• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA Current Player Draft Chat

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My wife is a ER nurse and also played catcher growing up. Her advice is continue letting him play catcher. She suggests that he uses are knee savers it's a triangle shape piece that goes behind the knee. She also suggests learning a another position just in case he starts feeling knee pain so the transition won't be tough. Lastly start doing strength training especially on the legs to prevent injury. By eating healthy will keep the weight off the legs, and strength training will keep them flex able and strong for the season. Good luck with your decision.

I figured she was the athlete in the family.:lol:

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe Team H (27) would win if it remains a tie because he had the lower score then Team A (34).

Nos correct or wrong like usual?

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the other Hoop league I started I asked people to use their Hoop names and some have and when we draft i'll ask the rest to change their name...

I tried changing mine to Gandy when I signed up and last night also. It tells me when I hit save I need a valid e-mail....Ironically I clicked on the link last night from a e-mail yahoo sent me to my yahoo account. I shall keep trying.
as of now I am still Kevin's rad team which it gave me all by itself

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Semi Final votes

Game 1: Team H (9 votes) VSTeam A (9 votes). Winner H (rankings)

Game 2: Team D (10 votes) VSTeam E (8 votes) Winner D

Game 3: Team J (10 votes) VSTeam B (8 votes) Winner J

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams that made it to the finals have till 5pm to submit their lineup to Nos or their previous lineup will be used.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Semi Final votes

Game 1: Team H (9 votes) VSTeam A (9 votes). Winner H (rankings)

Game 2: Team D (10 votes) VSTeam E (8 votes) Winner D

Game 3: Team J (10 votes) VSTeam B (8 votes) Winner J

So, what this really means is that my team is as good as any (lost 8-9, tied 9-9), just not better than any. I wonder how many of the 17 votes I got were because of LeBron love, and how many of the 18 votes I got were because of LeBron hate?

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id much rather have it before 5:00, like how about right now??? So I can post the Championship...

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id much rather have it before 5:00, like how about right now??? So I can post the Championship...

Once 500 responds about his lineup sure. Just want to avoid last incident we had where no notice was given. I've sent you my lineup.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I PM'd him to let me know if he wanted changes!

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I PM'd him to let me know if he wanted changes!

I sent you and him a joint PM about the same thing at noon. Did you not get it? I believe it was 500 and myself who are the only ones who brought up the lineup changes so I really don't want to do it twice to him. We have plenty of time to hold the finals. How about closing ends Wednesday at noon so we can insure lots of votes?

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, what this really means is that my team is as good as any (lost 8-9, tied 9-9), just not better than any. I wonder how many of the 17 votes I got were because of LeBron love, and how many of the 18 votes I got were because of LeBron hate?

I agree with you that you properly did have a Top 3 team but Lebron might have hurt you a little by all the Miami/Laker haters on James out there. Now if I had the 1st pick in the draft I also wouldn't hesitate to take LJ. Very nice team Stoke. :clap:

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definetly catcher I think

I've never seen anyone I've played with get knee problems from it. Knee savers are great and it would take a ton of time for that to be a problem.

My wife is a ER nurse and also played catcher growing up. Her advice is continue letting him play catcher. She suggests that he uses are knee savers it's a triangle shape piece that goes behind the knee. She also suggests learning a another position just in case he starts feeling knee pain so the transition won't be tough. Lastly start doing strength training especially on the legs to prevent injury. By eating healthy will keep the weight off the legs, and strength training will keep them flex able and strong for the season. Good luck with your decision.

For a boy that's in TBall, I think the best thing you can do without question moving forward is play him at every position on the field. As he gets older, it will be easier to project him to a position depending on his frame, speed and arm strength. When he gets to kid pitch, working as a pitcher will help build his arm strength. The thing about playing multiple positions is that it gives you a better chance to make varsity at an early age. What if when he gets to HS, they already have a Soph All State Catcher? My 16 year old was was primarily my 2nd baseman in Select, but when he got to HS, he made varsity as a Freshman, but played LF, CF, 3B, 1B that year before moving to 2nd. He's made all district twice and all East Texas once, at different positions. Next year coach is moving him to SS. No matter what, I think you should always let your boy catch some, because having the ability to catch and play other spots is a huge asset. Just no pitching and catching on the same day IMO. Good Luck to the little fella

Thanks Guys!!! Very sound advice... Having had knee reconstruction, knees are always a scary thing for me... The muti-position sounds very smart... My thinking was focus on 1 spot and be the best he can be there without wasting time learning a position you'll never play... Unlike football where a big guy will never play QB or RB type of thing, or in Basketball a short guy will never play C or PF... That doesn't really fit here... I mean you mention frame and speed obviously a big slow guy won't play CF, but he is fast and as of now he's got a solid frame but not overweight and is pretty tall for his age... I will keep all of this in mind going forward... So from here forward he will be a catcher with a minor in every other position...:lol:

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I will confess I voted strongly against a Lebron Rondo combo... I really like both in terms of skill, but I think they both need the ball way too much to have an impact without it... Meaning there strength work against each other... I'm really more of "how they fit" voter than a line by line voter... I believe when you pick these teams we are getting the best players with no salary cap, to do a roster vote takes away the fun of piecing a puzzle... IMO... Now an obvious roster being better from top to bottom of course, but when it's a close call, I like to see how the team works and how the bench would help... :suds:

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All lineups are in then. Nos do your magic.