean facing a lotto team. They were a shell of themselves without him this year.

NO without Cousins takes away an enormous dynamic for that team offensively.

Houston losing Paul meant GS wins. If he doesn't get hurt, we're watching Houston and Cleveland right now.

This goes back to 3 years ago when they only beat Cleveland because they were without Kyrie and Love. If those guys are healthy, Cleveland likely wins in 5. Hell, they were 2 inches on a Shumpert putback in game 1 from being up 3-0 in that series.

GS is without question the luckiest team in NBA playoff history, and this doesn't even include the blatant home cooking given to them in game 1 that allowed them to win the game.

You are a retard. The things you say are troll-level at best.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston losing Paul meant GS wins. If he doesn't get hurt, we're watching Houston and Cleveland right now..

This is idiocy. Yes, CP3 going down ruined Houston's chances ultimately for beating Golden St. But again, Iggy went down in game 3 of that series which allowed Houston to climb back in the series.

Golden St. has had some luck, particularly in 2015, yes. However, do we want to mention 2016 - Draymond getting suspended, Iggy hampered by injuries later in the Finals, Bogut going down with a knee injury? Golden St. has had a crap ton of luck - both good and bad.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron joined a team with 47 wins who was bounced in the first round of the playoffs.

KD joined a team who won 73 games and was minutes from winning their second straight title after beating KD in the conference finals.

I can't help you if you don't know the difference here.

you're SO fulla shit...

so KNOWING he was gonna hook up with Dwade and Chris Bosh and exclaiming HIMSELF he was gonna get multiple titles was NOWHERE in his thought process...

even YOU aren't stupid enough to believe THAT...:pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound:

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you were lying when you said the healthy Rockets were the better team before that series? Or are you lying now?
No you said you thought a healthy Rockets team was better than the Warriors in post #4128 of this thread. The evidence is there.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Donovan Mitchell just got here- doubt anyone is listening to him right now either.
I bet he's forgotten more about basketball than either of us ever knew.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, when you said "those in the know" you seemed to be including yourself...so the confusion is understandable.
Those of us in the know do tend to talk at a much higher level than novices like yourself so I can understand and sympathize with your confusion. I apologize for that and will speak more to my audience.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is idiocy. Yes, CP3 going down ruined Houston's chances ultimately for beating Golden St. But again, Iggy went down in game 3 of that series which allowed Houston to climb back in the series.

Golden St. has had some luck, particularly in 2015, yes. However, do we want to mention 2016 - Draymond getting suspended, Iggy hampered by injuries later in the Finals, Bogut going down with a knee injury? Golden St. has had a crap ton of luck - both good and bad.
Climb back in the series?!? It was 1-1 going into game 3! What the hell are you even talking about?? Again - he is their 5th best/most important player at best. Acting as if it's anything more than that is, as I've said multiple times, retarded. They have FOUR ALL-STARS IN THEIR STARTING LINEUP.

Ok, let's talk about 2016. First off, Draymond getting suspended is not in this conversation. It wasn't an injury that he was unable to avoid like all the other players we're talking about. He's a dirty thug and he did that to himself. That's not luck, that's choice. Secondly, you're also leaving out Love missing game 3 and only playing 12 minutes in game 6.

GS has had a crap ton of luck, alright, but the overwhelming amount has been good. Steph, Klay, Draymond, and KD have been healthy for the most part (Steph missing the first round means nothing, San Antonio without Kawhi was losing to most of the teams in the playoffs this year). If Steph got hurt and was out for the Finals? Sure, you'd have a different story. Then we'd be talking about 2015 with Kyrie missing all the Finals but one game where he was playing at about 60%. Then again, to make it like 2015, you'd also need to be missing Draymond to account for Love being out. And if that was the case this year, you're probably looking at Cleveland being up 2-1 at worst.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you're SO fulla shit...

so KNOWING he was gonna hook up with Dwade and Chris Bosh and exclaiming HIMSELF he was gonna get multiple titles was NOWHERE in his thought process...

even YOU aren't stupid enough to believe THAT...:pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound:
Put Bosh on the Heat the year before Lebron went there and they're still not playing for a title, moron. Golden State was a title team that already had a completely established core that was winning WITHOUT Durant. These two situations are in no way comparable, holy shit you're a fucking idiot.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Climb back in the series?!? It was 1-1 going into game 3! What the hell are you even talking about?? Again - he is their 5th best/most important player at best. Acting as if it's anything more than that is, as I've said multiple times, retarded. They have FOUR ALL-STARS IN THEIR STARTING LINEUP.

Ok, let's talk about 2016. First off, Draymond getting suspended is not in this conversation. It wasn't an injury that he was unable to avoid like all the other players we're talking about. He's a dirty thug and he did that to himself. That's not luck, that's choice. Secondly, you're also leaving out Love missing game 3 and only playing 12 minutes in game 6.

GS has had a crap ton of luck, alright, but the overwhelming amount has been good. Steph, Klay, Draymond, and KD have been healthy for the most part (Steph missing the first round means nothing, San Antonio without Kawhi was losing to most of the teams in the playoffs this year). If Steph got hurt and was out for the Finals? Sure, you'd have a different story. Then we'd be talking about 2015 with Kyrie missing all the Finals but one game where he was playing at about 60%. Then again, to make it like 2015, you'd also need to be missing Draymond to account for Love being out. And if that was the case this year, you're probably looking at Cleveland being up 2-1 at worst.

Houston lost HCA the first game. In game 3, Iggy went down where Golden St. blew the doors off of Houston to take a 2-1 lead. If Iggy is healthy (as @tlance mentions) that series doesn't go 7 and likely goes 5 to Golden St. Notice how that once Iguodala wasn't around, Golden St. wasn't as effective for a stretch in the series?

Either way, stay in your ways. I'm done having this conversation with you. In the end, your team has 1 more game with Lebron on it and after that it's back to the bottom tier of the league for the Cavs. At least I don't come off as a whiny kunt like you.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put Bosh on the Heat the year before Lebron went there and they're still not playing for a title, moron. Golden State was a title team that already had a completely established core that was winning WITHOUT Durant. These two situations are in no way comparable, holy shit you're a fucking idiot.

You're not exactly a beacon of consistency yourself there, sunshine.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston lost HCA the first game. In game 3, Iggy went down where Golden St. blew the doors off of Houston to take a 2-1 lead. If Iggy is healthy (as @tlance mentions) that series doesn't go 7 and likely goes 5 to Golden St. Notice how that once Iguodala wasn't around, Golden St. wasn't as effective for a stretch in the series?

Either way, stay in your ways. I'm done having this conversation with you. In the end, your team has 1 more game with Lebron on it and after that it's back to the bottom tier of the league for the Cavs. At least I don't come off as a whiny kunt like you.
Houston got it back in Game 4, so that argument of yours is invalid. Or are you actually, seriously, going to sit here and say that a team with 4 ALL STARS IN THE STARTING LINEUP just can't get by without their 34 year old role player?? He is a nice role player. That is it. I have no idea where you are getting this idea that despite having 4 ALL STARS IN THE STARTING LINEUP, there would actually be a valid excuse for them losing because of 34-year old Iggy. That's about as ignorant of an argument as I could ever imagine trying to make.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're not exactly a beacon of consistency yourself there, sunshine.
Consistency? You just told me "stay in your ways", and now you're saying I'm inconsistent? Now THAT is inconsistent.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No you said you thought a healthy Rockets team was better than the Warriors in post #4128 of this thread. The evidence is there.

Does this kind of shit work for you in real life? LOL. Nothing more retarded than pretending you don't know what is being referred to.

I'll ask you again, giving you one more chance to avoid another brick in your wall of clownshoes: did you or did you not say that the Rockets were the better team and would win the series against the Warriors? Were you lying then or are you lying now?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Consistency? You just told me "stay in your ways", and now you're saying I'm inconsistent? Now THAT is inconsistent.

I'm letting you stay an idiot. It's the old saying - Don't argue with idiots. They'll bring you down to their level and pummel you with experience. I'm cutting my losses on this wasted time and letting you be you. But I'm going to call you out for being a complete utter moron.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston got it back in Game 4, so that argument of yours is invalid. Or are you actually, seriously, going to sit here and say that a team with 4 ALL STARS IN THE STARTING LINEUP just can't get by without their 34 year old role player?? He is a nice role player. That is it. I have no idea where you are getting this idea that despite having 4 ALL STARS IN THE STARTING LINEUP, there would actually be a valid excuse for them losing because of 34-year old Iggy. That's about as ignorant of an argument as I could ever imagine trying to make.

Houston won game 4 and 5 by one bucket. Iggy is worth at least that to the Ws.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm letting you stay an idiot. It's the old saying - Don't argue with idiots. They'll bring you down to their level and pummel you with experience. I'm cutting my losses on this wasted time and letting you be you. But I'm going to call you out for being a complete utter moron.
You're still a retard. You have to know that. "But but but but Iggy! 4 All-Stars just isn't enough!"

Retarded.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston won game 4 and 5 by one bucket. Iggy is worth at least that to the Ws.
So you're also in the camp that says 4 All-Stars isn't enough to beat Houston and their 2 All-Stars. Got it.