• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals. Cleveland vs. Golden State...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, you don't have to be set. You can still be moving and still get a charge call.

Defintely don't have to be set. In fact, defenders rarely are.

The best indicator of block/charge as described to me by college level refs is if the defender takes the contact in the middle of his chest it is a charge. Square contact implies the defender beat him to the spot whether he is moving or not.

On that play, LeBron got to the spot in time, but he did not take the contact squarely because he was still moving his torso to close the gap between he and the other defender.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking there is 100% chance Tristan is getting suspended

I don't know. Hopefully, they will exercise some of the discretion that they used in not suspending Love.

Technically speaking, should Tristan be suspended. Yes.

However, technically speaking, so should Love.

What Kardashian did was definitely worse. But given the situation, also understandable (I'm sure Dray wasn't talking about where they were gonna have dinner after the game. lol).

But the game wasn't particularly chippy before that all happened, the players were separated and the whole thing ended pretty quickly.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's worse. JR Smith thinking the game was tied and passing up a wide open put back? Or thinking Cavs were ahead and bringing it out?

Defintely the second one.

Because the score was tied. And if JR just said he wanted to get the ball to LeBron, I get passing up that shot.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just rewatched the JR Smith boneheaded, "I thought we had the lead" play and I really was wondering....

"wtf Durant..... do you NOT know how to box out?!!?" He didn't even attempt to block Smith out

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope neither gets suspended TBH. It's the finals, shit happens. Again unless it's super egregious, fine him at worst and move on.

The only interesting thing here is really Love's situation. This exact situation happened with the Suns and Spurs with Robert Horry and Steve Nash. The NBA suspended Amare (maybe someone else too) for the following game after leaving the bench. They didn't even join in the altercation.

That would be a huge slap in the face to that Suns team.
I'd be shocked if Thompson got suspended for the "phantom flagrant two foul" but not for his shoving the ball in Green's face and challenging Green to meet him in the tunnel.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just rewatched the JR Smith boneheaded, "I thought we had the lead" play and I really was wondering....

"wtf Durant..... do you NOT know how to box out?!!?" He didn't even attempt to block Smith out
He had a really poor game all around but did manage to hit those two big free throws at the end.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had a really poor game all around but did manage to hit those two big free throws at the end.

it wasn't his best that's for sure but no one on the Warriors really shot the ball well and clearly NO ONE on the Warriors rebounded!

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I contested a shot that shouldn't have been taken," Thompson said after the game. "I mean, it's like the unspoken rule in the NBA: If you're up 10 or 11 with about 20 seconds left, you don't take that shot. I make the contest, and next thing I know, I was being kicked out for a good contest that we learn in training camp. I don't know why I got thrown out."

The league is still reviewing Thompson's actions. If Thompson is suspended, it will be announced later Friday, a league source told ESPN.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draymond tries way too hard. What are we in? High School? "Everyone knows you're a tough guy man".

Charles Barkley was 100%. Someone needs to punch him. What Tristan did was a slap on the wrist. No one is going to do it tho.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draymond tries way too hard. What are we in? High School? "Everyone knows you're a tough guy man".

Charles Barkley was 100%. Someone needs to punch him. What Tristan did was a slap on the wrist. No one is going to do it tho.
Draymond isn't a tough guy he's a straight up troll. Like Rodman or Laimbeer, he's actively trying to get in the other team's heads. It's enraging unless he's on your team.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly that will be hard. Cavs have a major advantage over them.

Love, Nance, TT, & Lebron are better at rebounding than anyone on Golden State
And they've managed to beat them 2 out of the last 3 times with those guys rebounding sans Nance.

#NotWorriedOneBit

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was said shortly after the game ended that TT can't get suspended for shoving the ball in that jackass Draymond's face because he was kicked outta the game before it happened.
That would actually be the reason he WOULD be suspended. He was already thrown out, so issuing a tech at that point is pointless, next level of punishment is suspension.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3