• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

National Signing Day is coming up.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait till you see last year’s OU class with a QB that can actually throw the ball. 3 of the top 5 WR’s depending on what service you follow.

Pretty comparable to Ohio St's 2020 WR's. Ohio St also got the #2 WR in Wilson last year who played quite a bit as a freshman and also the #13 WR

#1 WR
#3 WR
#11 WR

I guess our teams have TOO many WR's. RB might be the weak position this year unfortunately unless some 2019 young guys step up

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The early signing date leads too often to (a) coaches who recruited the kid leaving before the kid even enrolls in that school, (b) current players deciding to stay for another year instead of going pro after kids have signed thinking they were going to be able to immediately compete for those positions and (c) late season/bowl game injuries and suspensions upsetting a team's plans for which kids they need to sign. Disillusionment and buyer's remorse often set in after the early signing day and too many kids then start playing the transfer portal game in their minds and are not absolutely committed mentally and emotionally to the school where they signed. Who knows how much this plays into drug usage, other off-field bad behavior and a general poor attitude toward class attendance, discipline, etc.? Early signing was a great idea that has too many unintended bad results. Screw the coaches; they are getting paid enough to sweat it out another couple of months on the recruiting trail and stay on their toes.

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty comparable to Ohio St's 2020 WR's. Ohio St also got the #2 WR in Wilson last year who played quite a bit as a freshman and also the #13 WR

#1 WR
#3 WR
#11 WR

I guess our teams have TOO many WR's. RB might be the weak position this year unfortunately unless some 2019 young guys step up

My guess is a young guy will step up.

Honestly, in my lifetime I can’t recall many seasons in which you guys lacked a solid running game.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Florida has several prospects that can bring a strong closure to the class, but typically these tend to not go the way of the good guys. We will see.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its really is amazing how dumb these kids are, they throw away all their leverage. I have no idea why a high 4/5 star kid would sign early. The best part is they sign early and then cry their position coach left. I don’t think the coaches imagined the first signing day would become the big day.
The best part is, they don't have to sign at all and can still be a scholarship athlete.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An athlete does not need to sign a NOLI in order to accept an athletic scholarship.
But couldn't he lose his spot without singing? For example, if a program can give out only 15, and he doesn't sign, they could sign someone else.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Georgia might be done save a low end recruit or two. 23 was the number I was hearing, we’re at 21 to go with 3 transfers

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But couldn't he lose his spot without singing? For example, if a program can give out only 15, and he doesn't sign, they could sign someone else.
Yes. That is a possibility.

Here's a good reference:

Signing the NLI FAQs

Am I required to sign a NLI?

No. You are not required to sign an NLI but many prospective student-athletes sign because they want to create certainty in the recruiting process. Specifically, by signing an NLI, you agree to attend the institution for one year in exchange for the institution's promise, in writing, to provide you athletics financial aid for the entire academic year. Simply, by signing an NLI you are given an award including athletics aid for the upcoming academic year provided you are admitted to the institution and you are eligible for athletics aid under NCAA rules. Furthermore, by signing an NLI you effectively end the recruiting process. Once you sign an NLI, a recruiting ban goes into effect and you may no longer be recruited by any other NLI school..

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait till you see last year’s OU class with a QB that can actually throw the ball. 3 of the top 5 WR’s depending on what service you follow.

Uh, defense?