• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

National Signing Day/tomorrow

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State has the pedigree for DBs, but the kid can probably play a lot sooner at Utah, and it’s not like they’re a terrible program

Yeah probably can play sooner but what some kids don't take into consideration is development and coaching can be more important than playing time. The coaches will have you ready but that being said, it's not like he went to a bad school. Still a very good school and good program.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State has the pedigree for DBs, but the kid can probably play a lot sooner at Utah, and it’s not like they’re a terrible program
@Shanemansj13 basically put it perfectly. Early playing time is nice (and for the record, OSU is losing 4 starting defensive backs from this year most likely), but development means more. Sure, Utah isn't a terrible program, but they've never been known for producing defensive backs. I hope it works out for him, seemed like a good kid, just doesn't seem to make much sense.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, there's not always a big difference between 4 Star and 5 Star players. The recruiting services suck, and I tend to trust the coaches more. If they want someone, they're a 5 Star player. Travis Etienne was a 3 Star as was Isaiah Simmons and Logan Rudolph (Clemson's best defensive end). Lincoln Riley is a really good coach, and if he wanted those guys, they're probably pretty damn good. Wasn't Baker Mayfield a 3 star player too and Lamb a 4 Star?
The right 5 star at the right position can win you a championship.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The right 5 star at the right position can win you a championship.
They can put a team over the top but they aren't winning the title alone. You couldn't put Justin Fields at Kansas and win the national title. You couldn't put Trevor Lawrence at Wake Forest and win one either.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can put a team over the top but they aren't winning the title alone. You couldn't put Justin Fields at Kansas and win the national title. You couldn't put Trevor Lawrence at Wake Forest and win one either.
Not everyone can be a Vince Young or a Cam.