• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nate Clements Seeing Time At Safety

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clements seeing time @ Safety

I believe there were discussions on the old board about seeing if the Niners should move Clements at safety. Looks like the Bengals are trying it

Clements was always a Corner with a Safety mentality. And now, as he is getting on in his career, it looks like Cincinnati is going to force the issue. I think this transition makes perfect sense and I believe it will be very rewarding for the Bengals.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I read that Taylor Mays was listed as their starting safety on the depth chart. Don't remember which article on NFL.com but it was something about how the Bengals were turning a former bust into a starter.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I read that Taylor Mays was listed as their starting safety on the depth chart. Don't remember which article on NFL.com but it was something about how the Bengals were turning a former bust into a starter.

That's correct. I posted the link in off season workouts (i believe) a couple of days ago.

It makes sense to move Clements to Safety. Especially since he's not earning anywhere near the salary he was with us and if Taylor Mays really is their starter that tells me they are in trouble at Safety. Leon Hall and Kirkpatrick should be the starters if they are both healthy. They also have Brandon Ghee.