• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MY week 1 complaint . Mel Tucker.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He left Peanut pretty much 1on1 w/ him . Dumb move ,IMO. AJ should have been priorty 1. w/double coverage all day. Rod gave Tillman help vs Megatron. Just sayin.
Made our D-line look ineffective , by having them protect passing lanes, instead of rushing the passer.
How many plays did the D-line make vs the pass? 1 by my count ( and Dalton to me fumbled the ball on that sack ).Only watched it once in slow motion (w/ a few brews in me ). But thought a challenge would be acceptable.
Just don't think Mel knows or trusts his personnel yet ( who could blame him from where he's been).
But he better wake up pretty soon.
He had a rep of defending the pass, and being aggressive. I didn't see either Sunday.
Just like your thoughts.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jennings tried to cover him twice, once he bit on the pump fake and Green flew past for the touchdown, Major Wright got blamed for blowing the coverage when two receivers were running down field for Wright to move to.

Jennings making the pro bowl showed the sad state of corners last year. The DC has no choice but to have Peanut cover the main receiver all game.

Bottom line, one guy wont beat you unless you are talking AP this weekend, but LEslie will give Ponder enough chances to screw up.

I hated the cover two, but Mel switched to get DJ out so he didnt have to cover the back half of the field and added a DB, yet another reason bostic could have played more.

Baseballnut77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
peanut is an elite CB and if he is able to handle most guys by himself it free's up other to help in other areas. Let's face it it wasnt a great defensive effort but it wasnt bad by any means i am sure he will tweak the D in upcoming games to get the most out of it

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, you left out the part where he put Jennings one on one with Green, that resulted in a 43 yard TD pass.

Talk about a size mismatch... my lord.

I'm with you on the Dalton fumble. I don't get why that wasn't even discussed or argued. I never even saw a replay from CBS. I would have liked to.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jennings tried to cover him twice, once he bit on the pump fake and Green flew past for the touchdown, Major Wright got blamed for blowing the coverage when two receivers were running down field for Wright to move to.

Jennings making the pro bowl showed the sad state of corners last year. The DC has no choice but to have Peanut cover the main receiver all game.

Bottom line, one guy wont beat you unless you are talking AP this weekend, but LEslie will give Ponder enough chances to screw up.

I hated the cover two, but Mel switched to get DJ out so he didnt have to cover the back half of the field and added a DB, yet another reason bostic could have played more.

I'm all for this. Get the kid on the field.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, you left out the part where he put Jennings one on one with Green, that resulted in a 43 yard TD pass.

Talk about a size mismatch... my lord.

I'm with you on the Dalton fumble. I don't get why that wasn't even discussed or argued. I never even saw a replay from CBS. I would have liked to.

I think Jennings was expecting safety help over the top. But wright bit on the pump fake.
Jennings is fast enough to keep up w/ AJ. Just wish he would have.

Only watched the sack once in slomo, and with a few beers in me . But it did look like the ball came out, before he hit the ground . Just don't know if the whistle blew the play dead beforehand. You know how the league likes to protect QBs.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Jennings was expecting safety help over the top. But wright bit on the pump fake.

Only watched the sack once in slomo, and with a few beers in me . But it did look like the ball came out, before he hit the ground . Just don't know if the whistle blew the play dead beforehand. You know how the league likes to protect QBs.

It did, but they had blown it dead...In the Grasp, er' whatever.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Made our D-line look ineffective said:
I think the D-Line was ineffective on its own.They better step up their play and not make Ponder look like Joe Montana

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Made our D-line look ineffective , by having them protect passing lanes, instead of rushing the passer.
How many plays did the D-line make vs the pass? 1 by my count ( and Dalton to me fumbled the ball on that sack ).

I think the D-Line was ineffective on its own.They better step up their play and not make Ponder look like Joe Montana

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Two receivers going deep at the hash marks with only Wright back to cover. Yeah, wright bit on the pump, jennings fell down he bit so hard.

As far as the league protecting QB's, I saw cutler, geno and Kaepernick all making flag motions as soon as they were touched running down field. Fine, protect the quarterback in the pocket, but cross the line of scrimmage, this protection needs to stop.

As soon as one of them do that fake going out of bounds and getting a first down, there should only be a flag if he is hit well after they slide.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tillman is a very good cb, but he is not a shut down corner. I was surprised he got 2 ints against AJ green. Jennings seems to be cut from the same mold as Tillman. He isn't a shut down corner, but he will force turnovers. Both are great at forcing fumbles. I think teams that can protect the football will give us big problems. The Bengals barely punted in the first game.

Rocinante

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read somewhere that Dalton's average time getting the ball out was 2.5 seconds. I don't see many D-Lineman getting to the QB in 2.5 seconds. I'm not worried about our D-Line.

I also read somewhere that Tucker called a very vanilla gameplan last week. He didn't disguise any of his coverages and rarely blitzed in the first half. I haven't had time to re-watch the game on gamerewind, but if this is the case then it worries me because that was the main complaint of Jags fans about Tucker. That he wasn't aggressive and rarely blitzed. At the time I wrote it off as the Jags not having talent, but after watching Dalton pick us apart in the first half last week, I'm starting to wonder.

55briggs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cant compare to Marinelli who was Proven.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cant compare to Marinelli who was Proven.

I loved Rod (in football sense) as much as his players did. But you have to move on. He made his decision to move on .