• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

nationally televised games

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always suspected it was something more direct. Most football fans in SoCal are Raiders and Chargers fans, two groups that hold no real love for the 49ers. I bet 49ers games just simply get low ratings down here because the majority of football fans in the area hate them and don't want to watch them.

Which leads to the local networks playing god awful matchups involving the Cardinals or NFC East teams.... because at least the fans will tune in to those games.

When I went to LA I met more 49ers fans than Raiders or Chargers fans.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty excited about the games being on tv since I don't have to watch the games on the computer.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Glad we're on Sunday night as the day games in SoCal are terrible tomorrow. Almost makes me want to subscribe to Redzone.

I wonder if they'll show us against the Jets next week in SoCal? CBS did in 98 because I remember running through the house like a madman when Hearst housed that run in OT.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad we're on Sunday night as the day games in SoCal are terrible tomorrow. Almost makes me want to subscribe to Redzone.

I wonder if they'll show us against the Jets next week in SoCal? CBS did in 98 because I remember running through the house like a madman when Hearst housed that run in OT.

That was one of the best runs in history, no homer.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
it wasn't too long ago when we were complaining about.......NOT being on TV? a team has to earn it and fortunately, the 49ers have. you can't get on TV - ie get respect - until your worth showing.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not sure if it will be on for you west coast guys probably depends on our record and the Jets record. But I know it will be on in sunny South Florida aka NY South :thumb:

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Thank you Charger fans for not going to Charger games.

I checked the guide on the TV earlier this week and it was Chargers vs Falcons on Fox and just checked it again now and it's changed to SF vs Minn thanks to the Chargers being blacked out.

Saved my Sunday because the CBS games are complete and utter garbage. Can't wait to see two 0-2 teams face off in that epic Chiefs Saints showdown and I totally didn't want to see Houston take on Denver and much rather see that Raiders team who got crushed by the Dolphins renew that rivalry with the Steelers.

But I do find it funny they black out the Chargers and Falcons game which actually wouldn't be a bad game to watch but not the lousy Chargers and Titans game last week. I can see why people drop $200 on Sunday Ticket now.