• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nathan Palmer

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Bummed to lose both Palmer and Owusu. Hopefully we'll have a chance to get one of them back. Given what Kyle Williams showed in the return game this week, though, it's hard to second-guess the decision to keep him.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Bummed to lose both Palmer and Owusu. Hopefully we'll have a chance to get one of them back. Given what Kyle Williams showed in the return game this week, though, it's hard to second-guess the decision to keep him.

yes, good job by KW.

on one punt he might've decided "fair catch" a little early, but otherwise good decisions. next, he caught the ball clean and secured it well. its nice to get return yardage too, but i see it as more gravy.

on kick returns, don't like him bringing it out 8 yards deep and rather he not do it again. yes, he did break a long run so giving him credit now.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck...I'm gonna second guessing keeping Ginn until he contributes. This has been a shitty couple days in Ninerland.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fuck...I'm gonna second guessing keeping Ginn until he contributes. This has been a shitty couple days in Ninerland.

to this point, KW has proven to be ok as the returner. so NOW Baalke has options on Ginn.

but back when they had to decide the 53 man roster, it was difficult to cut Ginn? also, they likely didn't know how long Ginn would be out, or did they?

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to this point, KW has proven to be ok as the returner. so NOW Baalke has options on Ginn.

but back when they had to decide the 53 man roster, it was difficult to cut Ginn? also, they likely didn't know how long Ginn would be out, or did they?

Dunno what they knew about Ginn, but they knew his history.

With regards to KW, they saw him in practice and preseason (granted it's different than a reg game). But, we're 3 games in, they could have cut Ginn if they wanted. My guess is, they think he has value for us but I'm not convinced.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

With regards to KW, they saw him in practice and preseason (granted it's different than a reg game). But, we're 3 games in, they could have cut Ginn if they wanted. My guess is, they think he has value for us but I'm not convinced.

i'm not following you? at first it looks like you're saying they could have cut Ginn before the season? knowing Ginn's history and watching KW in Pre-Season.

but then it looks like you say cut him now after three games? cause you then you say "But, we're 3 games in, they could have cut Ginn if they wanted."?

i'm really asking..........

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm not following you? at first it looks like you're saying they could have cut Ginn before the season? knowing Ginn's history and watching KW in Pre-Season.

but then it looks like you say cut him now after three games? cause you then you say "But, we're 3 games in, they could have cut Ginn if they wanted."?

i'm really asking..........

It's both. They could have cut him in camp but maybe, like you said, they didn't know what they have in KW. But that's old news, they've seen KW in live action. Unless they feel Ginn will be back soon and is a HUGE upgrade over KW, they had time to cut him and make space on the roster. Losing a PS player is not the end if the world, but they seemed to think very highly of Palmer and he flashed some in preseason. Add in the fact that we'll probably lose both Ginn and Moss after this year, and it sucks to lose Palmer to the Colts.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not convinced either. I've wanted Ginn off this team before the year started. Anthony Dixon well, who's even more useless.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm not convinced either. I've wanted Ginn off this team before the year started. Anthony Dixon well, who's even more useless.

He does contribute on STs. To date, Jacobs has been the dead wood, though hopefully we get him back in another week or two. I'm curious to see what he contributes. I was never a big fan of that move, but he was running pretty hard in the preseason...

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We just signed the speed demon Ricardo Lockette to our PS who was released Sept 18th from the Seahawks practice squad.

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We just signed the speed demon Ricardo Lockette to our PS who was released Sept 18th from the Seahawks practice squad.

I didn't see this posted here or I wouldn't have started a new thread

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Listed at 6'2" and 211lbs, nice size for that much speed. He came in as an UDFA, anyone have any scouting history on him?

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't teach speed, and you can't teach size. So, when you find a prospect with a combination of both -- no matter how raw -- someone in the NFL will take a chance on that athletic combination. Such is the case with Fort Valley State wide receiver/kick returner Ricardo Lockette, the subject of today's 2011 NFL Draft prospect profile.

Lockette is a shade over 6-foot-2, weighs 211 pounds and has been timed as fast as 4.27 in the 40-yard dash. Impressive physical gifts for a wide receiver, unquestionably. Lockette's story is one we have heard before. He originally signed at a big school (Auburn), ended up at an out-of-the-way Division II school (Fort Valley State), worked hard and his natural gifts, unrefined though they are, will get him an NFL opportunity.

From NFL.com:

Strengths:
Lockette is big with long arms. Finds soft spots in zone coverage and possesses strong hands and the body control to make grabs away from his frame. Good leaper that high points the ball well. Flashes a bit of a wiggle in the open field and is a strong runner after the catch.

Weaknesses:
Does not show explosion off the line or out of his breaks. Will not consistently stretch the field at the next level. Extremely raw route runner that is too high in transition and lacks the ability to set up defenders with head fakes. Will not always find the ball in the air.

Overview:
Lockette is a long way from contributing in the passing game at the next level, but he is a fierce competitor that could contribute on special teams. He has great size, reliable hands and a knack for getting open on underneath routes in zone coverage. Although he has good deep speed, he is a builder who lacks explosion off the line of scrimmage limiting his ability to separate in man. He also runs sloppy routes and does not show good balance out of his breaks. Lockette has a great attitude and potential which makes him a late round option.

http://www.bigblueview.com/2011/3/2...profile-ricardo-lockette-wr-fort-valley-state

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't teach speed, and you can't teach size. So, when you find a prospect with a combination of both -- no matter how raw -- someone in the NFL will take a chance on that athletic combination. Such is the case with Fort Valley State wide receiver/kick returner Ricardo Lockette, the subject of today's 2011 NFL Draft prospect profile.

Lockette is a shade over 6-foot-2, weighs 211 pounds and has been timed as fast as 4.27 in the 40-yard dash. Impressive physical gifts for a wide receiver, unquestionably. Lockette's story is one we have heard before. He originally signed at a big school (Auburn), ended up at an out-of-the-way Division II school (Fort Valley State), worked hard and his natural gifts, unrefined though they are, will get him an NFL opportunity.

From NFL.com:

Strengths:
Lockette is big with long arms. Finds soft spots in zone coverage and possesses strong hands and the body control to make grabs away from his frame. Good leaper that high points the ball well. Flashes a bit of a wiggle in the open field and is a strong runner after the catch.

Weaknesses:
Does not show explosion off the line or out of his breaks. Will not consistently stretch the field at the next level. Extremely raw route runner that is too high in transition and lacks the ability to set up defenders with head fakes. Will not always find the ball in the air.

Overview:
Lockette is a long way from contributing in the passing game at the next level, but he is a fierce competitor that could contribute on special teams. He has great size, reliable hands and a knack for getting open on underneath routes in zone coverage. Although he has good deep speed, he is a builder who lacks explosion off the line of scrimmage limiting his ability to separate in man. He also runs sloppy routes and does not show good balance out of his breaks. Lockette has a great attitude and potential which makes him a late round option.

2011 NFL Draft Prospect Profile: Ricardo Lockette, WR, Fort Valley State - Big Blue View

Nice find, thanks Clyde. A little less than enthused on the "lack of explosion" part, the positives and the bolded part make me hopeful.

I would think the route running can be coached but can you coach get off?

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had a 44 yard catch against us last season. His only other catch was a 60+ yd TD.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless they feel Ginn will be back soon and is a HUGE upgrade over KW, they had time to cut him and make space on the roster. Losing a PS player is not the end if the world, but they seemed to think very highly of Palmer and he flashed some in preseason. Add in the fact that we'll probably lose both Ginn and Moss after this year, and it sucks to lose Palmer to the Colts.

We won't cut Ginn since his salary is no guaranteed for the year. Only way we cut him is if he becomes a malcontent like Edwards last year but I don't see that happening.