• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

"My Team Didn't want to be there" really means

Srini

Custom Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should force the coach and players to make a public statement right after they are selected for that particular bowl whether they want to be there or not. If yes, no lame excuses afterwards (although that is probably more by fans than teams). If no, kick them out and select a different team.

Sheluvsbama

Gone to the Devil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So to some Football is now if you do not get it down in the regular season - you just give up in the bowl season …

If this is what the play-offs produce -- I'm not sure I am for a play off …

Why would I buy a ticket in the future to a Bowl game with (for example-insert any team you want) Georgia in it --- if Georgia will not show up … waste of my time and my recreational dollar … do not even need to watch it on TV...

Not a great marketing promotion... I feel the end of the Bowl season will slowly happen...

I am not crazy about the idea of playoffs either. They don't appear to be changing anything for the better, and are wreaking havoc with the bowl traditions. What are they trying to do? Change college fball into the NFL???

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should force the coach and players to make a public statement right after they are selected for that particular bowl whether they want to be there or not. If yes, no lame excuses afterwards (although that is probably more by fans than teams). If no, kick them out and select a different team.

What about teams with multiple star players opting to sit out of the bowl games? It certainly seems “being there” means less in some bowls than others. For example, no player on a CFP team has opted to sit out of a bowl game. Numerous players do so in other bowls.

I’ve seen plenty of righteous indignation in here (not from you, of course), but no evidence of anyone saying “we didn’t want to be there”. In my 7 years on Rivals it was repeated a lot that certain fans said it, but no fans actually said it.

The closest anyone came to saying that was Saban, and that wasn’t even close to what he said. He was asked about motivation for the 2014 Sugar Bowl, and he said that yes, it is a challenge getting a team ready for a consolation game. And of course, he is right. But that’s a far cry from “not wanting to be there”.

I would challenge posters in the future to respond to ACTUAL statements by posters rather than hypothetical statements uttered by trolls like OP. I’ve yet to see a UGA fan say they didn’t want to be there. I’ve yet to see s fan of ANY other team say it, either.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in today's world it is just a PC expression for …. "My Team Quit".

You are telling me the Players quit and your coaches (who get paid a lot of money) couldn't get the kids up for the game and failed as coaches...

Every year I go over this. You think some players don’t tank in bowl games? Especially players getting drafted?

Coaches making money yeah. Schools making money. Agents can talk to these kids after the regular season is over. Lol.

No doubt some kids are tanking.

LeroyOU12

Hoopla Cash
$ 850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
really tired of this "this team really didn't want to be there" shit.

I swear, if any Texas fan ever said that shit I'd knock his pansy ass out

If you suit up, be ready to play. About had a fit watching Finebaum today after work: I watched two reporters, one from Atlanta and one from ESPN, trip over themselves making excuses. Good Gawd what a bunch excuse creators
I knew TX was gonna beat Georgia after I saw Bevo charged Uga during pregame. Hell even Bevo was all fired up to play

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew TX was gonna beat Georgia after I saw Bevo charged Uga during pregame. Hell even Bevo was all fired up to play

That was kinda stupid to have them so near each other...they're natural enemies, for goodness sake!

There's a reason they call them "BULL" dogs

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That was kinda stupid to have them so near each other...they're natural enemies, for goodness sake!

There's a reason they call them "BULL" dogs

I was really, really glad young Bevo didn't kill one of those folks...especially that woman photographer, kneeled down with her back to the "barrier" and Bevo. Holy shit that would have ruined the damn night