• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA championship: Celtics vs Mavs

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree, keep this team together and they can win multiple titles
May take some finesse, they are currently over the 2nd apron, approx $186M for 8 players plus the #30 pick. Another $2.5M for Brissett's player option and more cap holds for empty roster spots. Hauser and Queta have team options and Walsh is non-guaranteed, but they could add another $6M+ together.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK 4 out of 30 poorly run teams not trying...not that bad really

It also makes it harder for teams to sell off when you squeeze out their buyers market

Can’t sell off guys for picks when large portions of the real contenders can’t bid

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
May take some finesse, they are currently over the 2nd apron, approx $186M for 8 players plus the #30 pick. Another $2.5M for Brissett's player option and more cap holds for empty roster spots. Hauser and Queta have team options and Walsh is non-guaranteed, but they could add another $6M+ together.

Yeah Brissett is bad

My guess is they trade down from 30 for multipe 2s, especially after the bad trade for Springer

Js be surprised if Walsh or queta isn’t on the team next year

They will likely resign at least one of Tillman and Kornet

And extend white

They’ll be over for a while

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bulls and hawks right now, very happy to be medicore and not sell off or buy

Most teams will dip into the tax and then run back out shortly

I get not paying the tax to be bad but all this does is squeeze out the mid market guys
Bulls kind of tried - though it didn't work - making their deal for Vuc when they did, signing Ball in FA, etc. They strike me as a team that IF they could win they'd try pretty hard to do it. Might be wrong.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It also makes it harder for teams to sell off when you squeeze out their buyers market

Can’t sell off guys for picks when large portions of the real contenders can’t bid
Thus, no superteams like so many fans bitched about

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet the ratings say…

…we want super teams
Maybe those fans should stop bitching next time one emerges and stop ragging on guys who join up to form them.

Ratings seem to be driven by certain names still like LeBron and Curry. It will evolve, I'm not too worried about the NBA's financial situation.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all Durant's fault. If he could've just manned up and led his own team instead of coattail riding, are we in this place now?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well now the hot takes come out. They 'can' do that but multiple titles only really happen with superteams. People I'm sure said the same thing about Denver last year. I know I had them as strong contenders this year. And maybe they win another but you see how it goes, the other teams in the league aren't that far back of the ones who win titles now that there aren't superteams.

This does get back to what I said earlier though, the Celtics are not one but they are super-ish. They are stacked 1 through 6. Other teams have some work to do to catch up next year, so we'll see. I just don't think in this era of parity multiple titles will happen that often. Maybe Philly gets a 3rd star. Maybe OKC brings in a veteran piece and wins their title next year, or Minnesota. Lots will change.
Sure, they can bc they have the talent but it doesn't mean they will. One star moves to a contender and it changes things + Boston had a lot of luck with teams getting injured. They were the favorite regardless but 4-5 games series are a lot less wear and tear then tough 6-7 games series. It makes a huge difference. I don't expect them to win multiple but like I said, they have the talent. They had the talent in previous years too though but sometimes all it takes is winning that first to breakout. Definitely will be interesting with a handful of other young teams

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, they can bc they have the talent but it doesn't mean they will. One star moves to a contender and it changes things + Boston had a lot of luck with teams getting injured. They were the favorite regardless but 4-5 games series are a lot less wear and tear then tough 6-7 games series. It makes a huge difference. I don't expect them to win multiple but like I said, they have the talent. They had the talent in previous years too though but sometimes all it takes is winning that first to breakout. Definitely will be interesting with a handful of other young teams

They have basically a 3 year window starting this year to do it

After that guys start to fall off and become more expensive again

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, That dog doesn't know shit.
That last one didn't make it into a basket before the second try, so Dallas wins game 7 in overtime.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all Durant's fault. If he could've just manned up and led his own team instead of coattail riding, are we in this place now?
We have seen that he probably isn't capable of leading his own team to a title. He did the right thing, he got 2 FMVPs (and would have had 3 without the injuries) and we got to see one of the 4 best teams ever assembled.

And isn't 'this place' now better? No more superteams for you guys to bitch about. Parity, teams taking turns winning a title.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, they are better than Denver last year and the Warriors the year before, they have a shot. But in the new era I think it's unlikely

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have seen that he probably isn't capable of leading his own team to a title. He did the right thing, he got 2 FMVPs (and would have had 3 without the injuries) and we got to see one of the 4 best teams ever assembled.

And isn't 'this place' now better? No more superteams for you guys to bitch about. Parity, teams taking turns winning a title.

I hate it

I want a superteam

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate it

I want a superteam
I quite enjoyed when my team was the most recent one

And I'm enough of a fan of the NBA to appreciate the next one even if it's not the Ws. Seeing a basketball team playing at the highest possible level is fun, you didn't have to be a Bulls fan or Lakers fan or Celtics fan or Warriors fan to enjoy their superteams.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I quite enjoyed when my team was the most recent one

And I'm enough of a fan of the NBA to appreciate the next one even if it's not the Ws. Seeing a basketball team playing at the highest possible level is fun, you didn't have to be a Bulls fan or Lakers fan or Celtics fan or Warriors fan to enjoy their superteams.

That is a good thing for me.

Because the Wizards aren’t getting there in my lifetime.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're talking to a Lakers fan. Super teams have been their go-to, really. Not to the Warriors extent, but still...

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a good thing for me.

Because the Wizards aren’t getting there in my lifetime.
Yeah anyone who's a Wizards or Hornets fan needs to be a fan of the NBA in general to tune in