• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

National anthem protests

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too. Anxious to see what Porzingus can do in year two Hell, I might even learn to spell his name properly. Met Phil Jackson last night. He attended an event in my facility. Only about 100 people there so he really stood out. Still can't forgive him for the Bulls though.
Hahaha

I would imagine there aren't too many places where he wouldn't stand out. And I hope you didn't get on him too bad about those Bulls. :D

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahaha

I would imagine there aren't too many places where he wouldn't stand out. And I hope you didn't get on him too bad about those Bulls. :D

I was working so I have to be professional. He took a picture with our sound guy and if I wasn't working I would have gotten in on that but I have to play my part. This whole "respectable professional" thing is getting really old.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too. Anxious to see what Porzingus can do in year two Hell, I might even learn to spell his name properly. Met Phil Jackson last night. He attended an event in my facility. Only about 100 people there so he really stood out. Still can't forgive him for the Bulls though.

I honestly think people are sleeping on the Knicks.

If Noah is healthy, I think they have a very good Season.

I absolutely love the Lee and Jennings signings.

When Derrick Rose tears his acl, 12 games into the Season, tying his shoe strings....

Folks are gonna realize what a bargain Brandon was at 5 mil.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly think people are sleeping on the Knicks.

If Noah is healthy, I think they have a very good Season.

I absolutely love the Lee and Jennings signings.

When Derrick Rose tears his acl, 12 games into the Season, tying his shoe strings....

Folks are gonna realize what a bargain Brandon was at 5 mil.

It's the injury factor that worries me. They could win 50 or lose 50 and it wouldn't surprise me. Noah's always been a favorite of mine but he just can't stay healthy. Love the Lee and Jennings signings too.

You're well aware of my feelings on ole raggedy knees.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good thing I'm working from home today- cause I'm all outta breath cracking up after that one.... :pound::pound:

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good thing I'm working from home today- cause I'm all outta breath cracking up after that one.... :pound::pound:

I was surprised she gave him 12 games unless we're including the pre season games

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I get why Phil rolled the dice on him.

He only has 1 Season left on his deal.

So, this is just an audition.

I think the Knicks probably had Westbrook on the brain for next Summer.

That got shot to shit with his renegotiation.

They have no chance at Curry. But, CP3 might be a possibility if the CLippers implode again.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the injury factor that worries me. They could win 50 or lose 50 and it wouldn't surprise me. Noah's always been a favorite of mine but he just can't stay healthy. Love the Lee and Jennings signings too.

You're well aware of my feelings on ole raggedy knees.

Melo, Noah, Lee, Zinger and Rose/Jennings is a solid starting 5 if healthy.

I just hope adding all those vets doesn't stunt Zingers growth.

I don't think it will because Lee and Noah are not offensive guys.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They have no chance at Curry. But, CP3 might be a possibility if the CLippers implode again.

I don't have any real issue with the deal other than that with the increase in the salary cap the Lopez contract is a really sweet deal. Most players held off awaiting the new increase to kick in.

But in a way it's almost a no win situation. If he gets hurt, they probably don't do well and they let him go with nothing to show for it. If he plays well they'll probably resign him at the max and he gets hurt next year.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Melo, Noah, Lee, Zinger and Rose/Jennings is a solid starting 5 if healthy.

I just hope adding all those vets doesn't stunt Zingers growth.

I don't think it will because Lee and Noah are not offensive guys.

I feel the same way. Hopefully Zingers has managed to put on a couple of pounds.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You really think CP3 go to NY?

clemtheslowson

back from the dead
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree.

Law Enforcement and the Military have this ridiculous code of dishonor about snitching.

It is frowned upon to the point where it's professional suicide to go against the grain.

I just hope people are mindful that for every shitbird cop, there are 200 more that do their jobs honoralbly and that are not ethically compromised.
Not in the agency I work at. We have shitcanned cops for unprofessional behavior on more than one occasion.

However, in the 10 years I have worked here we have only had to shoot 1 offender.

And that was when he was trying to run down one of out LT's with an SUV.

In the same time period, we have had one officer killed, and 4 others shot, one 7 times. Fortunately they survived and are back on duty.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not in the agency I work at. We have shitcanned cops for unprofessional behavior on more than one occasion.

However, in the 10 years I have worked here we have only had to shoot 1 offender.

And that was when he was trying to run down one of out LT's with an SUV.

In the same time period, we have had one officer killed, and 4 others shot, one 7 times. Fortunately they survived and are back on duty.

Yeah, I should have been specific to the Agency I worked for and not made a blanket statement like that.

Apologies.

Our Elected Sheriff, Leroy Baca, will likely be heading to Prison any day now.

Corruption was rampant in Los Scandalous County.

clemtheslowson

back from the dead
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I should have been specific to the Agency I worked for and not made a blanket statement like that.

Apologies.

Our Elected Sheriff, Leroy Baca, will likely be heading to Prison any day now.

Corruption was rampant in Los Scandalous County.
Hello Mecca. How have you been?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will tell you what really bothers me is how the media promotes racial tension in these incidents. Here is what I mean.

The headline reads:

Black Man Killed by Police"

Instead of:

Man Killed by Police"

Bottom line, race may or may not have had anything to do with the shooting. The only person who knows for sure is the cop who pulled the trigger. Yet, because the media implies that the man was shot because of his skin color, people of color become increasingly more distrustful of police and future interactions are absolutely shaped by those perceptions. In other words, I believe that the more the media wants to make this about race, the more likely these incidents are to continue occurring. The citizens don't cooperate with police, police escalate and what should have been a nothing situation turns into tragedy.

If a cop wrongfully kills somebody, they should go to jail regardless of the victim's skin color. If it can be proven that the cop shot the victim because of skin color, then they are guilty of a hate crime and should get life or worse. But, assuming that the cops perpetrating the shootings are racist and focusing on that part of the problem is not doing anybody any favors. It is only making an already effed up situation even worse.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, I believe that....

Some PD's actually do their jobs. NYC has 8.4 million people and 30,000-36,000 cops depends on the year. Cops are responsible for about 8 deaths a year here and most of those are armed assailants. Eric Garner was something you rarely see here (It happened in 2014) and the only other egregious death was an accident where a rookie had his gun out in a dark hallway, accidentally fired, it bounced off a wall and hit someone killing him. Not too much was made about it because it was an accident, the cop was arrested, charged and convicted. No one mentions it but the Sgt in charge of the Garner scene finally got fired in January.

But NYC also doesn't have all that much violence per person. 328 homicides last year as compared to 491 in Chicago which has 2.4 million people of instance. Baltimore with 600,000 people has more homicides than NYC.

My old man did 20 years on the NYPD and 10 as a Virginia state trooper. He was in NYC when there were 1500 to 2000 homicides a year and never shot anyone. Got injured a bunch of times apprehending people but never got shot himself either. Those were not fun days in this city.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some PD's actually do their jobs. NYC has 8.4 million people and 30,000-36,000 cops depends on the year. Cops are responsible for about 8 deaths a year here and most of those are armed assailants. Eric Garner was something you rarely see here (It happened in 2014) and the only other egregious death was an accident where a rookie had his gun out in a dark hallway, accidentally fired, it bounced off a wall and hit someone killing him. Not too much was made about it because it was an accident, the cop was arrested, charged and convicted. No one mentions it but the Sgt in charge of the Garner scene finally got fired in January.

But NYC also doesn't have all that much violence per person. 328 homicides last year as compared to 491 in Chicago which has 2.4 million people of instance. Baltimore with 600,000 people has more homicides than NYC.

My old man did 20 years on the NYPD and 10 as a Virginia state trooper. He was in NYC when there were 1500 to 2000 homicides a year and never shot anyone. Got injured a bunch of times apprehending people but never got shot himself either. Those were not fun days in this city.
I have no doubt that there are still "good" cops out there. Where my doubts lye though are when people say there are departments that don't protect their own & there aren't cover ups.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will tell you what really bothers me is how the media promotes racial tension in these incidents. Here is what I mean.

The headline reads:

Black Man Killed by Police"

Instead of:

Man Killed by Police"

Bottom line, race may or may not have had anything to do with the shooting. The only person who knows for sure is the cop who pulled the trigger. Yet, because the media implies that the man was shot because of his skin color, people of color become increasingly more distrustful of police and future interactions are absolutely shaped by those perceptions. In other words, I believe that the more the media wants to make this about race, the more likely these incidents are to continue occurring. The citizens don't cooperate with police, police escalate and what should have been a nothing situation turns into tragedy.

If a cop wrongfully kills somebody, they should go to jail regardless of the victim's skin color. If it can be proven that the cop shot the victim because of skin color, then they are guilty of a hate crime and should get life or worse. But, assuming that the cops perpetrating the shootings are racist and focusing on that part of the problem is not doing anybody any favors. It is only making an already effed up situation even worse.

The media loves the riots. It looks like the men shot in Charlotte and Milwaukee were legit situations but there were riots so the media was all over it. The shooting in Tulsa looks like the cop needs to go to jail (Granted there's still questions to answer) and I don't see much coverage at all.