• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals. Cleveland vs. Golden State...

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats-all-folks.jpg

yep, this shit's a wrap, like Mecca said 2 days ago...

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put down the hateraide fake narrative.

The Warriors played great tonight. They are more than just one player.
6 of their 8 top minutes guys shot 50% or better. That is great team shooting.

Nobody on the planet is beating GS when so many diffrent guys are shooting well.
GS will always have at least one superstar shooting well, even if others are off.

GS loses when all those other non-stars struggle.
Tonight was probably their finest hour in all of the 4 series in this rivalry.

The game was probably decided by the awesome play of McGee in my opinion. McGee was a very unsung hero.
His domination of the early 3rd quarter changed the entire game. That rattled the Cavs defense.

Shaq will never be able to really make fun of him again.
I've been calling for JaVale ALL SERIES

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He won the game. Cavs came out with the game plan of stopping Curry from killing them and Durant saw a lot of 1 on 1's with no help. It really isn't fair having two guys who can just kill you from range. Who do you trap?
3/4 guys that can kill you.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know what happened with Javale McGee

You can argue he helped turn around game 1 and game 2

And his 3rd quarter tonight was the thing that left Cleveland confused and doubting themselves on defense.

His minutes have been far more valuable than a simple box score.

He is shooting 82% for the series AND playing good defense.

Kerr seems to have a knack for unleashing him in very controlled and important minutes.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I picked the Warriors in a sweep, and it looks like we're headed that way...but you could make the case that this should be
2-1 Cavs. Obviously Game 1, and then this game...the supporting cast plays well, Steph and Klay play like hot garbage, and Javele Mcgee was tied for the 3rd leading scorer, scoring 1 pt less than a 2 time MVP. You gotta win those games

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron is basically gleaming about the SPURS during his press conference.
IT seems a bit odd that he is suddenly praising SA during the press conference in a CLE/GS game.

Why would he purposely single out SA.
He is throwing shade at his own coach and teammates mental prowess by subtle comparison.

The Lebron to San Antonio thing is going to start picking up steam in the media cycle.
It makes a lot of sense, and it is a perfect fit.

The local media and Spurs twitterverse is already buying their Lebron Jerseys like foolish idiots.
I give it a small 20% chance up from 0% a few days ago.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know what happened with Javale McGee

You can argue he helped turn around game 1 and game 2

And his 3rd quarter tonight was the thing that left Cleveland confused and doubting themselves on defense.

His minutes have been far more valuable than a simple box score.

He is shooting 82% for the series AND playing good defense.

Kerr seems to have a knack for unleashing him in very controlled and important minutes.
Lebron is basically gleaming about the SPURS during his press conference.
IT seems a bit odd that he is suddenly praising SA during the press conference in a CLE/GS game.

Why would he purposely single out SA.
He is throwing shade at his own coach and teammates mental prowess by subtle comparison.

The Lebron to San Antonio thing is going to start picking up steam in the media cycle.
It makes a lot of sense, and it is a perfect fit.

The local media and Spurs twitterverse is already buying their Lebron Jerseys like foolish idiots.
I give it a small 20% chance up from 0% a few days ago.

Spurs already have a much younger, less good version of James, with the much younger trumping the talent. Why the hell would they want to dump Leonard? The guy's a stud and throwing him and James on the court at the same time is subtraction by addition.

James problem right now is there just isn't a team that fits him right now. The only place I could see him putting a team over the top is OKC. Westbrook is batshit crazy, won't put up with any of James shit, and can ball. I'd be more worried about James ending up there over any other team.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curry was just bad. I didn't see any defensive adjustments by the Cavs. Hell, Bell had a good offensive game because Cleveland kept leaving him open on the pick and roll.

He missed a few shots sure but the Cavs were doing a great job away from the ball, roughing him up on cuts and disrupting a lot of the action that frees him and gets GS's offense going. Fortunately for them, they can just go to the best plan B of all time; Kevin Durant

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched SVP's show after the game and I'm not fan of Stephen A Smith and usually just tune him out whenever he pops up, but tonight he just pissed me off. He just exposed himself as the hack he's always been so I felt like pointing it out. He's out here trashing Ty Lue as if he's the worst coach ever and single handedly lost the game because he wouldn't double team Kevin Durant. He just could understand why. Um...do you watch the Warriors? You don't double team Durant because KLAY THOMPSON AND STEPH CURRY ARE ALSO ON THE FLOOR. This is basic basketball understanding. You double Durant, you just fucked up your floor balance and given the green light for the Warriors to find two of the best 3 point shooters of all time a wide open shot. And if Iggy is on the floor with Draymond and you double him, you've got two guys that can slip and score or slip and pass. It is straight up death to hard double Durant every time like he suggested.

For fuck's sake, that's such a stupid suggestion and to trash Ty Lue as if he's some moron for not doing it is laughable. If you want to point out why they kept switching lesser defenders onto KD when a switch wasn't necessary (like why are you switching Lebron for Rodney Hood?), that's more than fair. But not this. My reaction to his nonsense :stephena:

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Livingston, Iguodala, McGee, and Bell played out of their minds.

36 points on 16-21 shooting combined with 2 total turnovers from those guys.

The Warriors roleplayers played the best they probably played all season.

Durant had a lot of help. He just did not get it from the expected sources is all.

Those guys played great, but I don' think that playing out of their minds is the right way to describe it. Those guys got a ton of easy looks because of all the attention on Curry, Klay, and Durant. All McGee has to do is dunk the ball.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those guys played great, but I don' think that playing out of their minds is the right way to describe it. Those guys got a ton of easy looks because of all the attention on Curry, Klay, and Durant. All McGee has to do is dunk the ball.

Not meaning to make it sound like a cliché but...
They are the epitome of T.E.A.M. (Together Everyone Achieves More)
A finely tuned, well oiled machine that's built for precision..and when all cylinders are firing...it's a lot of fun to witness, especially if you happen to be a fan of theirs.
I wasn't a fan of those Celtics,Lakers,Pistons,Bulls,Spurs, or Heat teams of the past....but they were sort of at that same level back then too...and as a fan of another team I was envious.

Last edited:

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Any game where McGee doesn't get blocked by the rim is a good game for him.