• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My Take on the Nash Rumors and the Flyers

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol does he wear number 5? that would be overkill

I think he is either 61 or 81. Check out his greatest hits on YouTube. Seriously, it's hard to believe Buffalo doesn't have this guy in the lineup every night. He may be injured? The crushing hit he put on Nielsson of the Jsles was nasty. I brought this rumor up because the Sabres may be a great trade partner. They have an abundance of talented dmen and we have centers which they badly need. Briere is the name who comes to mind. He still has family in western NY. He is still close friends with some of the players. I think he would waive his NTC for Buffalo. This is just my opinion.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he is either 61 or 81. Check out his greatest hits on YouTube. Seriously, it's hard to believe Buffalo doesn't have this guy in the lineup every night. He may be injured? The crushing hit he put on Nielsson of the Jsles was nasty. I brought this rumor up because the Sabres may be a great trade partner. They have an abundance of talented dmen and we have centers which they badly need. Briere is the name who comes to mind. He still has family in western NY. He is still close friends with some of the players. I think he would waive his NTC for Buffalo. This is just my opinion.

Briere, walker and a 3rd for Meyers :-)

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Briere, walker and a 3rd for Meyers :-)

I'd love Meyers, but no way would the Sabres trade him. He just recently signed a long term cap friendly deal to stay put. Miller would get dealt before Meyers would. If Buffalo loses tonight against us, don't be surprised to see Roy, Stafford, Miller, etc. get shopped around. Really the only one I like besides Miller would be a package that would consist of Gaustad, McNabb and maybe a pick for Briere and Bourdon.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*Note*

I wish we had a poster here who could give us all an honest assessment of the Phantoms. I watched Lauridsen at the Classic and he was easily (my opinion anyways) the best dman out there. Dude is big (6'6") and played with great poise.

I know his experience level has a way to go, but he was rock solid in that game.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks JJ, but I meant on daily basis. Someone who can tell us what it's really like and not what some beat writer says..

:)

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Briere would have a pretty ig group involved imo(Buffalo, Nash, StL, Tor, Fla, Minn, Phx, Ana, the Isleshell even La possibly) if he agreed to waive his NTC to a contending team there is more then enough interest to ignite a mini-bidding war and walk out with a good return. He does hold the potential to be a # 1 center and huge offensive catalyst, he just isn't doing that here this year which screams change of scenery to me. I would realistically see him bringing in a pick and a prospect.

For example if we traded Briere to Nashville who desperately needs scoring & has an abundance of young defensive men I could see us getting either Prospect Ryan Ellis Player Profile - Hockey's Future or Prospect Jonathon Blum Player Profile - Hockey's Future and a 1st out of them for Briere(we may have to throw a 3rd in to equal it out though.

If we look at a team like TOR then I think we could target Prospect Cody Franson Player Profile - Hockey's Future or Prospect Jake Gardiner Player Profile - Hockey's Future & a 1st(again we may have to throw in a third.

Last example I'll use is StL who desperately needs help scoring I think Prospect Alex Pietrangelo Player Profile - Hockey's Future orhttp://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/keith_shattenkirk would be the targets(again I would try to get a 1st thrown in even if I gave up a 2nd/3rd here).

For Carle I think the return is much clearer you start with a 1st and a young rfa roster player preferably a d-man and you settle either the first or a a good rfa if you can't get you're asking price.

I'd throw Bryz on the market too and see if I could get him to waive because you can see how this city is wearing on him now, if hw as up for it asking price starts at a 1st, top tier prospect and we'll take salary back in the form of the other teams goalie or a pending ufa.

I know that not all these moves will or could happen, but if they somehow got made we'd have received 1-2 1st, prob a 2nd, 1-1 prospect(at least 1 d) & a back-up oalie for bob while freeing up 15.5m in cap space, meaning we can rebuild this team in the image of every year being a cup year. It will take extremely good cap management and trading player at the proper time to achieve this for mre then 3-4 year, but I think this is the direction the front office wanted to go in anyway with the departures of Richie and Carter.

Again this is just my $0.02 and I'd love to hear your thought and get some feedback since you're the only fans I know educated enough to really have these discussions with.

this might be my favorite trade talk post of the year.. i like all 3 options you laid out there.. i'm not sure i'd do all of them, but the briere one especially is one i would look in too.. i threw out the blues a couple weeks ago as potentially being a great trade partner with pietrangelo and shattenkirk.. one of their top prospect not on an NHL roster is also a d-man i believe.. ian cole.. i'm not sure we could get a 1st and pietrangelo or shattenkirk, but i bet we could with Ian Cole.. and we coule maybe get a 2nd for one of the top 2.. if the blues are serious about adding more scoring.. my concern is they're just too on fire lately to make a move like this

i hadn't thought of the sabres, but they too have great d-prospects like has been mentioned.. actually from the looks of it they have 5 prospects better than the flyers best (gust) on the back end.. wow.

again, all this hinges on danny's NTC, but i think he'd accept a trade to buffalo or someone that's more of a contender than the flyers

i am warming up to the idea of selling carle, strictly because he'd probably be the best puck moving d-man available should he hit the market

and obviously bryz i'm open to trading, i really hate that contract

This. McNabb is a very good hitter and a nice player.

agreed.

*Note*

I wish we had a poster here who could give us all an honest assessment of the Phantoms. I watched Lauridsen at the Classic and he was easily (my opinion anyways) the best dman out there. Dude is big (6'6") and played with great poise.

I know his experience level has a way to go, but he was rock solid in that game.

a lot of people said lauridsen was a standout in camp too, but he's been a healthy scratch quite a few times this season.. though i'm not sure why

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks JJ, but I meant on daily basis. Someone who can tell us what it's really like and not what some beat writer says..

Unfortunately I live on the other side of NY. I am out of the loop on the Phantoms. I do have inside scoop on the Sabres farm. I know it doesn't do us any good. Give me Homer's number and I can scout the farm for him.lol.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is it now...11 more days till the deadline is over?

It's been eerily quiet so far, but you can definitely feel the intensity rising.

>> Come on Homer.....make us proud man!!!!

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately I live on the other side of NY. I am out of the loop on the Phantoms. I do have inside scoop on the Sabres farm. I know it doesn't do us any good. Give me Homer's number and I can scout the farm for him.lol.

lol Well...thanks anyways Mally, but I'll pass on the Beefalo updates.

Shiiiit...if I had his number we wouldn't be wildly speculating around here!! :becky:

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word is Homer has had no talks w/ Columbus in regards to Nash.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Word is Homer has had no talks w/ Columbus in regards to Nash.

Thank goodness. Just to hear Nash's name will start at JVR. Then it will turn into Cooter, Schenn, and possibly Bob. That's an expensive bill. Kind of reminds me of a service call. The guy over charges just to ring the door bell. Then it only gets worse when he guts whatever it is that needs repaired. I love Nash, but this is the kind of deal that could potentially cripple our roster for just 1 man. No thanks! Let another team do that like the Flyers West Coast team LA.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank goodness. Just to hear Nash's name will start at JVR. Then it will turn into Cooter, Schenn, and possibly Bob. That's an expensive bill. Kind of reminds me of a service call. The guy over charges just to ring the door bell. Then it only gets worse when he guts whatever it is that needs repaired. I love Nash, but this is the kind of deal that could potentially cripple our roster for just 1 man. No thanks! Let another team do that like the Flyers West Coast team LA.

Dont forget about his 7.8 million cap hit for 5 more years.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont forget about his 7.8 million cap hit for 5 more years.

It's frightening thinking about it. Part of me is hoping the Rags get him. The reason being it would kill a huge part of their top tier prospects, plus you are talking about Dubinski, maybe Del Zotto. It sucks knowing how much better offensively the Rsgs would be, but that contract is very high. All I think about is Kovalchuk.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Briere out we should just flip him for Nash. :)

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sure his brain's vaginal area has a lot do to with any kind of concussion he may have. :rolleyes: