• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

"My Team Didn't want to be there" really means

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmies engaged.

Did I hit a nerve?

No. Alabama has won 5 in 9 years. Literally nothing you can offer would ruffle anything. You simply made an assertion you cannot back up, as there have been zero instances of it. But if it makes you feel better to think you hit a nerve, think away.

I’m having a great 2019 so far. Hope you are as well.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Alabama has won 5 in 9 years. Literally nothing you can offer would ruffle anything. You simply made an assertion you cannot back up, as there have been zero instances of it. But if it makes you feel better to think you hit a nerve, think away.

I’m having a great 2019 so far. Hope you are as well.
I assure you what I posted was the absolute truth but feel free to get your panties in a wad and flex your e-muscles. Glad you have a fandom that props your self esteem so high.

You keep being you big guy.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just UGA and their fat little dog right now. I mean, shit, how the hell do you talk so much trash then lose to a team with a QB whose eyes are closer together than his nostrils?
Now that ain't nice bb...but funny as hell.

We gonna have a meldown this week?

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I “got it”.

Even funnier than an Auburn fan wants to talk shit after an 8-5 season and 52-21 Iron Bowl loss after being a preseason “CFP contender”, but hey if living vicariously through games that occurred 5+ years ago helps...
Holy shit, you need BOOZE

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2008 I think we just got our ass kicked by Utah. That team was a year early amd Andre Smith was the most important player on the team IMO. We couldnt do anything offensively against Tulane in our 2nd game when he didnt play.

2013 I think everyone cared except AJ McCarron and Cyrus Koundjio cause AJ was slinging without a care especially after our INT on OUs 1 first drive.He forced a pass Ive never seen him throw. And Koundjio was trying not to get hurt so he got abused by Eric Striker.
That was before the sitting out bowl games craze started. Nowadays he probably wouldn't even have played if the situation were the same.

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I assure you what I posted was the absolute truth but feel free to get your panties in a wad and flex your e-muscles. Glad you have a fandom that props your self esteem so high.

You keep being you big guy.

My fandom does nothing for me other than helping one of my alma maters. I was a fan since the 70s, and have 2 degrees from there. I was a fan in 97, 00, and 03 when we absolutely sucked. I guarantee if I live long enough we will suck again at some point.

This is why the current run is special. Had I become a fan in 09 or since, it would mean nothing.

All of that said, our fans will not be unhappy about getting a bid to the CFP
or BCSCG. As far as I know, neither do fans of any other teams. But we accept that you cannot lose more than 1 game (unless you have complete chaos as in 07).

If we only have 1 loss, then yes we consider scenarios in which we will get in. The same is true for other bases. The difference is Alabama has has 1 or fewer losses every year since 10 heading into postseason. So yeah, our fans probably have talked about scenarios more than others.

Contrast that with your own fans and those of tOSU last season. They talked a LOT about getting in with 2 losses. AU’s talk stopped after the SECCG loss, but tOSU continued. None of that particularly bothered me. I fully expect fans to want the best for their teams.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Games are won and lost before the teams ever hit the field. Teams that care and "want to be there" will spent way more time watching film and doing other things to prep for the game, while teams who "don't want to be there" spend that same time playing fortnight and getting high.

When both teams show up for the game, they both "want to win" and they both give it their best effort, but in most cases it's too late and their ain't shit they can do about it.

When it happens in the regular season, it's referred to as a trap game. When it happens in the bowl season, stupid threads like this get made because people act like that's the entire season.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was before the sitting out bowl games craze started. Nowadays he probably wouldn't even have played if the situation were the same.
This the thing...nobody gives two scoops of rat shit about bowl games anymore. It seems to have filtered up to the coaches, who seem more interested in auditioning second-teamers for next year, or trying out gimmick plays

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn...thoughts & prayers™

It’s okay.

If no alcohol means never having another bout with pancreatitis (which was brought on by a nasty gallstone attack), I can live without it.

That said, every now and again I miss a nice Irish whiskey or scotch after a long day.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, if you're not in the playoffs, who gives a shit?

So we lost a fucking BELK BOWL...oh the humanity...as long as high quality southern styled goods were advertised on the telly, everyone wins

But...but....peaches are so delicious with creme n sech!

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My fandom does nothing for me other than helping one of my alma maters. I was a fan since the 70s, and have 2 degrees from there. I was a fan in 97, 00, and 03 when we absolutely sucked. I guarantee if I live long enough we will suck again at some point.

This is why the current run is special. Had I become a fan in 09 or since, it would mean nothing.

All of that said, our fans will not be unhappy about getting a bid to the CFP
or BCSCG. As far as I know, neither do fans of any other teams. But we accept that you cannot lose more than 1 game (unless you have complete chaos as in 07).

If we only have 1 loss, then yes we consider scenarios in which we will get in. The same is true for other bases. The difference is Alabama has has 1 or fewer losses every year since 10 heading into postseason. So yeah, our fans probably have talked about scenarios more than others.

Contrast that with your own fans and those of tOSU last season. They talked a LOT about getting in with 2 losses. AU’s talk stopped after the SECCG loss, but tOSU continued. None of that particularly bothered me. I fully expect fans to want the best for their teams.
Do you have the Cliff Notes for this post?

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those peaches were probably imported from Chile or something...CHILE!!!

That's ok, as long as there's no Chilean paralyzing spiders in thar.

Gimme' some of that Chilean sea bass while we're at it...but call it its real name!

giphy.gif

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, if you're not in the playoffs, who gives a shit?

So we lost a fucking BELK BOWL...oh the humanity...as long as high quality southern styled goods were advertised on the telly, everyone wins
We were just happy to be in Idaho.