• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My Week 8 Recap

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Eight weeks down, nine to go. San Francisco and Green Bay seem in good shape, but every other division is a mess. This week-the Steelers break through, the Rams get a win, the Ravens fight back, and the Chargers collapse in a totally new way. Here we go:

Week 8 Power Rankings:

32. Indianapolis Colts-I initially though Curtis Painter would lead them to a few wins, and they'd wind up drafting around 3rd or 4th. I change my mind.
31. Miami Dolphins-Another week, another blown lead. Maybe they should try falling behind, then coming back insead...oh wait, they already tried that.
30. Arizona Cardinals-Thanks Arizona! Sincerely, The Bengals and Steelers.
29. Denver Broncos-I've made a lot of fun of Tebow, and he does stink, but so does this entire team. Is Josh McDaniels secretly still in charge?
28. St Louis Rams-Caught a little bit of World Series fever and just blindsided the Saints. Don't expect this to be a trend.
27. Seattle Seahawks-They should never start Charlie Whitehurst again. NEVER.
26. Cleveland Browns-The Browns RB situation is in shambles right now. The good news is that the rest of the team blows, so you don't notice as much.
25. Washington Redskins-Making a late run at the Andrew Luck sweepstakes?
24. Jacksonville Jaguars-They'll win a few more games with their defense, but the offense is just terrible.
23. Carolina Panthers-I keep ranking them up a little because they keep playing well enough to win, but at some point, they actually have to win one.
22. Minnesota Vikings-Christian Ponder has them on the right track. Can you even call the McNabb era an era? More like the McNabb interlude. Bye Bye Donovan.
21. Dallas Cowboys-Got dominated in every way, shape, and form on national TV. Can we please stop being forced to watch them every week?
20. Tennessee Titans-Nothing like a game against the Colts to get one in the win column.
19. Oakland Raiders-Palmer got a week to learn, so we'll see if the Raiders still have a playoff shot.
18. San Diego Chargers-That was one of the most astounding, ridiculous, shocking, crazy ways to lose a game as I've ever seen. Maybe they should have started 2-5 after all.
17. Tampa Bay Buccaneers-Coming out of a bye week with the Saints, Texans, and Packers. Yikes. Thank you NFL schedule makers.
16. Chicago Bears-Their offensive line will be tested on Monday night against the Eagles. Hope the bye week helped.
15. Kansas City Chiefs-Got a gift from the football gods..or Philip Rivers anyway.
14. New York Jets-They can make their season the next two weeks with games against the 2 teams in front of them.
13. Philadelphia Eagles-Well, if this week was any indication, the Eagles might finally be ready to play football.
12. Cincinnati Bengals-They've taken care of business against the teams they should beat, now they get some real teams to show what they're made of.
11. New York Giants-If you want to see a brutal schedule, look at theirs. Their "easiest" game in the next 5 weeks is the heating-up Eagles.
10. Atlanta Falcons-With the Saints loss, we have ourselves a race in the AFCS.
9. Houston Texans-I think it's safe to say that Arian Foster's injury is behind him.
8. Baltimore Ravens-The simply do not have a Super Bowl winning offense right now. They should send a gift basket to the Cardinal players for the collapse.
7. Detroit Lions-A bit classless with their antics, but put Tebowmania in a chokehold and almost killed it singlehandedly.
6. New Orleand Saints-I'll consider this an aberation for now.
5. Buffalo Bills-I really like this team. Dareus was an absolute beast and Fred Jackson deserves some MVP talk.
4. New England Patriots-I still think they win the East, but they have to fix that secondary and stop jettisoning players from it.
3. San Francisco 49ers-They have the NFCW wrapped up. If Harbaugh isn't coach of the year, they should stop giving the award out.
2. Pittsburgh Steelers-I heard they're old. The o-line stinks. They would have a down year. Somebody forgot to notify them of this.
1. Green Bay Packers-They'll lose eventually, but they're as fun to watch as any team in history.

MVPs of the Week:

LeSean McCoy-Ran roughshod on the #1 run defense in the NFL.
Rams Defense-Chris Long had 3 sacks, and they forced 3 turnovers.
Christian Ponder-Got his first win by being money when he needed it most.
Ben Roethlisberger-Broke a bad string by getting past New England.

Goats of the week:

Philip Rivers-Compounded his INTs with the biggest gag I've ever seen.
Tim Tebow-Didn't get any help, but looked awful.
Arizona Cardinals-Good job playing with a lead guys.
Olindo Mare-Way to have your QB's back.

Random Thoughts:

1. My fantasy team lost by .7 points. This is why fantasy football makes me want to punch myself in the face. I don't know why I play.
2. I'm not a Flacco fan. I think he's overrated.
3. I hate ESPN. The Bengals are 5-2, and yet again, not a mention of them during the halftime show last night.
4. Rob Ryan should really stop talking...completely.
5. Who would have thought the Chiefs would be in first place a few weeks ago?
6. I continue to LOL @ Chris Johnson. What a bum.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3. I hate ESPN. The Bengals are 5-2, and yet again, not a mention of them during the halftime show last night.

those bitches...

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still think you are low balling us. We should be higher.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We still haven't beaten anybody. I can't, in good faith, put us over teams that have beaten really good teams, while we've beaten the bottom of the barrel.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Giants lost too the Seahawks. And their best win is the Bills who we also beat. The Falcons have beaten the Lions but that is the only good team they have beat. The Bills are rated higher than them in your rankings. So again how are we not higher than both of them?

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the giants beat miami by an impressive 3 points, not much better than the t-bowish broncos, obviously we beat Buffalo, so they can take a back seat.
Atlanta is bipolar, we shouldn't beat them, but do they show up? I say we tie with Atlanta at 9.

Houston is further along in development than we are.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but not bad. no way you can get it perfect. NFL is full of contradictions and we are a young team.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The Falcons are playing better as of late. I'm not going into who beat who weeks ago, and then who that team beat. That's too complicated. Right now, I don't think we'd beat Atlanta, so they're ahead of us.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Atlanta is a top 15 team personally.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is KC and Oakland. Whoopie. Atlanta's D isn't very good. Their offense isn't very explosive either. You spread the field and throw on them, you beat them. GB showed that weakness in the playoffs last year. Atlanta isn't that good.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
And the Bengals are barely beating teams like Indy, Seattle, and Jacksonville.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Julio jones will help them, if healthy. he's better than Jerome mf simpson.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atlanta barely beat SEA by 2, Carolina by 14, Eagles by 4 and Lions by 7. Got destroyed by the Bears. In retrospect we Beat the Browns by 10, lost to Denver by 2 and SF by 5, then beat Bills by 3, Jax by 10, INDY by 10 and SEA by 22. I'm sorry I see nothing about what they did that is more impressive than us. We beat SEA by a much larger margin than them and NYG lost to the Hawks. Also as far as ppg go we are 4th in the NFL on D while NYG are 20th and ATL is 21st. And on offense we are 12th while NYG are 10th and ATL is 17th. Everything about the W/L record, stats and games say we are more impressive than both. History says they are and that is all. I'll take us.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just complaining ESPN doesn't give us any love and then you use the media to back you up? Sorry not buying that as a credible source.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We barely beat Seattle. They gave us a few gifts at the end that made it seem like a blowout. It wasn't.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
LOL, so what, we should use walterfootball and bleacherreport as credible sources?

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If we played the Falcons tomorrow, I'd put my money on Atlanta.