• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA All Star Draft Play-In 3 : Stoke vs EHB

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
STOKE

STARTERS
PG - Norm Van Lier - $3
PG/SG - Dennis Johnson - $5
SF - Larry Bird - $12
PF - Elvin Hayes - $12
C - Bill Russell - $12

BENCH
SG - Alvin Robertson - $4
SG - Hubert Davis - $0
SF - Bruce Bowen - $0
PF - Bobby Jones - $5
C - Manute Bol - $0

MONEY REMAINING - $0

VS

EHB

STARTERS
PG - Mark Price - $4
PG/SG - Earl Monroe - $4
SF - Paul Pierce - $10
PF - Tim Duncan - $15
C - Wilt Chamberlain - $13

BENCH
PG - Mookie Blaylock - $1
PG - K.C. Jones - $0
SF - Peja Stojakovic - $3
PF - Lamar Odom - $0
C - Marcus Camby - $0

MONEY REMAINING - $0

The rim will never be left unprotected with Duncan, Wilt, and Camby. And I have plenty of shooting to keep any of you from crashing in on Wilt or Duncan in the post - unless you want to just give a bunch of elite shooters the green light. On the bench I have perimeter defense, shooting, and rim protection.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stoke - 5
EHB - 7

Voted - Stoke, EHB, 500, Bolts, Ritz, Shane, Nos, Tlance, Milk, UK, WLK, Mebert

Last edited:

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Norm Van Lier vs. Mark Price
Dennis Johnson vs. Earl Monroe
Larry Bird vs. Paul Pierce
Elvin Hayes vs. Tim Duncan
Bill Russell vs. Wilt Chamberlain

My offense:

My offense is designed as a ball movement offense. Norm Van Lier (7.0 A/G), Dennis Johnson (5.0) and Larry Bird (6.3) were all known for their ability to pass, and Russell (4.0) wasn't so bad for a center either. If there's an open man - he'll be found. Obviously, Bird is a capable 3pt shooter, but Van Lier had good range on his jump shot for his time and Hayes and Johnson both possessed mid range shots. Obviously, Bird (24.3 career; 29.9 high) and Hayes (21.0; 28.7) are the two biggest scoring threats, but my other three starters were all mid range scorers - Van Lier (11.8; 16.0), Johnson (14.1; 19.5), Russell (15.1; 18.9).

My Defense:

This is my strength. I have some of the greatest defenders in NBA history. This is going to allow me to play a team defense instead of relying solely on individual one on ones the entire game/series/whatever people want to look at this as. 23 All-NBA defensive teams, with every player winning at least one - and Russell only having the award exist for his final season. Shot may not always be blocked (Hayes & Bird 6'9", Russell 6'10"), but shots will be contested and it'll be difficult to get clean shots, and with 3 guys with 10+ RPG for their careers, offensive rebounds will have to be earned. Also, Chamberlain v. Russell isn't as one sided as many would think. Russell kept Chamberlain significantly under his career scoring average (144 games against) and held Chamberlain to as many bad games as good games - so you can't just assume that Wilt can drop 40 and the rest is history.

Benches:

Hubert Davis vs. Mookie Blaylock
Alvin Robertson vs. K.C. Jones
Bruce Bowen vs. Peja Stojakovic
Bobby Jones vs. Lamar Odom
Manute Bol vs. Marcus Camby

My Bench:

Designed to allow my starters to always have 4 on the court at a time (as long as the situation calls for it). Robertson, Bowen and Jones are all elite defenders that will continue to give fits to opponents. Davis is the 3rd highest 3pt shooter by % in NBA history - and that is all that will be asked of him (and with him, I can have 3 shooters on the court at one time and still have rebounding and defense as well). Manute Bol is the only player to block 10% of all 2pt shots while he's on the court for an entire season - and he did it 5 times, he's there to provide 4 blocks and 6 fouls against Wilt.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stoker

Pack 500

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,380.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Bird is the difference here. EHB got a bad draw in that Stoke is one of the few teams with a front court that could compete with his. Stoke

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EHB

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Norm Van Lier vs. Mark Price
Dennis Johnson vs. Earl Monroe
Larry Bird vs. Paul Pierce
Elvin Hayes vs. Tim Duncan
Bill Russell vs. Wilt Chamberlain

My offense:

My offense is designed as a ball movement offense. Norm Van Lier (7.0 A/G), Dennis Johnson (5.0) and Larry Bird (6.3) were all known for their ability to pass, and Russell (4.0) wasn't so bad for a center either. If there's an open man - he'll be found. Obviously, Bird is a capable 3pt shooter, but Van Lier had good range on his jump shot for his time and Hayes and Johnson both possessed mid range shots. Obviously, Bird (24.3 career; 29.9 high) and Hayes (21.0; 28.7) are the two biggest scoring threats, but my other three starters were all mid range scorers - Van Lier (11.8; 16.0), Johnson (14.1; 19.5), Russell (15.1; 18.9).

My Defense:

This is my strength. I have some of the greatest defenders in NBA history. This is going to allow me to play a team defense instead of relying solely on individual one on ones the entire game/series/whatever people want to look at this as. 23 All-NBA defensive teams, with every player winning at least one - and Russell only having the award exist for his final season. Shot may not always be blocked (Hayes & Bird 6'9", Russell 6'10"), but shots will be contested and it'll be difficult to get clean shots, and with 3 guys with 10+ RPG for their careers, offensive rebounds will have to be earned. Also, Chamberlain v. Russell isn't as one sided as many would think. Russell kept Chamberlain significantly under his career scoring average (144 games against) and held Chamberlain to as many bad games as good games - so you can't just assume that Wilt can drop 40 and the rest is history.

Benches:

Hubert Davis vs. Mookie Blaylock
Alvin Robertson vs. K.C. Jones
Bruce Bowen vs. Peja Stojakovic
Bobby Jones vs. Lamar Odom
Manute Bol vs. Marcus Camby

My Bench:

Designed to allow my starters to always have 4 on the court at a time (as long as the situation calls for it). Robertson, Bowen and Jones are all elite defenders that will continue to give fits to opponents. Davis is the 3rd highest 3pt shooter by % in NBA history - and that is all that will be asked of him (and with him, I can have 3 shooters on the court at one time and still have rebounding and defense as well). Manute Bol is the only player to block 10% of all 2pt shots while he's on the court for an entire season - and he did it 5 times, he's there to provide 4 blocks and 6 fouls against Wilt.

I think this over states the shooting you have. I also think while you have a great defensive team, it won't match up well defensively with me. Because of my shooting your perimeter defenders will be forced to stay home on shooters and Duncan and Wilt just aren't gonna be stopped down low. I tried the pro Russell thing here before and I still think he's better than some do but there's no arguing wilt was better. Wilt shouldn't have a problem putting up 30 and 20 on him.

Pack 500

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,380.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this over states the shooting you have. I also think while you have a great defensive team, it won't match up well defensively with me. Because of my shooting your perimeter defenders will be forced to stay home on shooters and Duncan and Wilt just aren't gonna be stopped down low. I tried the pro Russell thing here before and I still think he's better than some do but there's no arguing wilt was better. Wilt shouldn't have a problem putting up 30 and 20 on him.

Funny story: First basketball draft I ever did here I picked Russell towards the end of the first round and was pumped thinking I was getting a steal. Then I realized he's worse owning here than cancer or the black plague lol. Got swept in the first round

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny story: First basketball draft I ever did here I picked Russell towards the end of the first round and was pumped thinking I was getting a steal. Then I realized he's worse owning here than cancer or the black plague lol. Got swept in the first round

Draft John Elway he is also popular

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yup I Did that in one of these drafts too lol. I have to say I don't think he's as great as I once did but calling him Rodman is mfing bonkers.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do love Larry Bird and think that he with his cast would be tough to beat but EHB has IMO the best PF & C of all-time and I have a slight lean for EHB winning this matchup. Wow this would be a amazing game to watch.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why do I feel like the Russell and Elway shots are both at me? lolzzz

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Offense always outshines defense. I wonder what people would've thought had I picked up Dr. J. like I thought to instead of Elvin Hayes - I just thought it would kill the defense and require me to rethink a good portion of my roster.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Timmy vs Hayes would be fun to watch... This is a very good match-up I gotta lean Stoke.