• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

"My Team Didn't want to be there" really means

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Everybody has the will to win."
"Not everybody has the will to prepare"

Signed,
Bud Wilkinson

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, if you're not in the playoffs, who gives a shit?

So we lost a fucking BELK BOWL...oh the humanity...as long as high quality southern styled goods were advertised on the telly, everyone wins
That's a euphemism for Sister-Wives, right?

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh, we got Mormons now, too! Part of their evangelism efforts to spread the word about Joe Smiff and der majick underoos
...ah, the ole Holy Drawers

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...ah, the ole Holy Drawers

The first Mormon girl I had...umm...relations... with was back in upstate South Carolina

I think her majick panties were malfunctioning at the time, or something. At least that's what her roommate said

Sheluvsbama

Gone to the Devil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is human to "not want to be there" sometimes. It may be disrespectful to your opponent, but it is human. It is the job of the coach to keep them motivated. If they feel they have "nothing to play for" they need to be reminded that YES, they do. Winning every game should be motivation enough. Are you going to go out there and lose because you don't care enough to play? Games are played to win, not to lose!

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, if you're not in the playoffs, who gives a shit?

So we lost a fucking BELK BOWL...oh the humanity...as long as high quality southern styled goods were advertised on the telly, everyone wins

Texas bowl misses you?

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is human to "not want to be there" sometimes. It may be disrespectful to your opponent, but it is human. It is the job of the coach to keep them motivated. If they feel they have "nothing to play for" they need to be reminded that YES, they do. Winning every game should be motivation enough. Are you going to go out there and lose because you don't care enough to play? Games are played to win, not to lose!
I understand this.

When my wife goes shopping, I don't want to be there. It is her job to keep me motivated. She fails miserably.

Neilcar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So to some Football is now if you do not get it down in the regular season - you just give up in the bowl season …

If this is what the play-offs produce -- I'm not sure I am for a play off …

Why would I buy a ticket in the future to a Bowl game with (for example-insert any team you want) Georgia in it --- if Georgia will not show up … waste of my time and my recreational dollar … do not even need to watch it on TV...

Not a great marketing promotion... I feel the end of the Bowl season will slowly happen...

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this is what the play-offs produce -- I'm not sure I am for a play off …
Me too.

I was a big fan of both the BCS and CFP at the times. I was a believer that a team should win at least one game outside their regular season to be a champ. I wasn't a fan of just letting AP voters determine such off of a beauty pageant/reputation and the regular season only. Even better when they had to beat two non regular season opponents like we have in the CFP. The unintended consequences of those two have been pretty severe for the majority of post season CFB.

I was wrong.

I'm ready to go back to letting the pollsters decide the national champion.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about OP's post.

All I know is that my team clearly "didn't want to be there" and spent the whole season proving it. :tsk: