• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My Top 5 MVP candidates

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Drew Brees

2. Tom Brady

3. Eli Manning

4. Tim Tebow

5. Aaron Rodgers

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
f877f2925ebbdbedf3908de5f73ceb34_fullsize.jpg

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drew Brees threw for over 400 yards and had 4 TDs. I also consider his last one with 1:37 left a clutch TD. Not much hope for the 49ers offense after that, which somehow pulled it off. I think if Brees wasn't in the game, it would have been ugly.

I do agree with Tom Brady as well. If he won it, I wouldn't be too disappointed, and I hate the Pats. But he is a big part of their success this season.

Eli Manning has a defense he can fall back on, but Eli still put up some good #s. He did put up bad ones as well, but he has done great when they needed him to. I would be surprised if he won it.

I would not say Tim Tebow totally turned the Broncos around. However, I don't think the Broncos would have gone to the playoffs with Orton or Quinn. Tim Tebow brought something to that team that made them play better. He wasn't statistically as good as Brees, Brady, or Rodgers. I think the Saints and Patriots wouldn't be all that good without those QBs though.

If Aaron Rodgers had played week 16 against the Lions, I would have him higher, but we saw how much the Packers needed him against a playoff team. They won without him and most of the starters. I see him winning the award and I don't think he deserves it after that game. Great QB. He did have the stats, but we also knew that the Packers would probably make the playoffs without him.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually the Giants defense has sucked big time for most of the year ( 27th ranked defense in the NFL). They have played well the last few games but prior to that they stunk the joint up.

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't put much stock in the regular season MVP, as the real MVP is the most valuable player in the Super Bowl, but my vote would go to Gronk of New England. Let's be honest, that Patriots team (during the first 16 games) was a shell of what it could have been. They had a strong offense, but won with one of the worst defenses in the league. I don't see why the regular season MVP should be the quarterback or runningback with the best stats, I'm going for the guy who made the biggest impact in his team's success.

What Drew Brees did this year was great, but one could argue that Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, Eli Manning, and Matthew Stafford have been on that same level. I can see all of their teams having somewhat similar success without them, but I don't think that New England comes as close without their TE.