• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

nationally televised games

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I count 8 nationally televised 49ers games.
Nice. Like the glory days of the 49ers.

the506.com - NFL map index 2011

GB (1), DET (2), NYG (6), SEA (7), AZ (8), CHI (11), NO (12), NE (15)

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice. If this keeps up, I might not need NFL ticket next year.

j/k. I want all 16! :)

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with a possible hockey lock out, i'm holding off getting the sports pack up here in canada.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with a possible hockey lock out, i'm holding off getting the sports pack up here in canada.

I don't understand...if there's a hockey lockout, isn't now the safest time to get it? Or are you waiting for the "possible" to become a "definite"?

:peace:

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you're right but the broadcasting in southern california is weird as hell. Last year there were times when it was the 49ers game, or an NFC East or NFC North matchup... and they'd show those games instead of the 49ers game.

They also tend to choose cardinals home games over 49ers games. Even though the games against the Packers and Saints will probably be FOX's big matchup with Buck and Aikman calling the game... with the Cardinals playing at home at the same time, I wouldn't be shocked if FOX LA shows those games instead.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I hope you're right but the broadcasting in southern california is weird as hell. Last year there were times when it was the 49ers game, or an NFC East or NFC North matchup... and they'd show those games instead of the 49ers game.

They also tend to choose cardinals home games over 49ers games. Even though the games against the Packers and Saints will probably be FOX's big matchup with Buck and Aikman calling the game... with the Cardinals playing at home at the same time, I wouldn't be shocked if FOX LA shows those games instead.

I suspect that in SoCal if there's a Chargers game at the same time as a 49ers game sometimes they'll not show the 49ers game. I wonder if there's some NFL broadcasting rules between SoCal and Northern California teams?

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suspect that in SoCal if there's a Chargers game at the same time as a 49ers game sometimes they'll not show the 49ers game. I wonder if there's some NFL broadcasting rules between SoCal and Northern California teams?

I always suspected it was something more direct. Most football fans in SoCal are Raiders and Chargers fans, two groups that hold no real love for the 49ers. I bet 49ers games just simply get low ratings down here because the majority of football fans in the area hate them and don't want to watch them.

Which leads to the local networks playing god awful matchups involving the Cardinals or NFC East teams.... because at least the fans will tune in to those games.

ZepTepi

Factorem fata mea
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've been frustrated by that here in SoCal too! :frusty:

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand...if there's a hockey lockout, isn't now the safest time to get it? Or are you waiting for the "possible" to become a "definite"?

:peace:

its a package deal of all major sports per month.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I always suspected it was something more direct. Most football fans in SoCal are Raiders and Chargers fans, two groups that hold no real love for the 49ers. I bet 49ers games just simply get low ratings down here because the majority of football fans in the area hate them and don't want to watch them.

Which leads to the local networks playing god awful matchups involving the Cardinals or NFC East teams.... because at least the fans will tune in to those games.

There is a good portion of 49er fans in SoCal and LA but the problem is there is a good portion of Cowboy fans, Steeler fans, and Rams fans to go along with the Raiders and Chargers fans.

Which leads to the misconception that LA and SoCal isn't a football town. It's very much a football town it's just the fanbases are so fragmented that there isn't really a single team LA rallies around.

I think it comes down to Fox 11 here goes with the popular teams and match ups and in terms of popularity the NFC East wins a popularity contest. Also that's what Fox focuses on a national level as well so thus we get a disgusting amount of NFC East matchups.

If the 49ers sustain their success though I think that it will shift and we'll see far more 49er games. We saw more 49er games last season on Fox 11 than probably the last 8 years combined so they'll so the 49ers as long as they are relevant.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a good portion of 49er fans in SoCal and LA but the problem is there is a good portion of Cowboy fans, Steeler fans, and Rams fans to go along with the Raiders and Chargers fans.

Which leads to the misconception that LA and SoCal isn't a football town. It's very much a football town it's just the fanbases are so fragmented that there isn't really a single team LA rallies around.

I think it comes down to Fox 11 here goes with the popular teams and match ups and in terms of popularity the NFC East wins a popularity contest. Also that's what Fox focuses on a national level as well so thus we get a disgusting amount of NFC East matchups.

If the 49ers sustain their success though I think that it will shift and we'll see far more 49er games. We saw more 49er games last season on Fox 11 than probably the last 8 years combined so they'll so the 49ers as long as they are relevant.

So true, when I lived near Qualcomm... a lot of Cowboys and Steelers fans seemed to show up for Chargers games too.

Who knows why it is, but we as 49ers fans all suffer because some cockbag at Fox 11 goes out of his/her way to show anything but 49ers games. I just hope there is a legitimate reason for it, you know? Cause if it is just because they hate the 49ers... what a punk.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since i live in AZ and the Cards play just about the same time as we always do, i rarely get them on tv.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Fox 11 in Los Angeles even get to pick what they broadcast, or does some a-hole suit in some NFL office tell them what game they are going to get?

I think it's the latter.

I honestly don't know, but I'd feel like the station manager gets some input on what is broadcasted. Don't know if it mattered, but last year myself and some others from here emailed them about showing the 49ers VS Lions game over some crappy matchup they wanted to show instead. Either that helped....

Or the suit from the NFL office pulled his head out of his ass and realized the matchup of two undefeated teams was much more entertaining than a battle of crappy teams.