• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nash may retire due to injuries

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steve Nash is giving serious thought to medical retirement as he continues to battle chronic back issues.

If Nash is given a medical retirement, he would receive the full amount owed to him by the Los Angeles Lakers.

The Lakers, meanwhile, would have Nash's entire $9.701 million contract for next season come off their cap. If Nash isn't traded or becomes a medical retirement, the Lakers could use their stretch provision to waive him and have his cap number be allocated over the following three seasons.

s://twitter.com/PeterVecsey1

Would hate to see him leave without getting a chance at a ring.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he has had like 20 chances?

I just read this headline on TMZPN that said he eyes come back not retirement, did not read article

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like Steve Nash and I really don't believe he is going to retire before June of next year, but I hope he does. That 9.1 million is too much freakin money to pay for an aging grandpa in the NBA. I have complete respect for what he has brought to the game over the years though and would love to see him come back into the Lakers organization in a coaching function or something though. He has a lot to offer to the NBA in other ways