• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nash out for the season

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every roster needs to have some talented youth. It was the Heats downfall and obviously the real reason James decided to move on.

That being said, I am excited so far from what I have seen out of Ennis and Shabazz.
The past couple years we lost some other talented youth because we had to keep the older 3 pt. shooters.

As far as the Lakers boards, c'mon Trojan. No reason for me to still be blocked.
Me and Ram are A Ok. I only try to offer fair praise/criticism of the Lakers.
I'm not getting personal with anybody, any more. Seems to be the same with others.
Makes for a much better board/season.

Completely forgot about that. Blocking someone from an individual board is something only Hammer has the ability to do/undo. I just PM'd him and asked to have that lifted.:suds:

Last edited by a moderator:

LUNCHBOX

LOGIC
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
stinks that the lakers never got to really see him perform....

wher is DJ?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't see how any one with some common sense could have been expecting Steve Nash to actually play basketball on the court this season. For me it wasn't if he gets injured; It was WHEN HE GOES DOWN FOR GOOD. Mutumbo is the only player I can think of that in recent years made it that old. There is something that simply starts shutting the body down at that age. Your ability to read without reading glasses, your ability to sleep all night without getting up and running to the bathroom, your immunity from illness and the list goes on

runbch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate to see Nash go out like this, but honestly how many games did you expect to play this year?

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll be first ballot HOF and go in as a Suns, no brainer...gave hope to guys with similar frame, no hops, but just a heady/smart player that made others around him better. Certainly prolonged careers of Marion and Stoudemire to name a few.

We knew the risk we were getting with his age and his decline then the nerve damage started the downhill. Class act all the way. We rolled the dice and didn't get the reward. He'd make a terrific coach I believe.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boy the Lakers gave up the farm to get Nash as well...what? 2 1st rounders and 2 2nd rounders?

Suns got rid of Nash at the right time.

Great player but...

I guess they knew he would get a freak leg fracture in his second game that season.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess they knew he would get a freak leg fracture in his second game that season.

I know you're being sarcastic and making fun of him, because we both know that's not possible. For me it was stupid trade from the very beginning that I never liked because of his age. On this one matter I agree with Charles Barkley(who would have ever thought) when he says "Father Time Is Undefeated" and "Eventually your body is going to start breaking down in the NBA" He was old and had a lot of miles on his body. I would have preferred seeing the Lakers going younger and building new talent for today. Now were stuck with an aging Kobe and the lack of talent wanting to play with Kobe because of his age and risk of injury. As much as I hate that latest article, Kobe has got the Lakers crippled with his age, huge contract and etc

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nash out for the season? Well the Lakers title hopes for this year are now over!

2Legit2Quit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time for him to hang it up. Great career though and first ballot HOF. Def top 10 PG all time and people could argue top 5. Even if those two MVPs were a bit suspect.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nash out for the season? Well the Lakers title hopes for this year are now over!

Yep, that sucks. Was really looking forward to that Lakers/Cavs matchup in the finals that all of the experts have been predicting.:lol:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, that sucks. Was really looking forward to that Lakers/Cavs matchup in the finals that all of the experts have been predicting.:lol:

The Cavs aren't going to the Finals this year. But w/ the right moves the Lakers could still make it there.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boy the Lakers gave up the farm to get Nash as well...what? 2 1st rounders and 2 2nd rounders?

Suns got rid of Nash at the right time.

Great player but...

Happens that way sometimes.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs aren't going to the Finals this year. But w/ the right moves the Lakers could still make it there.

Not this year. There really aren't any moves left to be made with that kind of impact (unless the Cavs want to give the Lakers Lebron for Ronnie Price and Wes Johnson:lol:).

According to Jeanie, it's a 3 year plan, so maybe the Lakers and Cavs will see each other in the finals in 2016 or 17.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not this year. There really aren't any moves left to be made with that kind of impact (unless the Cavs want to give the Lakers Lebron for Ronnie Price and Wes Johnson:lol:).

According to Jeanie, it's a 3 year plan, so maybe the Lakers and Cavs will see each other in the finals in 2016 or 17.

I'm sure the Cavs would trade LeBron to your Lakers but it can only be for Kobe & Nash!

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting back to the Nash fiasco, can't help thinking that Nash knew that he was done already when he decided to play another year and was saying that only for the money. I think the Lakers got scammed. There really needs to be an improvement where each player has to pass a physical before the season starts and passing that physical is directly linked to the player's guaranteed contract. I like the way the NFL does this considerably better