• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA Current Player Draft Chat

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next draft Dynasty College Football Team. You draft the best college players ever. They do not have had to have a great or even good pro career.

Team sign up
1. Nos (Happy now that your first)
2. Ritz
3. UK

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have 3 polls going and so far ALL the games have a score of 9-8. This has been the #1 best match ups of ALLLLLLLLL the mock drafts we have done. Crazy how close these games have been.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 best college football players I've seen: Suh, Sproles, Pace

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since nobody is on topic I'd like to ask you guys a couple of questions, as it seems many of you are baseball guys... So my middle son Dash played catcher this year in tball... It's not actually catcher since there's no pitching, but he really enjoys it... He lead the entire league combined in outs at the plate, and he was possible the best catcher in the state tourney... So my question is this... Should I let him continue there, or move him... He has a very solid glove... His fielding is probably a 4 if we are rating up to five... In fact grounding 4, catching a throw 5, catching a line drive 4, pop ups 3, arm 3, speed 4... I ask because he just turned 6, and he LOVES baseball... If he wants to do this, I'm going to help as much as possible, I just think his overall skill set is closer to 2nd base maybe 3rd... But he loves catcher and I can't tell you how many coaches have come to me to say how good he is... Should I train him there...? Should I move him...? I ask because I don't know much about baseball... Only been into it for 3 years and it's almost all little league that I know... Plan on getting him into some camps but that's a little pricey right now so really I don't want to waste time on positions he won't play... Also the knees worry me about catcher as he gets older... Any thoughts...?:suds:

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since nobody is on topic I'd like to ask you guys a couple of questions, as it seems many of you are baseball guys... So my middle son Dash played catcher this year in tball... It's not actually catcher since there's no pitching, but he really enjoys it... He lead the entire league combined in outs at the plate, and he was possible the best catcher in the state tourney... So my question is this... Should I let him continue there, or move him... He has a very solid glove... His fielding is probably a 4 if we are rating up to five... In fact grounding 4, catching a throw 5, catching a line drive 4, pop ups 3, arm 3, speed 4... I ask because he just turned 6, and he LOVES baseball... If he wants to do this, I'm going to help as much as possible, I just think his overall skill set is closer to 2nd base maybe 3rd... But he loves catcher and I can't tell you how many coaches have come to me to say how good he is... Should I train him there...? Should I move him...? I ask because I don't know much about baseball... Only been into it for 3 years and it's almost all little league that I know... Plan on getting him into some camps but that's a little pricey right now so really I don't want to waste time on positions he won't play... Also the knees worry me about catcher as he gets older... Any thoughts...?:suds:

As you have seen from my posts I know very little on any sport but never shy to post something :L So as a newbie dad I suggest support what ever position your son enjoys the most even if he sucks at it. Its great that he doesn't suck at catching and that's something he enjoys so its a win win for you guys.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As you have seen from my posts I know very little on any sport but never shy to post something :L So as a newbie dad I suggest support what ever position your son enjoys the most even if he sucks at it. Its great that he doesn't suck at catching and that's something he enjoys so its a win win for you guys.

:suds:Yeah, you and I have the same mind set here actually... It would be a no brainer if the knees thing didn't worry me... The question there is, is that a real issue or am I projecting my knee problems onto him...:noidea:

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you guys decide to go with that Movie Characters draft let me know

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you guys decide to go with that Movie Characters draft let me know

Kind of a cool idea but i'd need to know exactly what we were trying to do... Maybe you explained it before and I just didn't notice or have already forgotten.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of a cool idea but i'd need to know exactly what we were trying to do... Maybe you explained it before and I just didn't notice or have already forgotten.

I presented a vague pitch for it. We can discuss it further and go into more detail after you guys finish the cfb draft

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Definetly catcher I think

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:suds:Yeah, you and I have the same mind set here actually... It would be a no brainer if the knees thing didn't worry me... The question there is, is that a real issue or am I projecting my knee problems onto him...:noidea:

I've never seen anyone I've played with get knee problems from it. Knee savers are great and it would take a ton of time for that to be a problem.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My wife is a ER nurse and also played catcher growing up. Her advice is continue letting him play catcher. She suggests that he uses are knee savers it's a triangle shape piece that goes behind the knee. She also suggests learning a another position just in case he starts feeling knee pain so the transition won't be tough. Lastly start doing strength training especially on the legs to prevent injury. By eating healthy will keep the weight off the legs, and strength training will keep them flex able and strong for the season. Good luck with your decision.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For a boy that's in TBall, I think the best thing you can do without question moving forward is play him at every position on the field. As he gets older, it will be easier to project him to a position depending on his frame, speed and arm strength. When he gets to kid pitch, working as a pitcher will help build his arm strength. The thing about playing multiple positions is that it gives you a better chance to make varsity at an early age. What if when he gets to HS, they already have a Soph All State Catcher? My 16 year old was was primarily my 2nd baseman in Select, but when he got to HS, he made varsity as a Freshman, but played LF, CF, 3B, 1B that year before moving to 2nd. He's made all district twice and all East Texas once, at different positions. Next year coach is moving him to SS. No matter what, I think you should always let your boy catch some, because having the ability to catch and play other spots is a huge asset. Just no pitching and catching on the same day IMO. Good Luck to the little fella

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rankings final totals... Remember Low is good... 1 pt for 1st place and 9 pts for 9th place.

TOTAL SCORES

STOKE : 34

UK : 45

TROJAN : 53

NOS : 32

WLK : 70

EHB : 48

500 : 27

LETHAL : 64

CLAYTON : 35

RITZ : 42

Because Clayton did not rank Stoke 7th or worse Stoke moves into round 2...

Remember in case of a tie it goes to who ever was ranked the highest (lowest score is best)

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Less than 2 hours left in voting for this round...