• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals. Cleveland vs. Golden State...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey ow about that Baker Mayfield!! Browns on Hardknocks!!!! Tribe is loaded!!! lol.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey ow about that Baker Mayfield!! Browns on Hardknocks!!!! Tribe is loaded!!! lol.

Interesting that Baker's already taken the number 2 job. Expected, but crazy that it's happening in OTA's.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting that Baker's already taken the number 2 job. Expected, but crazy that it's happening in OTA's.
of course this probably means less than nothing- but there was a report saying how all the players just naturally gravitate to Mayfield and that he is a born leader.

Honestly- his brand of leadership and bravado and work ethic is exactly what the Browns needed in order to pull themselves out of this awful, terrible stretch. Honestly- the "tanking" approach is rarely utilized in the NFL, and its been a very very hard last 2 years, not too mention the years before, but the Browns actually do look like they are on the right track for the first time in a long time.

Im very interested to see a revamped offense.

think of the QB room they had a year ago-- Rookie DeShone Kizer, Kevin Hogan and Cody Kessler. Now its Tyrod Taylor, Baker Mayfield and Drew Stanton.

Their receiving core is a full year of Josh Gordon, Landry, Coleman, and a developing David Njoku (former first rounder last year that showed some promise) at TE.

Instead of Crowell and Duke Johnson at running back they now have Carlos Hyde, Duke Johnson and Nick Chubb

the biggest improvement is in the secondary though. Their corners last year were AWFUL. Now they drafted Denzel Ward, Signed EJ Gaines, signed Tj Carrie, --Boddy-CAlhoun moves from being the #1 corner to like the #4 corner.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would hardly call the basketball the Warriors are playing unbeatable basketball. ROFLMAO

Says they're not playing "unbeatable basketball"

Dubs haven't been beaten

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of course this probably means less than nothing- but there was a report saying how all the players just naturally gravitate to Mayfield and that he is a born leader.

Honestly- his brand of leadership and bravado and work ethic is exactly what the Browns needed in order to pull themselves out of this awful, terrible stretch. Honestly- the "tanking" approach is rarely utilized in the NFL, and its been a very very hard last 2 years, not too mention the years before, but the Browns actually do look like they are on the right track for the first time in a long time.

Im very interested to see a revamped offense.

think of the QB room they had a year ago-- Rookie DeShone Kizer, Kevin Hogan and Cody Kessler. Now its Tyrod Taylor, Baker Mayfield and Drew Stanton.

Their receiving core is a full year of Josh Gordon, Landry, Coleman, and a developing David Njoku (former first rounder last year that showed some promise) at TE.

Instead of Crowell and Duke Johnson at running back they now have Carlos Hyde, Duke Johnson and Nick Chubb

the biggest improvement is in the secondary though. Their corners last year were AWFUL. Now they drafted Denzel Ward, Signed EJ Gaines, signed Tj Carrie, --Boddy-CAlhoun moves from being the #1 corner to like the #4 corner.

I told you last year that I thought Njoku was a steal for the Browns. That kid did amazing things at Miami.

I also didn't realize that Alonzo Highsmith was running the Browns either. Wanted the Dolphins to scoop him up. But that's expecting a lot for my team in terms of making right personnel decisions.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan Hollins might be the most annoying "expert" espn has ever hired and that's hard to do

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I told you last year that I thought Njoku was a steal for the Browns. That kid did amazing things at Miami.

I also didn't realize that Alonzo Highsmith was running the Browns either. Wanted the Dolphins to scoop him up. But that's expecting a lot for my team in terms of making right personnel decisions.
they got Dorsey to be the GM....brought Elliot Wolf- (legendary NFL personnel guy Ron Wolf's son) who was a candidate for the Packers GM job, brought in Highsmith......and kept DePoedesta to be there analytics guy. The front office is SO much better than it used to be.

Jarvis Landry, Josh Gordon, Corey Coleman, David Njoku is actually a pretty interesting receiving core.....what about that scum bag they drafted in the 4th round? what do you know about him? Antonio Callaway out of Florida?-- hes supposedly a big time moron- but would have been the #1 receiver in this draft based on just talent.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as long as we are onthe Browns--- Myles Garret and Emmanual Ogbah are a helluva combo at DE. its why they passed on Chubb and took Ward--- Ogbah was the 1st pick of the 2nd round in the previous years draft and looked great at times as a rookie. Garret obviously looked great at times as well.

As good as the Indians and Cavs have been the last few years Cleveland always has been and always will be a Browns town. If the Browns are good there is nothing like it in the city- not that i have seen it much in my life.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they got Dorsey to be the GM....brought Elliot Wolf- (legendary NFL personnel guy Ron Wolf's son) who was a candidate for the Packers GM job, brought in Highsmith......and kept DePoedesta to be there analytics guy. The front office is SO much better than it used to be.

Jarvis Landry, Josh Gordon, Corey Coleman, David Njoku is actually a pretty interesting receiving core.....what about that scum bag they drafted in the 4th round? what do you know about him? Antonio Callaway out of Florida?-- hes supposedly a big time moron- but would have been the #1 receiver in this draft based on just talent.

Callaway isn't going to amount to much. I wouldn't worry about him. Great talent as he went down to Homestead high school and everyone knew he was the better receiver over there when he was paired with Ermon Lane (5 star receiver that went to FSU and was a big time bust).

But he's one of those guys that is a great talent, but his attitude and mentality will be his undoing. His reason for going to UF in Gainesville over Miami is because he figured he would get in trouble if he stayed down in South Florida; kids that make that excuse always get in trouble somewhere else.

He also initially signed with Canes great, Melvin Bratton who's an agent and said that he wanted to get out of Florida also so he wouldn't get into any more trouble - Bratton's based out of Atlanta. That's a city where there's distractions anyway.

Back to the point - your receiving core is more than okay (probably top 5 in the league). Just worry about the trenches on both sides and your team will be straight.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Callaway isn't going to amount to much. I wouldn't worry about him. Great talent as he went down to Homestead high school and everyone knew he was the better receiver over there when he was paired with Ermon Lane (5 star receiver that went to FSU and was a big time bust).

But he's one of those guys that is a great talent, but his attitude and mentality will be his undoing. His reason for going to UF in Gainesville over Miami is because he figured he would get in trouble if he stayed down in South Florida; kids that make that excuse always get in trouble somewhere else.

He also initially signed with Canes great, Melvin Bratton who's an agent and said that he wanted to get out of Florida also so he wouldn't get into any more trouble - Bratton's based out of Atlanta. That's a city where there's distractions anyway.

Back to the point - your receiving core is more than okay (probably top 5 in the league). Just worry about the trenches on both sides and your team will be straight.
the oline is actually pretty damn solid beside having to sort out LT. The guards are greaet with Bitonio and Zeitler--- among the beest in the league. Tretter is a respectable center and Hubbard a respectable right tackle. They took Corbett with the 1st pick of the 2nd round and he will be a very good guard or center- they are trying him at left tackle but i dont think he has the athleticism to stick there.

Too bad JT couldnt have lasted another year or two and got to play for a good team. If Joe Thomas was on this team teh line would be top 5 in the NFL. Now- its around middle of the pack.....good but not great.

Browns linebackers are even pretty damn good with Jaime Collins, Christian Kirksey, Joe Schobert and that asshole they just signed from the Eagles.

their weak points are DT and safety and their corners are at least respectable now but Ward is the only guy that has a chance to be truly above average.

Id put them at between 5-8 wins.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the oline is actually pretty damn solid beside having to sort out LT. The guards are greaet with Bitonio and Zeitler--- among the beest in the league. Tretter is a respectable center and Hubbard a respectable right tackle. They took Corbett with the 1st pick of the 2nd round and he will be a very good guard or center- they are trying him at left tackle but i dont think he has the athleticism to stick there.

Too bad JT couldnt have lasted another year or two and got to play for a good team. If Joe Thomas was on this team teh line would be top 5 in the NFL. Now- its around middle of the pack.....good but not great.

Browns linebackers are even pretty damn good with Jaime Collins, Christian Kirksey, Joe Schobert and that asshole they just signed from the Eagles.

their weak points are DT and safety and their corners are at least respectable now but Ward is the only guy that has a chance to be truly above average.

Id put them at between 5-8 wins.

JT retiring is why I mentioned the line. You have a question mark at the biggest position on the o-line.