• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA Draft Thread

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't seen one of these yet, and I'm really wanting to see what everyone's thoughts are.

As a Cavs fan, we've been really, really busy in terms of trying to make some moves. We've had 2 considerable offers made, one turned down: the #1 pick, Dion Waiters and Tristan Thompson for Kevin Love. Rumors came out today that we also had another offer out of the #1 to New Orleans for the #6, Greivis Vazquez and next year's #1. I don't know why NO would take that, but it was out there.

Anyone else hearing interesting rumors?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn! Minny turned that down. Two guys under 21 with high potential, plus a #1.

I am still leaning towards trading the #1 or getting Porter and waiting on Free Agency.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard today from Chad Ford that Minny is trying like hell to get into the Top 5 to take Mclemore or Oladipo. He seems to think that's the most likely of all rumored trades for any teams to go down.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Noel
2. Oladipo
3. McClemore (in a trade)
4. Len
5. Chaos

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read the Cleveland is now considering Oladipo at #1. Very interesting.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Noel
2. Oladipo
3. McClemore (in a trade)
4. Len
5. Chaos

Did you hear anything about what the Wizards would get in return for a deal here? Or is this just speculation?

Triplexxx23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Victor Oladipo reminds me so much like D-Wade. He has that same fast explosive drive to the basket. A nice crossover to create a space for his jump shot. And defends the ball the same with the chase down block shots. I think if he works hard and have the right coaches surrounding him. He can be a star in this league.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OMG TAKE KEVIN LOVE!!!!

or the other option is pretty good.

This draft is not that great which just puts that much more emphasis on getting great talent rather than maybe's.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OMG TAKE KEVIN LOVE!!!!

or the other option is pretty good.

This draft is not that great which just puts that much more emphasis on getting great talent rather than maybe's.

Kevin Love is pretty overrated.

I have heard from a very reliable source that the Timberwolves coaching staff and players can't stand Kevin Love. He is only interested in his stats and he is a miserable teammate.

Unless the Cavs are trying to make their own Uncle Drew videos, they would be giving up far too much for a good player who can't stay healthy and does not seem to care about his teammates.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have heard from a very reliable source that the Timberwolves coaching staff and players can't stand Kevin Love. He is only interested in his stats and he is a miserable teammate.

Unless the Cavs are trying to make their own Uncle Drew videos, they would be giving up far too much for a good player who can't stay healthy and does not seem to care about his teammates.

That changes everything.

I though he had a tiff with Twolves management about his team not being competitive?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That changes everything.

I though he had a tiff with Twolves management about his team not being competitive?

I know for a fact that the coaching staff would be more than happy to move on without him. Of course, none of this can be made public or they kill his trade value.

I am guessing that the Wolves offered that deal to the Cavs? That would fill a bunch of holes for them.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard today from Chad Ford that Minny is trying like hell to get into the Top 5 to take Mclemore or Oladipo. He seems to think that's the most likely of all rumored trades for any teams to go down.

Heard that, too. They are offering the 9, 26 and Derrick Williams. If I'm the Cavs and they offer that for the #1, I'm on that like flies on shit. Then they could package the 19, 26, 31 and 33 in some way to either maybe move up or use some of them in a package to get someone like Deng. I'm also very much on the Cody Zeller wagon. His game reminds me of LaMarcus Aldridge a lot.

Just read the Cleveland is now considering Oladipo at #1. Very interesting.

I think that's a smokescreen to try and get out. They have been "considering" about 7 guys now, but ultimately I think they are just desperately trying to trade out.

I'd believe it. I was so glad they turned down Cleveland's trade. Thompson is going to breakout this year, IMO. He has the tools to be an 18/10 guy, and Waiters is an explosive scorer, whether starting or off the bench. He's a great asset for them to keep. Love has too many injury issues, as well.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know for a fact that the coaching staff would be more than happy to move on without him. Of course, none of this can be made public or they kill his trade value.

I am guessing that the Wolves offered that deal to the Cavs? That would fill a bunch of holes for them.

No, the Cavs offered it and were turned down. Thankfully.

Darth_Tom

a.k.a. theseeker88
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hearing that the Cavs should take Otto Porter out of Georgetown. Seems much more of a safer pick than Noel who has more red flags than a hurricane coming ashore. I'll buy the Cavaliers picking Oladipo.

In terms of my Celtics, they do have just only one pick in the draft in the 1st round at #16. if Michael Carter-Williams is still available I'd take him. Other than him there's been talk of the C's taking a foreign player. Personally if we're rebuilding why would we take some unknown player that could be high-risk.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hearing that the Cavs should take Otto Porter out of Georgetown. Seems much more of a safer pick than Noel who has more red flags than a hurricane coming ashore. I'll buy the Cavaliers picking Oladipo.

In terms of my Celtics, they do have just only one pick in the draft in the 1st round at #16. if Michael Carter-Williams is still available I'd take him. Other than him there's been talk of the C's taking a foreign player. Personally if we're rebuilding why would we take some unknown player that could be high-risk.

I don't know if the front office is that in love with Porter for some reason. I'm thinking they plan on addressing the SF position via trade.

Speaking of SF trades, it wouldn't shock me at all if Boston was able to unload Pierce tonight, which would likely result in more picks, but where do you guys start at this point?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you hear anything about what the Wizards would get in return for a deal here? Or is this just speculation?
Oh, I'm totally just guessing.

Chad Ford basically says that:
-Cleveland doesn't think that any player in this draft should start for them next year
-the Magic are taking Noel or Oladipo

So I'm guessing that the Cavs will take Noel and work him in as a project if they can't get someone to trade up. But I don't think people are interested in trading up for Noel, I think teams want to trade up for a SG but it remains to be seen if they actually trade up all the way to #1.

The rumor mill generally points to Anthony Bennett at #3 and that the Bobcats are shopping MKG (weak draft stigma should leave shortly if this happens) at #4 and want to take Otto Porter. McClemore to the Suns then seems pretty logical. The knock on McClemore is that he doesn't look ready mentally for the NBA but the Suns need talent. Bennett at 3 could be a smokescreen but the eyeball test says that he could absolutely be the third pick.

So actually, my top 5 is:

1. Noel
2. Oladipo
3. Bennett
4. Porter
5. McClemore

I think Burke and McCollum will slip a little.

Darth_Tom

a.k.a. theseeker88
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if the front office is that in love with Porter for some reason. I'm thinking they plan on addressing the SF position via trade.

Speaking of SF trades, it wouldn't shock me at all if Boston was able to unload Pierce tonight, which would likely result in more picks, but where do you guys start at this point?

I wouldn't be surprised either if Pierce got traded/released either. At this point in the rebuilding process we could go with any position be it a big man, forward, or a point guard. At this point in time we could go with a point guard that would be a backup to Rondo should he re injure himself. It was the loss of Rondo that killed us towards the rest of the season.

Should we decide to go with a big man that can play inside and get boards for us while become the defensive captain that would help us out tremendously.

I'll be intrigued to see what Danny Ainge does. I believe in him but I'm not sure if this draft is as good later into the 1st round.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't realize that Cody Zeller had such a laughable wingspan. No wonder he is considered soft...he won't be able to get his shot off at the NBA level. Alex Len is a much better prospect considering that he only started playing basketball a couple of years ago according to his 'job skills' interview.