• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals. Cleveland vs. Golden State...

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defintely don't have to be set. In fact, defenders rarely are.

The best indicator of block/charge as described to me by college level refs is if the defender takes the contact in the middle of his chest it is a charge. Square contact implies the defender beat him to the spot whether he is moving or not.

On that play, LeBron got to the spot in time, but he did not take the contact squarely because he was still moving his torso to close the gap between he and the other defender.

I agree. But once the ref ruled charge, that's not a reviewable offense. It's only reviewable to determined if bron was on the restricted area. And he wasnt so the original rule should have stood.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not in the moment at all. But in his postgame he def did.
Was he supposed to say something different in the postgame interview? Did anyone really expect him to?

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know. Hopefully, they will exercise some of the discretion that they used in not suspending Love.

Technically speaking, should Tristan be suspended. Yes.

However, technically speaking, so should Love.

What Draymond did was definitely worse. But given the situation, also understandable (I'm sure Dray wasn't talking about where they were gonna have dinner after the game. lol).

But the game wasn't particularly chippy before that all happened, the players were separated and the whole thing ended pretty quickly.
the problem I see with it is that once TT was tossed he should've left the floor immediately. He didn't do that & in fact made his way back to the center of the court.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defintely the second one.

Because the score was tied. And if JR just said he wanted to get the ball to LeBron, I get passing up that shot.
LBJ was pissed because he was tired - and probably knew another 5 min of play was going to favor GS.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the problem I see with it is that once TT was tossed he should've left the floor immediately. He didn't do that & in fact made his way back to the center of the court.

I really hope he's not suspended though.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be shocked if Thompson got suspended for the "phantom flagrant two foul" but not for his shoving the ball in Green's face and challenging Green to meet him in the tunnel.
LOL @ your avi

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I contested a shot that shouldn't have been taken," Thompson said after the game. "I mean, it's like the unspoken rule in the NBA: If you're up 10 or 11 with about 20 seconds left, you don't take that shot. I make the contest, and next thing I know, I was being kicked out for a good contest that we learn in training camp. I don't know why I got thrown out."

The league is still reviewing Thompson's actions. If Thompson is suspended, it will be announced later Friday, a league source told ESPN.
So why contest it if it doesn't matter anyway? He was being ornery & it bit him in the arse.
See unfortunately for him, other teams are coached to "not turn the ball over"...even in that situation & he has no say-so in that.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So why contest it if it doesn't matter anyway? He was being ornery & it bit him in the arse.
See unfortunately for him, other teams are coached to "not turn the ball over"...even in that situation & he has no say-so in that.

and it's not like it wasn't game 1 of the NBA Finals or anything..... Nope... Not at all

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and it's not like it wasn't game 1 of the NBA Finals or anything..... Nope... Not at all
It wasn't like his contest was going to change the outcome or anything....nope...Not at all.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. But once the ref ruled charge, that's not a reviewable offense. It's only reviewable to determined if bron was on the restricted area. And he wasnt so the original rule should have stood.
That's wrong. Because the play was directly related to the reason for review they had EVERY reason to over turn the call once they realized what happened.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draymond isn't a tough guy he's a straight up troll. Like Rodman or Laimbeer, he's actively trying to get in the other team's heads. It's enraging unless he's on your team.
And clearly it works on mental midgets....

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't like his contest was going to change the outcome or anything....nope...Not at all.

exactly, he acted like a spoiled child!

Reactions: LAD

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only problem here is there wasn't officially two different calls. The ref that was going to call a blocking foul never finished his motion & ended up not making a call at all prior to the review.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shut the fuck up Lad, you make this thread dumber with every shit post you make.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shut the fuck up Lad, you make this thread dumber with every shit post you make.
lol have several seats low life.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is the problem with the rule though. They can look at it if there was doubt about whether the defender was in the restricted area.

The only people who never for certain whether the officials had legitimate doubt or not are the officials themselves. No, LeBron wasn't close to the restricted area. But, it is possible that they weren't sure of that. It is also possible they used the restricted area loophole to see whether LeBron was in legal guarding position.

The rule needs to change. Officials either need to be able to review judgement calls or not. The restricted area nonsense is garbage.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is the problem with the rule though. They can look at it if there was doubt about whether the defender was in the restricted area.

The only people who never for certain whether the officials had legitimate doubt or not are the officials themselves. No, LeBron wasn't close to the restricted area. But, it is possible that they weren't sure of that. It is also possible they used the restricted area loophole to see whether LeBron was in legal guarding position.

The rule needs to change. Officials either need to be able to review judgement calls or not. The restricted area nonsense is garbage.
I think another possibility was Green did have one foot in that restricted area, and they might not have known whose foot that was at the time.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol have several seats low life.
Wow, that was really clever. Why don't you post a few more pages of absolute bullshit, we're all dying to hear more hot takes from a chick who roots for half the league.