• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My Take on the Nash Rumors and the Flyers

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Briere would have a pretty ig group involved imo(Buffalo, Nash, StL, Tor, Fla, Minn, Phx, Ana, the Isleshell even La possibly) if he agreed to waive his NTC to a contending team there is more then enough interest to ignite a mini-bidding war and walk out with a good return. He does hold the potential to be a # 1 center and huge offensive catalyst, he just isn't doing that here this year which screams change of scenery to me. I would realistically see him bringing in a pick and a prospect.

For example if we traded Briere to Nashville who desperately needs scoring & has an abundance of young defensive men I could see us getting either Prospect Ryan Ellis Player Profile - Hockey's Future or Prospect Jonathon Blum Player Profile - Hockey's Future and a 1st out of them for Briere(we may have to throw a 3rd in to equal it out though.

If we look at a team like TOR then I think we could target Prospect Cody Franson Player Profile - Hockey's Future or Prospect Jake Gardiner Player Profile - Hockey's Future & a 1st(again we may have to throw in a third.

Last example I'll use is StL who desperately needs help scoring I think Prospect Alex Pietrangelo Player Profile - Hockey's Future orhttp://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/keith_shattenkirk would be the targets(again I would try to get a 1st thrown in even if I gave up a 2nd/3rd here).

For Carle I think the return is much clearer you start with a 1st and a young rfa roster player preferably a d-man and you settle either the first or a a good rfa if you can't get you're asking price.

I'd throw Bryz on the market too and see if I could get him to waive because you can see how this city is wearing on him now, if hw as up for it asking price starts at a 1st, top tier prospect and we'll take salary back in the form of the other teams goalie or a pending ufa.

I know that not all these moves will or could happen, but if they somehow got made we'd have received 1-2 1st, prob a 2nd, 1-1 prospect(at least 1 d) & a back-up oalie for bob while freeing up 15.5m in cap space, meaning we can rebuild this team in the image of every year being a cup year. It will take extremely good cap management and trading player at the proper time to achieve this for mre then 3-4 year, but I think this is the direction the front office wanted to go in anyway with the departures of Richie and Carter.

Again this is just my $0.02 and I'd love to hear your thought and get some feedback since you're the only fans I know educated enough to really have these discussions with.

Absolutely awesome job summing up options. IMHO I would jump at any of those three moves for Briere...personally would try to get Shenn from the Leafs, but I like the angle you take. Really good thinking.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*Note*

I wish we had a poster here who could give us all an honest assessment of the Phantoms. I watched Lauridsen at the Classic and he was easily (my opinion anyways) the best dman out there. Dude is big (6'6") and played with great poise.

I know his experience level has a way to go, but he was rock solid in that game.

Everything I have heard about him is that he needs to physically mature a bit. He really needs a full year at the AHL level to develop, but that next year he could/should be in the mix. Looking forward to it personally...

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
*Note*

I wish we had a poster here who could give us all an honest assessment of the Phantoms. I watched Lauridsen at the Classic and he was easily (my opinion anyways) the best dman out there. Dude is big (6'6") and played with great poise.

I know his experience level has a way to go, but he was rock solid in that game.

We had someone last year, I forget who it was.

Sorry for forgetting if you are still here...

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the rumors are true and a trade comes to fruition, looks like a lot of us guessed wrong on this guy. :L

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol it might have been anderwho

Not him, the guy you are thinking of lived near there. He was Rags fan that gave updates. Anderwho was just a dick.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything I have heard about him is that he needs to physically mature a bit. He really needs a full year at the AHL level to develop, but that next year he could/should be in the mix. Looking forward to it personally...

Thanks man.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darren Dreger @DarrenDreger
Lots of time for things to change, but sources say the Flyers are out on Nash at the current asking price. Still think NYR is frontrunner.

Thank you Baby Jesus

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol @ #NashWatch

He is an awesome player, but you fuckers should be happy you passed on him. NYR I doubt are gunning for him.

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
lol @ #NashWatch

He is an awesome player, but you fuckers should be happy you passed on him. NYR I doubt are gunning for him.

For the price, absolutely. But he is still a great player and a high price would be worth. I'm scared to see what he can do on a good team. I just hope it's not the Ragdolls

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the price, absolutely. But he is still a great player and a high price would be worth. I'm scared to see what he can do on a good team. I just hope it's not the Ragdolls

As good as Nash is, if the Rags were to acquire him, yes he would be great for them. However, the Rags would be taking a huge gamble because you can bet they will lose some of the core players on that team. Dubinsky is at least one of them. I hope the Rags do it.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As good as Nash is, if the Rags were to acquire him, yes he would be great for them. However, the Rags would be taking a huge gamble because you can bet they will lose some of the core players on that team. Dubinsky is at least one of them. I hope the Rags do it.

Plus they would then have 4 guys making 7 mill or better and have no room to do anythi8ng else for years.