• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nate Silver Playoff Projections

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nate Silver has updated his playoff projections. According to his statistics there are nine teams that could be in the final four, depending on how today’s games play out could be in the final four.

His stats show:
1. ACC champ lock
2. SEC champ lock
3. Oklahoma lock with a win
4. Wisconsin lock with a win

5. The most likely scenario for Ohio State to get in - Beat Wisconsin. TCU wins (21% chance of all of this happening and Ohio State getting in)
6. Scenario that gives Alabama their BEST chance to get in - Georgia, Fresno State and TCU all win. (3%)
7. Scenario that could Southern Cal in - Clemson, TCU, Boise State, Auburn, and Ohio State all win. (2.5%)

Not saying this is accurate, but it's interesting to see that he thinks Southern Cal would be most likely in the playoffs in any scenario, considering last week there wasn't been a formula in his algorithm in which Southern Cal would be the fourth team in.

2017 College Football Predictions

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This takes obvious and stupid to a whole other level.

Your USC conclusion reminds me of Vince Young's Wonderlic testing.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This takes obvious and stupid to a whole other level.

Your USC conclusion reminds me of Vince Young's Wonderlic testing.

Correction, it's not my conclusion. I'm just relaying Nate Silver. I don't think Southern Cal has a chance. Here are my predictions:
Clemson or Miami - in
Georgia - Auburn - in
Oklahoma - in with win
Wisconsin - in with win
Alabama and Ohio state in with OSU and TCU win.
And, 60/40 Ohio State if Ohio State and Oklahoma win.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correction, it's not my conclusion. I'm just relaying Nate Silver. I don't think Southern Cal has a chance. Here are my predictions:
Clemson or Miami - in
Georgia - Auburn - in
Oklahoma - in with win
Wisconsin - in with win

:L
You obviously need to really need to read through his predictions again

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L
You obviously need to really need to read through his predictions again

Explain? I'm not reading the methodology. Just looking at the chart that says "chances to get in". If I'm doing it wrong, what does he think needs to happen for Southern Cal to make the playoffs?

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Explain? I'm not reading the methodology. Just looking at the chart that says "chances to get in". If I'm doing it wrong, what does he think needs to happen for Southern Cal to make the playoffs?

Exactly from your very first post:

7. Scenario that could Southern Cal in - Clemson, TCU, Boise State, Auburn, and Ohio State all win. (2.5%)

Your next comment was Exactly this:

Not saying this is accurate, but it's interesting to see that he thinks Southern Cal would be most likely in the playoffs in any scenario, considering last week there wasn't been a formula in his algorithm in which Southern Cal would be the fourth team in.

Hopefully you are just misquoting your own self.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly from your very first post:

Your next comment was Exactly this:

Hopefully you are just misquoting your own self.

Maybe I'm not making sense grammatically, I'll try again.

It's interesting that he thinks there is a scenario in which they could get in. There's a 2.5 percent chance of that particular scenario playing out, but in that scenario his math has Southern Cal in the playoffs. Last week, there wasn't any scenario in which he had them in the top four.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I'm not making sense grammatically, I'll try again.

It's interesting that he thinks there is a scenario in which they could get in. There's a 2.5 percent chance of that particular scenario playing out, but in that scenario his math has Southern Cal in the playoffs. Last week, there wasn't any scenario in which he had them in the top four.

OK. Gotcha now. I read not so smart at times and all.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone have a scenario where Michigan gets in ... other than winning all our games next year?

TigersBleaux

Self-Deprecating
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,999.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clemson or Miami - in
Georgia - Auburn - in
Oklahoma - in with win
Wisconsin - in with win

Agree with everything. I think all Bama needs to get in is have TCU win. With that i think they are a lock.